Music Taste

Tom

She's a better singer like.

Gemmil

??

In answer to the question in the topic. You've handily provided evidence to your severely damaged aural taste buds.

The lass off X-Factor is a better singer than Bob Dylan. To argue otherwise is just daft tbh. I like Bob Dylan, and his voice suits his songs, but he's not a good singer.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a better singer like.

Gemmil

??

In answer to the question in the topic. You've handily provided evidence to your severely damaged aural taste buds.

The lass off X-Factor is a better singer than Bob Dylan. To argue otherwise is just daft tbh. I like Bob Dylan, and his voice suits his songs, but he's not a good singer.

He's a perfectly fine singer. Miles better than not good.

I'd rather listen to him than her.

I'd say she's worse because she's trying to be (and is being portrayed as) something she's clearly not - for a wannabe big balladeer in the Whitney mould, she has absolutely horrendous technique.

(That last bit sounded a mite camp, didn't it? Ah well.)

"Perfectly fine". Be careful not to go over the top with the superlatives here. :naughty: I would rather listen to Dylan then her too, but the fact remains that she's a better singer.

The fact that you went and saw Erasure, not in 80/90s at the height of their career but in the last 18 months really does disqualify you from having an opinion on this Gemmill.

I'd say she's worse because she's trying to be (and is being portrayed as) something she's clearly not - for a wannabe big balladeer in the Whitney mould, she has absolutely horrendous technique.

(That last bit sounded a mite camp, didn't it? Ah well.)

Indeed it did. :naughty: And I'm sorry like, but if you gave her and Bob Dylan a "difficult" song to sing, I'm confident she'd make a better job of it than Dylan because she can sing better than him. Horrendous technique notwithstanding. :lol:

"Perfectly fine". Be careful not to go over the top with the superlatives here. :naughty: I would rather listen to Dylan then her too, but the fact remains that she's a better singer.

The fact that you went and saw Erasure, not in 80/90s at the height of their career but in the last 18 months really does disqualify you from having an opinion on this Gemmill.

The fact that, until recently, you sported a full ginger beard precludes you from having a worthwhile opinion on anything pertaining to taste.

On a top trump card she'd score higher on power and range, but that's the fine thing about taste (the thread), it allows for the oxymoron where better isn't always best.

It's called the Celine Dion paradox. :lol:

On a top trump card she'd score higher on power and range, but that's the fine thing about taste (the thread), it allows for the oxymoron where better isn't always best.

It's called the Celine Dion paradox. :lol:

Sealion Dying. Now she is shit.

It's called the Celine Dion paradox. ;)

Bet there are some here who have a copy or two of her squawking though. :lol:

Are yous lot comparing X factor warblers with Bob Dylan?

I think we've got some fucking brass-neck claiming this place is a higher forum of debate than N-O sometimes.

You're right, its ludicrous...Dylan wouldn't get past the first auditions of X-factor!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I think we've got some fucking brass-neck claiming this place is a higher forum of debate than N-O sometimes.

Strictly in terms of singing ability. And Dylan loses tbh. FACT.

Statistical certainty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZzb_PtXEyE

Ahh, those were the days. :razz:

You're right, its ludicrous...Dylan wouldn't get past the first auditions of X-factor!

Poor man's Journey South tbh. Not fit to be on the same stage as Darius Dinesh.

Probably, aye. Titanic fans rather than Celine fans no doubt :razz: I've never seen that film btw.

Poor man's Journey South tbh. Not fit to be on the same stage as Darius Dinesh.

A man of musical taste, knowing Darius' surname! :naughty: Isn't it Danesh though?

any crass warbling old tart gets my goat.

sealion dying is about right.

i like electronic music, does that make me an arse? kraftwerk, tangerine dream, aphex twin squarepusher, boards of canada, air, orbital..... etc etc....

No, that makes you canny cool judging by that list. The only problem is I'm the one doing the judging.

Probably, aye. Titanic fans rather than Celine fans no doubt :razz: I've never seen that film btw.

Me neither as I'd already seen Kate's breasts in that Peter Jackson film she did years before.

Thanks for Meenzer to admitting the shame, wonder if our other resident campster will admit the same?

any crass warbling old tart gets my goat.

sealion dying is about right.

i like electronic music, does that make me an arse? kraftwerk, tangerine dream, aphex twin squarepusher, boards of canada, air, orbital..... etc etc....

No, that makes you canny cool judging by that list. The only problem is I'm the one doing the judging.

aphex twins and kraftwerk are as far on that list as I go.

what about the old caberet voltare, are they still cool for skool?