controversial one to get things going

bobbyshinton

Never mind bringing back lasses/lads from other ethnic groups I once was seeing a lass who it turns out my dad was her brothers Probation Officer. He gave me & her short shrift for months until we split and then he was all sweetness and light. ;)

I think the question seems to be more relevant to people from different ethnic origins.

ie a asian girl brings home a non asian lad.

Just to make things clear I have not got a bigoted thought in me, <_<

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind bringing back lasses/lads from other ethnic groups I once was seeing a lass who it turns out my dad was her brothers Probation Officer. He gave me & her short shrift for months until we split and then he was all sweetness and light. ;)

Have you heard this one? Smooths basically a coppers son. Nark tbh.

Now the Fish's Anthony Worral Thompson-esque descriptions of the sandwiches he makes himself for work make a lot more sense. He sees his bait as a status symbol. ;) It also explains why he made that story up about the pretty secretary stopping by his desk to compliment him on his sandwich.

You were the one using the words middle to upper. Still sussed you I reckon. ;)

it's not a stretch to come to the conclusion that I mis-spoke. <_<

you're still a knobber mind

tbf my interests are more in common with that section of society than you bunch of prols.

also, bear in mind the person I am around you lot (face to face or on here) is lightyears from the person I am around my mates.

Is it common for members of the upper class to pretend they're something they're not like?

"People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are."

(Hyacinth from Keeping up Appearances)

I had a longterm relationship with a black girl and we were both welcomed into eachothers family, thankfully there was never a problem in that respect, and I wouldn't have problem if any of my kids did the same.

tbf my interests are more in common with that section of society than you bunch of prols.

also, bear in mind the person I am around you lot (face to face or on here) is lightyears from the person I am around my mates.

Is it common for members of the upper class to pretend they're something they're not like?

"People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are."

Did I honestly just see a German quote an English 'comedy' series starring Patricia Routledge?

I really have seen it all now.

Did I honestly just see a German quote an English 'comedy' series starring Patricia Routledge?

I really have seen it all now.

;)

You were the one using the words middle to upper. Still sussed you I reckon. <_<

it's not a stretch to come to the conclusion that I mis-spoke. :shades:

you're still a knobber mind

Sussed <_<;)

It's weird how people who've never met me or seen a recent photo have this mental image of me weighing 20 stone.

and the story wasn't about the fit secretary telling me my sandwich was nice, it was about my sandich being nice enough to get a compliment. <_<

and alex, you're a knobber. ;)

Any stately homes needing double glazing ???

Keep up man I jacked that lark in ages ago.

A career not befitting a man of your stature, breeding and nobility eh ?

;)

He was doing upper class bar work not so long ago iirc.

"A pint? Sure I can't interest you in a Pimms?"

;) not far off the truth tbh. <_<

heading towards a career in Independent Financial Advice. <_< got nowt to do with what I want to do, or my studies, but it's a decent career path as long as you get off the bottom rungs of the ladder as quickly as possible.

I still want to write for a living but I'm a good way off that and I need to concentrate on the here and now.

(Mind you saying this I'm doing part-time work for "that fucking Silky" and would love to do something frivilous like that for a couple of years.)

You have to do post-grad qualifications to be an IFA, don't you? Toonfish or the streaker on the SMB do that for a living.

yeah, the "starter" ones are the CFs 1-6 covering regulations and ethics all the way through protections to mortgages and investments.

bit like another stint at Uni without the cheap nights out, waking in the afternoon and general dossing.

mind you the company that I work for will increment my wage with each exam I pass, so there's genuine incentive to take as many as possible, instead of, say, settling for mortgage advice alone.

Edited by The Fish

You have to do post-grad qualifications to be an IFA, don't you? Toonfish or the streaker on the SMB do that for a living.

yeah, the "starter" ones are the CFs 1-6 covering regulations and ethics all the way through protections to mortgages and investments.

bit like another stint at Uni without the cheap nights out, waking in the afternoon and general dossing.

Can't you have your butler do them?

Can't you have your butler do them?

What? Ethnics?

He wouldn't have the in the house!