Newcastle United Vs Chelsea: Official Match thread

Jimbo

Draw at home against Chelski. Big deal tbf.

:nufc:

I assume from that that you think it's a big achievement?

I think what I always thought, that it was possible.

I've just enjoying all the revisionism that's going on is all. :nufc:

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that people expected us to get beat, and then aren't all that impressed when we manage a draw? In which case you would do well to consider the context that the statement was made in - i.e. We're getting outplayed and beaten by the teams we need to/should be beating, and in that context achieving a result against Chelsea is no big deal.

Now who sounds like Albert Logic? :lol:

*Ahem* "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" is the "appropriate" response I think? :friends:

Aye fancy wanting someone to take a comment in the context it was written. I'm a veritable Dr. Spock.

Mr Spock, although you could be a Dr Spock who knows. :first:

Proving your Albert Logic credentials beyond all doubt there, pulling me up on Star Trek trivia. :razz:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just enjoying all the revisionism that's going on is all. :lol:

Has anyone ever doubted that it was possible? It didn't look likely, that's all.

Quite a few if you go back to the thread in question.

People voiced their expectations and a lot didn't expect positive results due to the current form. You might either call it realism or pessimism, depending on the perspective. But nobody said that it was impossible to ever get positive results again. As much as I am aware Nostradamus hasn't registered to the forum yet...

Edited by Isegrim

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that people expected us to get beat, and then aren't all that impressed when we manage a draw? In which case you would do well to consider the context that the statement was made in - i.e. We're getting outplayed and beaten by the teams we need to/should be beating, and in that context achieving a result against Chelsea is no big deal.

*Ahem* "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" is the "appropriate" response I think? :friends:

Aye fancy wanting someone to take a comment in the context it was written. I'm a veritable Dr. Spock.

Proving your Albert Logic credentials beyond all doubt there, pulling me up on Star Trek trivia. :razz:

Heh do you know who Dr Spock is?

Has anyone ever doubted that it was possible? It didn't look likely, that's all.

People voiced their expectations and a lot didn't expect positive results due to the current form. You might either call it realism or pessimism, depending on the perspective. But nobody said that it was impossible to ever get positive results again. As much as I am aware Nostradamus hasn't registered to the forum yet...

Again in the thread in question "pessimism" would be stretching it (we were "going" to be relegated, no question).

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :razz:

If finding out is going to mean reading another one of your posts, I'll stick with ignorance, cheers.

If finding out is going to mean reading another one of your posts, I'll stick with ignorance, cheers.

Stick with? Hehe it's all you got. :good:

Again in the thread in question "pessimism" would be stretching it (we were "going" to be relegated, no question).

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :razz:

People's very pessimistic expectations were wrong. Big deal. But if you honestly "knew" that points against Arsenal and Chelsea were foreseeable results, you should give yourself a pat on the back. You are not related to a gypsy fortune teller, aren't you?

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :nufc:

Nobody said we were going to get relegated, no question. Sensible people justifiably raised it as a concern. If you think it was impossible then you're an idiot tbqf.

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :nufc:

Nobody said we were going to get relegated, no question. Sensible people justifiably raised it as a concern. If you think it was impossible then you're an idiot tbqf.

Oooo is Renton now the board's bully? Or does Fop just bring out the worst in people with his cockknockery?

People's very pessimistic expectations were wrong. Big deal. But if you honestly "knew" that points against Arsenal and Chelsea were foreseeable results, you should give yourself a pat on the back. You are not related to a gypsy fortune teller, aren't you?

Again I thought we could (if the right team turned up), others said absolutely could not.

It doesn't take a gypsy to work that out, just someone to cut down on the hysteria and really consider things.

Of course if hysteria is your thing.

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :lol:

Nobody said we were going to get relegated, no question.

Hmm.... I think you should read back. Hysteria was rampant.

Sensible people justifiably raised it as a concern. If you think it was impossible then you're an idiot tbqf.

Again I think you should go back and read them, yes I don't think anyone said it was completely and utterly impossible we would pick up a point.

But my point of view was certainly in the minority, maybe unique here. :nufc:

Edited by Fop

We were still annoyingly poor when it came to passing the ball around .............

Very true, a lot of sloppy passes but a good performence never the less.

Dyer was a tad disappointing and perhaps Carroll should have come on a little earlier.

Bramble did surprising well and so did Carr, Taylor was more than canny.

I really expected we would lose but hey! this is Newcassel :lol:

Got to admit thats not the impression I got at the game. Dyer, yes his passing was sloppy but otherwise I thought we played some good fluid football.

And it pains me to say it but Carr was pushing for MoM :nufc:

I thought taylor and nobby were better. Carr fucked me off when he was practically 1 on 1 with cech and passed to chelsea instead.

Oooo is Renton now the board's bully? Or does Fop just bring out the worst in people with his cockknockery?

You still need more practice (and still reverting to form I see Gemmill - can't defeat the argument attack the person :lol:).

Again I thought we could (if the right team turned up), others said absolutely could not.

It doesn't take a gypsy to work that out, just someone to cut down on the hysteria and really consider things.

But none of it takes away from the backpedaling and pseudo justification now. :lol:

Sensible people justifiably raised it as a concern. If you think it was impossible then you're an idiot tbqf.

Again I think you should go back and read them, yes I don't think anyone said it was completely and utterly impossible we would pick up a point.

Iirc most people thought that a lot rested on the Sheffield United game. If we had lost that we would have been in trouble, do you agree? Do you think winning that game away was a dead cert?

As for yesterday, we stopped a below-par Chelsea from playing, that's all. We weren't likely to score if the match had been 200 hours long. If that's the future of how we play football, you can count me out.

Iirc most people thought that a lot rested on the Sheffield United game. If we had lost that we would have been in trouble, do you agree? Do you think winning that game away was a dead cert?

As for yesterday, we stopped a below-par Chelsea from playing, that's all. We weren't likely to score if the match had been 200 hours long. If that's the future of how we play football, you can count me out.

Agree 100%. Having said that I wouldnt even go to those lengths to support the (biggest no-brainer of an) argument (the world has ever seen). No point in isolating individual games-we're at the end of a season. Judge the team on that basis. Truly dismal.

Fop likes mediocrity and 'respectable' draws against the top teams. This makes up for all the underachievement. He's not alone though, theres a few of his ilk running the club.

Aye Sheffield was one of the games I thought we could win (although as always with Newcastle depending on what team turned up).

But relegation was never really an option, even though with all the hysteria, we were always going to pick up some points from our games left.

I'm not sure we've got much choice, I don't think we have the money to build a flair or truly attack minded team, and most of the people touted to replace Roeder would likely build an even more insipid negative minded team..... we might win more (or get more points anyway), but I'm not sure it'd exactly be Keegan or Robson days entertainment.

Fop's badinage is truly dismal.

Low standards to live up to tbh. :lol:

Nobody can accuse you of exceding expectations, I'll give you that much.

People have expectations of me to exceed? I'm flattered. :nufc:

Fop likes mediocrity and 'respectable' draws against the top teams. This makes up for all the underachievement. He's not alone though, theres a few of his ilk running the club.

Heh you can try to put completely false words into my mouth all you like, it still doesn't make your position any less nonsensical. :nufc:

(in fact I was nearly lynched earlier in the season for saying we should still be aiming to break into Champions League places, whether or not it is realistic - my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place)

Edited by Fop

We had more attempts than them tbh. Suggests we did more than just stop them playing. 2 Martins headers, a sibierski header, Dyer clean through and Carrol crossing rather than shooting were all good opportunities.

my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :nufc:

my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :lol:

Yet again true to form. :nufc:

(come on call me pooey pants, you KNOW you want to :razz:)

Edited by Fop

I think you're being very kind to yourself there tbh. I think being a desperately boring dickhead could be considered a "fault" too. :lol:

Yet again true to form. :nufc:

(come on call me pooey pants, you KNOW you want to :razz:)

I don't do requests, Albert.

Heh you can try to put completely false words into my mouth all you like, it still doesn't make your position any less nonsensical. :nufc:

(in fact I was nearly lynched earlier in the season for saying we should still be aiming to break into Champions League places, whether or not it is realistic - my only fault is being silly enough to not always going with the mob mentality and hysteria that tends to pervade this place)

If you think there's a 'mob mentality' on here (which I simply take to be your slightly over sensitive way of describing an identity of opinion that you don't happen to share) then you should try to see it in the context of the season. If you thought at the start of the season that we should be aiming for Champions League, then given where we stand at the end of it and the weight that you now ascribe to results like yesterdays then it's your position that's nonsensical. That must be clear to you.

My position is that yesterdays game means absolutely nothing in the context of a season of results like those against Wigan/Bolton/Portsmouth etc etc.