Roeder

I think the way we played in the first half tonight only shows how poor the management team is. We've been scrambling along all season when there's clear potential.

By the very laws of probability a performance like that was well overdue.

Alternatively, you could argue that now he actually a good few players back, and has been able to work with them...

I'll be convinced if Glenn can string a few decent performances and results together. We have had terrible injury problems again this season (mainly due to the small size of the squad) but then again I still think we've had a good enough first team out most of the time to put in better performances than we have.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment i`ll agree Roeder cant attract the best players but all managers have to build a reputation and i think he is slowly doing this.

This season he has had to cope with an horendous injury list, not complained about it once unlike Souness who winged on and on and he seems to get on with the players unlike Souness who told probably our best player at the time on day 1 he wasnt wanted.

We are seeing players slowly emerge from the acadamy do we really need to spend millions on foreign players who are an unknown quantity? The way the Premiership is going its going to get tougher and tougher to reach the top unless we get a big money backer and the outcome of that is 50 quid a ticket to watch a game.

Wait untill next season when HOPEFULLY we will have Michael Owen back if he pairs with MARTINS and we have the likes of Ameobi, Duff, Taylor, Parker and Butt all fit we just might go out and get somewhere.

I've not been as impressed with Taylor this season as I used to be, think we really need to concentrate on another decent centre half come the summer.

I've not been as impressed with Taylor this season as I used to be, think we really need to concentrate on another decent centre half come the summer.

Taylor has never struck me as anything other than an average centre half. Positioning, posing and believing his own press tend to let him down at times. His passing and lack of pace dont help either.

Taylor has never struck me as anything other than an average centre half. Positioning, posing and believing his own press tend to let him down at times. His passing and lack of pace dont help either.

?? :icon_lol: ?? he's made steady progress yet again this season tbh.

I would agree that he has 'steadied the ship' to some degree but so far he hasn't been able to get the ship under-weigh and moving ahead on an even keel. I'm not sure he has the capability to do that but would like to see him succeed.

At times I can't fault him for some of the results we get albeit I don't always agree with his line-ups. Against the Boro however he fielded a team that I would have chose from the players that were available and it was a match from which the players themselves should have got the 3 points.

I believe success can only come for Roeder if he can assemble the right mix of players for next season and unless he is given the necessary funds we'll be looking at another long season of high-hopes and low-spirits.

With all the players currently on the books and in tip-top condition I have doubts that we can compete with the likes of Man.Utd., Chelsea, and Arsenal for the top three places.

Agreed

I would agree that he has 'steadied the ship' to some degree but so far he hasn't been able to get the ship under-weigh and moving ahead on an even keel. I'm not sure he has the capability to do that but would like to see him succeed.

At times I can't fault him for some of the results we get albeit I don't always agree with his line-ups. Against the Boro however he fielded a team that I would have chose from the players that were available and it was a match from which the players themselves should have got the 3 points.

I believe success can only come for Roeder if he can assemble the right mix of players for next season and unless he is given the necessary funds we'll be looking at another long season of high-hopes and low-spirits.

With all the players currently on the books and in tip-top condition I have doubts that we can compete with the likes of Man.Utd., Chelsea, and Arsenal for the top three places.

Agreed

Bonus points for the nautical metaphors too tbf.

It looks like we are satisfied with mid table tbh

so long as he's not gettng us relegated we'l keep the useless bastard B)

And to think Robson was sacked because 5th wasn't good enough...

In Robson's first two seasons we finished 11th :icon_lol:

A sensible point? we don't like sensible points in these parts. B)

Comparing Glenn Roeder to Bobby Robson seems sensible to you?

Put like that - no.

On paper though, the point is fair enough.

When SBR came to the club we were in trouble. But because of his past successes and track record; we were all more willing to give him time. Someone like him was bound to get us back up there.

Roeder however is not afforded that luxury because he hasn't proved it yet. He can't boast the record necessary to vindicate it. This is why we're generally less convinced by him.

He pulled us round last season. If he hadn't we'd be in a worse position. So far he's not done anything that would justify getting getting rid. Even so, it's not like we have World Class managers knocking on our door in a position to offer us a better deal.

We played some lovely stuff tonight. We've played some awful stuff this season too, but there is the promise of better stuff here.

We're not likely to shoot back up to the dizzy heights of 3/4/5th in the immediate future unless we can sign another inspirational manager who can catapulte us up the league(s) in the manner SBR or KK did. Both of those were also heroes in our eyes and brought with them something other managers could not emulate.

Anyway, I'm getting deep now and I need another drink B)