Bernard signing

East Stander

The signing of Bernard, however, proved to be a disaster. The Frenchman, who left the club in acrimonious circumstances in 2005 when he refused to accept a contract extension, was brought back to the club after the close of the August transfer window because he was a free agent following his release by Glasgow Rangers.

But the full-back did not play a first-team game with some suggesting Roeder had not wanted to sign the player in the first place.

Copied from today's Journal, another example of the influence/meddling in team affairs from fatty and his son?

Guest alex

Wasn't Roeder the one that allegedly tapped him up for wist am?

Roeder was manager when he all but signed for them, aye.

it's a shame like, I thought he had all the makings of a very decent left back. I remember him bemoaning bad advice when he left us and getting the wrong fitness advice at Rangers too...

You have to wonder how he would have turned out under different circumstances.

I can't really understand what happened to him that he couldn't be brought back in 9+ months to something better than what we have at LB (which was for much of this season effectively nothing).

Guest alex

I can't really understand what happened to him that he couldn't be brought back in 9+ months to something better than what we have at LB (which was for much of this season effectively nothing).

Rumour is his favourite film is 'White Christmas'. I have no idea how true that is but it would explain a lot.

Rumour is his favourite film is 'White Christmas'. I have no idea how true that is but it would explain a lot.

Is this a drugs reference or are you implying he takes it up the hoop? I'm a bit slow today.

Are you really that suprised? Cant really say the backroom staff efficency was 100% at the club

Are you really that suprised? Cant really say the backroom staff efficency was 100% at the club

Yes, can't have anything to do with the fact he arrived back at a club he left thinking he could do better, ending up at 2 shit clubs, while getting fat and shit. Definitely the backroom staff.

Guest alex

Is this a drugs reference or are you implying he takes it up the hoop? I'm a bit slow today.

The former :D

Guest alex

Yes, can't have anything to do with the fact he arrived back at a club he left thinking he could do better, ending up at 2 shit clubs, while getting fat and shit. Definitely the backroom staff.

Lost weight actually. I agree it's probably his fault though.

he shouldn't have lost weight, with it went his strength on the ball imo

of course this is pointless if it is true that he wnjoys that song by Mellie Mel and Grandmaster Flash, then his weight loss is probably less to do with dieting and more to do with dancing like an incontinent ferret