Not so much 1 elephant in the room

Another one!

No, it would only encourage you.

So you're backtracking on the whole 'you don't know' issue?

What do you know then ?

What are you on about?

Good answer. :D

No. That was a question.

No, I think you'll find you responded to my question with a further question, as usual.

Whereas you answered my question though...

So getting back to it, you are not willing to admit that you don't know that Allardyce's past actions will incur punishments on NUFC ?

And you can answer the original question and show me where I said I did know

So you don't know ?

No I don't know why you think I said I did when I didn't

So you still aren't willing to admit that you don't know.

I'm still waiting to be told where I said I did know

So you still won't admit it then ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one!

What do you know then ?

What are you on about?

No. That was a question.

No, I think you'll find you responded to my question with a further question, as usual.

So getting back to it, you are not willing to admit that you don't know that Allardyce's past actions will incur punishments on NUFC ?

So you don't know ?

The question is irrelevant

Another one!

What do you know then ?

What are you on about?

No. That was a question.

So you don't know ?

The question is irrelevant

is it ?

Ah, this old chestnut. Big Sam has conducted over 200 transfers in and out since becoming a manager, dealing with many agents, clubs, players and legal people across all four continents, yet despite all this, the best anyone can do is hint about bungs. Surely there is actually some cold hard evidence out there?

No there isn't. Now his son, maybe, but then he is an agent. Sam's a rich man, why on earth would he tarnish what has been a fine career to date and his entire future, just to earn a few extra quid on the side? Ask yourself that.

Stop fucking quoting each other!!!

Why ? :D

No quoting? Why not?

I don't know ?

I'll tell you what has happened with Big Sam and this bung carry on, the BBC on the back of Mike Newell's comments regarding bungs last year which reawakened the game to this issue, thought "lets expose football's conmen" while the iron is hot. And because Big Sam's son is an agent and the man himself has signed and sold tons of players, from various countries and clubs, they thought they'd find themselves an easy target. I'm in no doubt that all managers bend the rules a little to sign players, you just have to read the books of former managers and players, but I doubt very few actually take a bung on the back of a transfer, not in the modern game and not here in the UK where we don't take kindly to such a culture unlike other nations that have for years allowed such things to go on - I'm talking about Greece, Italy, Brazil, Spain even.

I think the whole George Graham thing put an end to even the notion of taking one here in the UK, at the top end of football anyway where the costs are just not worth taking the chance.

There's nothing wrong in questioning the value of SA's appointment.

I don't know what implications the Bung Inquiry would have on us but i'm sure our legal team would look at that and even question the Premier League/FA if there were any doubts.

For me, i'm happy enough if we get him. He's done enough at Bolton to deserve a chance at a bigger club imo.

Realistically we should be aiming for top 7 next year and i reckon he's capable.

I don't know what implications the Bung Inquiry would have on us but i'm sure our legal team would look at that and even question the Premier League/FA if there were any doubts.

For me, i'm happy enough if we get him. He's done enough at Bolton to deserve a chance at a bigger club imo.

Realistically we should be aiming for top 7 next year and i reckon he's capable.

Ahh but if we appoint Big Sam we'll be fined, £5m, have a 40 point deduction and be thrown into Guantanamo bay, SSH said so.

I'll tell you what has happened with Big Sam and this bung carry on, the BBC on the back of Mike Newell's comments regarding bungs last year which reawakened the game to this issue, thought "lets expose football's conmen" while the iron is hot. And because Big Sam's son is an agent and the man himself has signed and sold tons of players, from various countries and clubs, they thought they'd find themselves an easy target. I'm in no doubt that all managers bend the rules a little to sign players, you just have to read the books of former managers and players, but I doubt very few actually take a bung on the back of a transfer, not in the modern game and not here in the UK where we don't take kindly to such a culture unlike other nations that have for years allowed such things to go on - I'm talking about Greece, Italy, Brazil, Spain even.

I think the whole George Graham thing put an end to even the notion of taking one here in the UK, at the top end of football anyway where the costs are just not worth taking the chance.

So we're ignoring the whole, 3 separate agents claimed Allardyce likes a bung, thing?

17 transfers are still being investigated as a direct result of these claims.

I agree and I'd rather we looked around first instead of jumping head first into the most obvious choice but that's never going to happen here at Newcastle so I see little point in complaining about it myself. But some of the comments flying around that are questioning the value of appointing SA seem a tad shallow to me and ignorant, i.e. because they just don't like the man, or worse, because he's not Arsene Wenger.

I agree and I'd rather we looked around first instead of jumping head first into the most obvious choice but that's never going to happen here at Newcastle so I see little point in complaining about it myself. But some of the comments flying around that are questioning the value of appointing SA seem a tad shallow to me and ignorant, i.e. because they just don't like the man, or worse, because he's not Arsene Wenger.

He's no Ottmar

He's no Ottmar

He's no Glenn Roeder.

So we're ignoring the whole, 3 separate agents claimed Allardyce likes a bung, thing?

The irony, I wouldn't trust an agent as far as I could throw them, nor would I trust the BBC or any TV show having experienced at first hand the stunts they pull.

3 agents out of hundreds...

Notice you avoided the "now why would Big Sam risk his whole career, just to make a bit extra on the side, especially given that he is already a very rich man"? question...

He's no Ottmar

He's no Glenn Roeder.

He's no Sam Allardyce.

Not on his passport anyway

He's no Ottmar

He's no Glenn Roeder.

He's no Sam Allardyce.

and that is relevant because ?

The irony, I wouldn't trust an agent as far as I could throw them, nor would I trust the BBC or any TV show having experienced at first hand the stunts they pull.

3 agents out of hundreds...

Notice you avoided the "now why would Big Sam risk his whole career, just to make a bit extra on the side, especially given that he is already a very rich man"? question...

Are we talking about irony here?

He's no Ottmar

He's no Glenn Roeder.

He's no Sam Allardyce.

and that is relevant because ?

His real name is Clifford Alvarez. He is wanted by the Peruvian FA for a dodgy transfer involving a national team right back to a Premiership team.

He's no Ottmar

:D

I've wanted Big Sam here since Sir Bobby got the sack, or rather I'd have been happy with him as his replacement, and indeed Souness and even more so now. Was never Hitzfeld or no-one for me, even though it no doubt came over like that. :(

SSH, you're so full of shit you squeak. NUFC will never be responsible for anything that allegedly (very allegedly) happened at a manager's previous club. The only risks associated with Big Sam are those with any other manager - that he'll be shit, play ugly football, leave us in a shambles, etc.

Run along already. :D