Newcastle United Vs Chelsea: Official Match thread

Jimbo

my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :nufc:

Yet again true to form. :nufc:

(come on call me pooey pants, you KNOW you want to :first:)

I don't do requests, Albert.

Oh my how cutting. :lol: (you must have been saving that one for a special occasion I guess)

Ner ne ner ner next maybe? :razz:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :nufc:

(come on call me pooey pants, you KNOW you want to :friends:)

Oh my how cutting. :lol: (you must have been saving that one for a special occasion I guess)

Ner ne ner ner next maybe? :razz:

You've got the upper hand here Fop. I'm the one that looks silly. You boring dickhead. :first:

Fop likes mediocrity and 'respectable' draws against the top teams. This makes up for all the underachievement. He's not alone though, theres a few of his ilk running the club.

Heh you can try to put completely false words into my mouth all you like, it still doesn't make your position any less nonsensical. :nufc:

(in fact I was nearly lynched earlier in the season for saying we should still be aiming to break into Champions League places, whether or not it is realistic - my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place)

If you think there's a 'mob mentality' on here (which I simply take to be your slightly over sensitive way of describing an identity of opinion that you don't happen to share)

There's a huge and quite viscous mob/hysteria mentality on here, if you can't see it that's only because you like to follow it. :lol:

That's not to say I don't some times agree with it, only that I'm not afraid to disagree with it, even though the consequences are inevitably threads like this.

then you should try to see it in the context of the season. If you thought at the start of the season that we should be aiming for Champions League, then given where we stand at the end of it and the weight that you now ascribe to results like yesterdays then it's your position that's nonsensical. That must be clear to you.

I've thought and said the same thing all season and the same thing now, if people are not aiming at that (no matter how realistic) then there's is no point being at Newcastle.

Summer signings, for example, cannot be in the context of Premiership survival or mid table mediocrity, aims like that will end in relegation eventually.

My position is that yesterdays game means absolutely nothing in the context of a season of results like those against Wigan/Bolton/Portsmouth etc etc.

Although given the position of Portsmouth and Bolton this season they must be doing something right (although it may go back to an earlier point about attractive entertainment or well... points).

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :first:

(come on call me pooey pants, you KNOW you want to :headphonedance:)

Ner ne ner ner next maybe? :nufc:

You've got the upper hand here Fop. I'm the one that looks silly. You boring dickhead. :friends:

Almost Ner ne ner ne ner ner. :razz:

You're clearly covering yourself in glory here, who knows there might be a comedy DvD deal out of it for you, clearly it'd sell well here. :good:

Fop likes mediocrity and 'respectable' draws against the top teams. This makes up for all the underachievement. He's not alone though, theres a few of his ilk running the club.

Heh you can try to put completely false words into my mouth all you like, it still doesn't make your position any less nonsensical. :nufc:

(in fact I was nearly lynched earlier in the season for saying we should still be aiming to break into Champions League places, whether or not it is realistic - my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place)

If you think there's a 'mob mentality' on here (which I simply take to be your slightly over sensitive way of describing an identity of opinion that you don't happen to share)

There's a huge and quite viscous mob/hysteria mentality on here, if you can't see it that's only because you like to follow it. :lol:

That's not to say I don't some times agree with it, only that I'm not afraid to disagree with it, even though the consequences are inevitably threads like this.

then you should try to see it in the context of the season. If you thought at the start of the season that we should be aiming for Champions League, then given where we stand at the end of it and the weight that you now ascribe to results like yesterdays then it's your position that's nonsensical. That must be clear to you.

I've thought and said the same thing all season and the same thing now, if people are not aiming at that (no matter how realistic) then there's is no point being at Newcastle.

Summer signings, for example, cannot be in the context of Premiership survival or mid table mediocrity, aims like that will end in relegation eventually.

My position is that yesterdays game means absolutely nothing in the context of a season of results like those against Wigan/Bolton/Portsmouth etc etc.

Although given the position of Portsmouth and Bolton this season they must be doing something right (although it may go back to an earlier point about attractive entertainment or well... points).

Sorry, can't have your cake and eat it, we're either Champions League prospects or we're not. If you think/thought we were then it follows that theres zero concelation in a 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea at the end of the season.

By citing Portsmouth and Bolton as 'doing something right' you're not detracting from my argument by the way-youre inadvertantly proving it. Ie theyre not great but theyre achieving progress within realistic parametres. Thats precisely the opposite to what we're doing. Just thought I'd point this out.

You're clearly a delicate flower Fop and it's a bit of a waste of time arguing with you because it's clear that most of your responses are premised on you 'not caring' about 'going up against the mob'. 'The mob' ffs. It's an internet message board. Protesting way too much.

Sorry, can't have your cake and eat it, we're either Champions League prospects or we're not. If you think/thought we were then it follows that theres zero concelation in a 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea at the end of the season.

So where exactly do you think we should be aiming for then? 11th? or is that too high? :razz:

By citing Portsmouth and Bolton as 'doing something right' you're not detracting from my argument by the way-youre inadvertantly proving it. Ie theyre not great but theyre achieving progress within realistic parametres. Thats precisely the opposite to what we're doing. Just thought I'd point this out.

They are also largely doing it (although of course it is something that has to be done regularly to be really be relevant) with methods that are and would be roundly criticised here.

Although again this goes back to what you think Newcastle should be aiming at?

You're clearly a delicate flower Fop and it's a bit of a waste of time arguing with you because it's clear that most of your responses are premised on you 'not caring' about 'going up against the mob'. 'The mob' ffs. It's an internet message board. Protesting way too much.

I'm not sure I'd call what you are doing "arguing" I think you'd have to have a coherent point for that. :nufc:

So where exactly do you think we should be aiming for then? 11th? or is that too high? :nufc:

I'll just deal with this bit as it basically covers everything else and will explain my position:

I think we're nowhere near champions league qualification.

I think we've currently got the playing personnel to have a legitimate expectation of a Uefa spot (meaning if we havent secured Uefa qualification by the end of the season, we should still be in a position whereby we're at least competing for it by the final day). You will note that this merely puts you in the same bracket as the Readings Evertons etc.

That said, given the calibre of management, I didnt actually think we would qualify for the Uefa cup even at the start of the season.

Residually therefore, had all of the management factors that were present in the close season remained constant until the end of the season, as it turns out they have, (that is to say, no change of manager) then I would have settled for signs of improvement by the addition of playing personnel in areas which have been unaccountably weak or unbalanced for a number of years. Ie at least seek to address those issues.

The reality is we've not even done this and we're actually going backwards.

Just to be abundantly clear however, I didnt actually think we'd even achieve the last point and I anticipated that we'd end up going backwards under Roeder. Thats why it infuriates me people wanking off to the Chelsea result, or even regarding it as being worthy of note. Even by implication, by deciding that it's worth pulling people up on it who thought that we'd get stuffed by them. Jesus wept tbh.

So to summarise, thats why I feel like my life is ebbing away when I even hear us assessing Roedent's results and why I won't listen to his post match interviews.

Finally, to give the complete picture, I dont even blame Roeder. I blame Shepherd.

So where exactly do you think we should be aiming for then? 11th? or is that too high? :nufc:

I'll just deal with this bit as it basically covers everything else and will explain my position:

I think we've currently got the playing personnel to have a legitimate expectation of a Uefa spot (meaning if we havent secured Uefa qualification by the end of the season, we should still be in a position whereby we're at least competing for it by the final day). You will note that this merely puts you in the same bracket as the Readings Evertons etc.

That said, given the calibre of management, I didnt actually think we would qualify for the Uefa cup even at the start of the season.

Residually therefore, had all of the management factors that were present in the close season remained constant until the end of the season, as it turns out they have, (that is to say, no change of manager) then I would have settled for signs of improvement by the addition of playing personnel in areas which have been unaccountably weak or unbalanced for a number of years. Ie at least seek to address those issues.

Just to be abundantly clear however, I didnt actually think we'd even achieve the last point and I anticipated that we'd end up going backwards under Roeder. Thats why it infuriates me people wanking off to the Chelsea result, or even regarding it as being worthy of note. Even by implication, by deciding that it's worth pulling people up on it who thought that we'd get stuffed by them. Jesus wept tbh.

So to summarise, thats why I feel like my life is ebbing away when I even hear us assessing Roedent's results and why I won't listen to his post match interviews.

Finally, to give the complete picture, I dont even blame Roeder. I blame Shepherd.

Yep, spot on.

That wasn't what I was asking though.

Interesting.

Personally at the start of the season I'd have thought we could have scraped in (without injuries anyway), but still should be aiming for higher.

Do you really see us getting someone of Robson's caliber again though? I would hope we could, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

And even if we did, do we now have the money to re-build a squad like that (our squad, or first team, isn't as bad as some suggest, but we really lack depth, as well as creativity a lot of the time).

There's a big difference between "wanking off" and dismissing though. It would be cloud cookoo land to see us wining the Premiership presently, but equally thing aren't quite as doomtastic as often painted.

Yep there we agree 100% FFS is the problem, probably in and of himself, but certainly in the decisions he has taken. :lol: