Baby murdered in Cowgate

peasepud

much more likely she was on drugs or booze, fell asleep with a ciggie in her mouth and set fire tot he palce by accident

When she woke up the baby was dead and she panicked and ran for it - happens all the time - see above - tho even I was amazed at 10 cases in less than 2 months in the UK

Edited by Rob W

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, none of us know and it's wrong to speculate exaclty what happened.

Rob, what you have said is possible, but at the same time could be completely wide of the mark...

odds on I'm right -

the cock up theory of life is more dependable than the conspiracy theory

very very very very few mothers kill their kids

dozens of people set light to themselves by accident

Most likely she fell asleep with a ciggie in her mouth, set the place on fire, woke up and paniced

but a murder charge?

if she'd come screaming out of the house and told the truth it would have been "tragic accident"

happens every week.............................

26919[/snapback]

It doesn't like. :razz:

26938[/snapback]

I'm afraid it does - people die in house fires all the time - it hardly makes the national press :D:lol::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::(:(

from my favourite web site - from JUNE 2005 to now............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicest...ire/4194228.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/4184278.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4139782.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4722341.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yo...ire/4718401.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4702587.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_y...ire/4690313.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4648635.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4122510.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4112582.stm

27037[/snapback]

I wasn't disputing that people die in house fires all the time. You're convinced she fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand, woke up and panicked, made up a ludicrous story and it now being charged with murder when it was a tragic accident. I was saying that something like that doesn't happen all the time. I personally think that if that were the case, then she would have eventually told the police that and subsequently wouldn't have been charged with murder.

None of us know for sure, neither you nor I, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by catmag

It also doesn't explain how the fag flew across the room and landed on the baby as she slept, leaving him dead and her un-burnt. It also doesn't explain how she had the presence of mind to tie wire tightly around her wrists and then break it.

Well I don't know the exact layout of the room but what kills most people is NOT burning to death but the fumes - almost everyone in these cases is dead from CO inhalation long before the flames get to them

Small children and old people are much more sensitive to low levels of CO - which can kill you very very quickly (I had a very close shave once and I know what I'm talking about here)

as for the murder charge far be it for me to suggest the police were really pissed when they found that they didn't have a dreadful murder case with suspects, strange motives, CCTV, TV exposure, forensic etc etc to work on - just another bloody miserable accident - that they are taking it out on the girl

Well I don't know the exact layout of the room but what kills most people is NOT burning to death but the fumes - almost everyone in these cases is dead from CO inhalation long before the flames get to them

Small children and old people are much more sensitive to low levels of CO - which can kill you very very quickly (I had a very close shave once and I know what I'm talking about here)

as for the murder charge far be it for me to suggest the police were really pissed when they found  that they didn't have a dreadful murder case with suspects, strange motives, CCTV, TV exposure, forensic etc etc  to work on - just another bloody miserable accident - that they are taking it out on the girl

27868[/snapback]

Rob, with the greatest of respect, no matter what anyone posts on this board you appear to have been everywhere, done everything, know everything and have an awful lot of t-shirts. Considering I know a police officer that is working on this case, I suggest you tread carefully with comments such as the above as they are, at this moment in time, completely unfounded and unnecessary.

as for the murder charge far be it for me to suggest the police were really pissed when they found  that they didn't have a dreadful murder case with suspects, strange motives, CCTV, TV exposure, forensic etc etc  to work on - just another bloody miserable accident - that they are taking it out on the girl

27868[/snapback]

Let me get this right then. We shouldn't speculate on this one without knowing all the facts.....but it's ok for you to speculate that the police have decided to frame the mother for murder?

As for your close shave with CO poisoning - what relevance does that have to your pontifications? :razz:

Edited by Gemmill

Considering I know a police officer that is working on this case.

27871[/snapback]

Although having posted that, I realise it may have been a little foolish of me cos you probably had the Detective Chief Inspector round for tea last night....

"Rob, with the greatest of respect, no matter what anyone posts on this board you appear to have been everywhere, done everything, know everything and have an awful lot of t-shirts. Considering I know a police officer that is working on this case, I suggest you tread carefully with comments such as the above as they are, at this moment in time, completely unfounded and unnecessary."

much of what you say is true - I am older, I have traveled to many places that no-one else on this board has, and I 've seen a lot more water go under the bridge ( my T shirt collection is truly VAST) - its called experience... and one day you will know at least as much as I do

I'm afraid, like a lot of people, I have little respect for the police - I believe they are human and make mistakes for a start

Suggesting that police "fit people up" is unfortunately a fact (see Guildford, Birmingham etc etc)

What I said was that the charge of murder would not have been laid if she hadn't told a load of lies at the start - I hope you will give me credit for being able to spot that her original story was off well before anyone else on here?

It will be very interesting to see how this pans out

Manslaughter evens is my guess.......................

27868[/snapback]

Let me get this right then. We shouldn't speculate on this one without knowing all the facts.....but it's ok for you to speculate that the police have decided to frame the mother for murder?

As for your close shave with CO poisoning - what relevance does that have to your pontifications? :razz:

27874[/snapback]

means I might know what I'm talking about - a new thought for this board I know but there you go.......................

27868[/snapback]

The murder charge is pretty standard. It might reduced down by the CPS to manslaughte/diminished responsibility etc, depending on whether they think they can secure a conviction or whether she is prepared to plead guilty.

27873[/snapback]

think you're right.............

27868[/snapback]

27874[/snapback]

means I might know what I'm talking about - a new thought for this board I know but there you go.......................

27895[/snapback]

How's that then? You state that CO poisoning affects the very old or the very young quicker than others and that somehow puts you in a position of great knowledge about this case? I know that if someone gets shot in the head there's a good chance that they'll die, but it wouldn't give me any advantage in a discussion about a shooting in which we all have the same facts available to us.

I was trying to explain why the baby may have died but the mother is still alive even though they were in the same room....................

I'll remember to S-P-E-L-L it out next time

If you don't want read my opinions (or anyone elses) on the case you just don't have to click the thread y'know....................

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1315

another take on our wonderful police..................

27904[/snapback]

And they still haven't arrested that junkie Radcliffe either :sing:

27966[/snapback]

I have NEVER stated that the People's Paula takes drugs - only that she had a sudden and dramatic improvement in performance half way through her career

If the police were to have suspicions about any memeber of the public I am sure they will act with their usual effiicancy and speed..............

:razz::D:lol::sing::sing::sing:

I was trying to explain why the baby may have died but the mother is still alive even though they were in the same room....................

I'll remember to S-P-E-L-L  it out next time

If you don't want read my opinions (or anyone elses) on the case you just don't have to click the thread y'know....................

28225[/snapback]

I'm more than willing to read your opinion. I was merely pointing out that it holds no more weight than anyone else's.

I agree believe it or not..................

That's what a Board is all about - full and free exchange of OPINION

My opinion carries weight at work or at home but not here................

28255[/snapback]

Not what your lass was telling me. :razz:

28255[/snapback]

28305[/snapback]

Also, I would say Rob's opinion does carry some weight on here. Just not much :D

28255[/snapback]

28305[/snapback]

You never expect anyone's wife to listen to them do you????????????

:D:lol::sing::sing: