Nobby doesnt want to go direct for Sam

JawD

Newcastle winger Nolberto Solano has urged Sam Allardyce not to employ his direct style of play at St James’ Park if he takes over as Glenn Roeder’s successor.

The former Bolton manager is expected to be unveiled as the new manager in the next few days despite the reservations of many Magpies fans who are uninspired by the brand of football Allardyce created at the Reebok Stadium.

And Solano shares their concerns. He told the Daily Star: “Sam Allardyce is a name that has gone around, although we don’t know anything officially.

“Whoever comes, we as employees have to be available to do what he wants us to do. Bolton have a very direct style of play and it’s one of the most criticised systems in the Premier League.

“Allardyce did good things there, but I don’t think that the Bolton style would suit here.

“If he comes, I think he should change the style in order to suit the current Newcastle players.

“The fans deserve to see better football than what they’ve seen at St James’ Park this year.”

I noticed this in Nolan's BBC blog thing:

Weirdest thing said or happened in half-time team-talk?

Not that much happens at half-time that would fall into this category. There is a real focus during the break as the manager works through his points on a tactics board.

Never mind the style of football so much, we could do with a bit (lot) of that I think.

Not that much happens at half-time that would fall into this category. There is a real focus during the break as the manager works through his points on a tactics board.

Never mind the style of football so much, we could do with a bit (lot) of that I think.

...and not some nutter referring to himself in the third person. :lol:

I think Nobby's talking shite tbh.

Bolton's style of football has been better than ours for a few years now, they also have some technically good footballers like Anelka, Diouf, Speed, Campo and Stelios.

They play long balls like Chelsea do, up to the big man up top who can hold the ball up while waiting for support, I can't see any problem with it as long as it's effective.

I think Nobby's talking shite tbh.

Bolton's style of football has been better than ours for a few years now, they also have some technically good footballers like Anelka, Diouf, Speed, Campo and Stelios.

They play long balls like Chelsea do, up to the big man up top who can hold the ball up while waiting for support, I can't see any problem with it as long as it's effective.

Aye.

Would be a good coach/scout for us.

...and not some nutter referring to himself in the third person. :lol:

"Glen Roeder is unhappy about your performances. Glen Roeder won't mention some of you wouldn't play if we hadn't have those injuries, because Glen Roeder never mention injuries. You should go back on the pitch and fight, because that is what Glen Roeder always did. Now Glen Roeder would like to be as intelligent as Arsene Wenger so try to imagine what Arsene Wenger would say to you know. That's what I would like to say, but can't as I am not clever enough. Have I yet mentioned how I fought the brain tumour?"

...and not some nutter referring to himself in the third person. ;)

"Glen Roeder is unhappy about your performances. Glen Roeder won't mention some of you wouldn't play if we hadn't have those injuries, because Glen Roeder never mention injuries. You should go back on the pitch and fight, because that is what Glen Roeder always did. Now Glen Roeder would like to be as intelligent as Arsene Wenger so try to imagine what Arsene Wenger would say to you know. That's what I would like to say, but can't as I am not clever enough. Have I yet mentioned how I fought the brain tumour?"

:lol:

I'm getting confused in my old age.

What does the style of football matter???? All I've been told for the past few years is that the only thing that matters is results - nothing more!! Why not get Lawrie Sanchez to get his formula for football in, a la Norn Iron?? After all, it's results that matter!!!

Double standards from a lot of folk, I reckon, over Allardyce's 'brand' of football !

What does the style of football matter???? All I've been told for the past few years is that the only thing that matters is results - nothing more!! Why not get Lawrie Sanchez to get his formula for football in, a la Norn Iron?? After all, it's results that matter!!!

Double standards from a lot of folk, I reckon, over Allardyce's 'brand' of football !

All this is such a red herring...Chelsea and Liverpool have bouts of long ball every match.

It's the KK hangover that has never got out of peoples heads how we should play.

All this is such a red herring...Chelsea and Liverpool have bouts of long ball every match.

We've been doing it for years! Hoof it up to Shearer/Martins and hope for the best! The trouble with the last couple of years is that The Premiership has been infested with journeyman/enthusiastic/thugs (particularly in midfield) and we haven't been able to cope.

Well I suspect most everyone would like to win with exciting, flowing, attacking football.

But I also suspect that most people would like to win, no matter the style that gets it.

(frankly I've seen some torrid stuff from the likes of Liverpool in the last few years, but it's served them well enough in the end)