Valentines day

Geordie Boyo

Although it's a load of shite, lasses like it if you make the effort to try and be romantic and do something for Valentine's Day, in my experience anyway. Although, as Toonraider mentions, they also like it if you do that sort of thing on a random basis throughout the year too. Although I'm not sure wor lass would regard a box of Turkish Delight as 'something special'. :razz: How gash are those massive cards from Hallmark btw? ;)

Yeah, but it was the fact he'd gone in this posh little sweet shop, one of those where the sweets are home-made and sold loose and he chose it for me. Its an old saying but it is the thought that counts! Plus i LOVE turkish delight! :razz:

Aye, I was just kidding tbh, wish I could've got a price from Ladbroke's for your biting at that remark though :o

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I just add that I hate fucking Valentines day.

No card then??

It's tomorrow smartarse ;)

Yeah I know it is - just seeing if he's pre-empting that's all :razz:

This thread has just reminded me of something - in the first year of high school I got a surprise through the door on Valentine's Day. It was a letter from the school asking me Mam and Dad to come in and have a chat with the head of year about my general 'attitude'.

This thread has just reminded me of something - in the first year of high school I got a surprise through the door on Valentine's Day. It was a letter from the school asking me Mam and Dad to come in and have a chat with the head of year about my general 'attitude'.

;)

I got one of those arrive on Christmas Eve one year. Had a feeling it was going to be about my attitude and the school stamp on the envelope confirmed my suspicions.

No fucking way was I having my Christmas ruined by one of my cock-head teachers so I chucked it under the door mat.

Completely forgot about it until the parents evening a couple of months later when my folks came back and asked "where was the letter?" :razz:

Don't think I helped matters when I told my Mam if she hoovered under the door mat occasionally, she might have found it... ;)

I got one of those arrive on Christmas Eve one year. Had a feeling it was going to be about my attitude and the school stamp on the envelope confirmed my suspicions.

No fucking way was I having my Christmas ruined by one of my cock-head teachers so I chucked it under the door mat.

Completely forgot about it until the parents evening a couple of months later when my folks came back and asked "where was the letter?" :o

Don't think I helped matters when I told my Mam if she hoovered under the door mat occasionally, she might have found it... :razz:

We've all had those like. ;)

When me Chemistry teacher told me dad I was a liability and endangering other people during experiments she wasn't best pleased when he just laughed at her. :razz:

Although it's a load of shite, lasses like it if you make the effort to try and be romantic and do something for Valentine's Day, in my experience anyway. Although, as Toonraider mentions, they also like it if you do that sort of thing on a random basis throughout the year too. Although I'm not sure wor lass would regard a box of Turkish Delight as 'something special'. :razz: How gash are those massive cards from Hallmark btw? ;)

Aye, I think you've hit the nail on the head there like. Essentially lasses want to be spoiled on prescribed days (such as Valentines day) and randomly throughout the year too. :razz:

This is all forgetting the true meaning of Valentine's day however, which is of course KK's birthday. Try getting them something KK themed though and see what thanks you get!

Aye, I think you've hit the nail on the head there like. Essentially lasses want to be spoiled on prescribed days (such as Valentines day) and randomly throughout the year too. :o

This is all forgetting the true meaning of Valentine's day however, which is of course KK's birthday. Try getting them something KK themed though and see what thanks you get!

:razz:

Aye, I think you've hit the nail on the head there like. Essentially lasses want to be spoiled on prescribed days (such as Valentines day) and randomly throughout the year too. :o

You booked her in for a fucking perm, didn't you?? :razz:

Although it's a load of shite, lasses like it if you make the effort to try and be romantic and do something for Valentine's Day, in my experience anyway. Although, as Toonraider mentions, they also like it if you do that sort of thing on a random basis throughout the year too. Although I'm not sure wor lass would regard a box of Turkish Delight as 'something special'. :o How gash are those massive cards from Hallmark btw? ;)

Aye, I think you've hit the nail on the head there like. Essentially lasses want to be spoiled on prescribed days (such as Valentines day) and randomly throughout the year too. :icon_lol:

You booked her in for a fucking perm, didn't you?? :razz:

:razz:

I got her Toni and Guy vouchers as part of her xmas boxes actually so you never know....

Obiously just not found the right one, eh Dave? :D

Some fucker's bitter. :gettin:

:D I'm not fucking wrong though am I?

(I've actually spent £50 on a bunch of white lillies to be delivered to a girl who I'm totally fucking smitten with, but that's different, because I'm actively trying to "woo" her, rather than fulfilling some bollocks hallmark creation that dictates when and how I can be romantic.) :D

Although it's a load of shite, lasses like it if you make the effort to try and be romantic and do something for Valentine's Day, in my experience anyway. Although, as Toonraider mentions, they also like it if you do that sort of thing on a random basis throughout the year too. Although I'm not sure wor lass would regard a box of Turkish Delight as 'something special'. :D How gash are those massive cards from Hallmark btw? :D

Yeah, but it was the fact he'd gone in this posh little sweet shop, one of those where the sweets are home-made and sold loose and he chose it for me. Its an old saying but it is the thought that counts! Plus i LOVE turkish delight! :gettin:

Aye, I was just kidding tbh, wish I could've got a price from Ladbroke's for your biting at that remark though B)

That wasnt biting alex :D I was just explaining why a paltry sounding box of turkish was special to me!!

• 3 months later...

One of my friends is leaving and I want to make her a compilation of songs. I've got a few songs that we've shared over the years but I want a few suggestions for farewell tracks. I don't want anything too lovey-dovey (for that was not the nature of our relationship) or slow and teary (although a few of those wouldn't be disastrous).

I'm not near my CD collection at the moment so I'm struggling to come up with a whole album's worth. Any suggestions? Obviously, Rachel Stevens' Nothing Good About This Goodbye will be on there, probably kicking things off.

One of my friends is leaving and I want to make her a compilation of songs. I've got a few songs that we've shared over the years but I want a few suggestions for farewell tracks. I don't want anything too lovey-dovey (for that was not the nature of our relationship) or slow and teary (although a few of those wouldn't be disastrous).

I'm not near my CD collection at the moment so I'm struggling to come up with a whole album's worth. Any suggestions? Obviously, Rachel Stevens' Nothing Good About This Goodbye will be on there, probably kicking things off.

Bye bye baby (baby goodbye)?

:D