Chelsea sign Pizarro

Jimbo

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of Peruvian Claudio Pizarro from Bayern Munich on a free transfer.

Hes alright but they already have better. Chelsea are starting to feel the pinch haha. Ambramovic has grown sick and hes told the club they have to become self sufficient and they arent getting any money this summer. Man U on the other hand splash £50mil on a cracking CM and 2 of the worlds best youngsters.

If Arsenal and Liverpool fail to strengthen considerably i can see anywhere from 2nd place down in the league being up for grabs!

Hes alright but they already have better. Chelsea are starting to feel the pinch haha. Ambramovic has grown sick and hes told the club they have to become self sufficient and they arent getting any money this summer. Man U on the other hand splash £50mil on a cracking CM and 2 of the worlds best youngsters.

If Arsenal and Liverpool fail to strengthen considerably i can see anywhere from 2nd place down in the league being up for grabs!

Roman Abramovich has rubbished suggestions he has decided to curb his spending on players at Chelsea.

Billionaire Russian businessman Abramovich bought The Blues in 2003 and his financial muscle enabled Chelsea to scoop the Premiership crown in 2005 and 2006.

He dipped into the kitty last summer in order to sign Andrei Shevchenko, but his chequebook remained shut during the January transfer window at a time when Jose Mourinho was in dire need of defensive reinforcements.

Chelsea were pipped to the Premiership crown by Manchester United and recent reports claimed Abramovich had informed his board that they would have to manage without his backing in the transfer market.

This, though, has been dismissed by Abramovich who claims it will be business as usual at Stamford Bridge this summer.

"This is absolute nonsense," he told Ekho Moskvy radio station on the prospect of no longer spending in the transfer market

"Everything will remain the same. My relationship with Chelsea has not changed and I wouldn't want to change anything."

He's a good player and will give them another option as he is something between a crossing of Berbatov and Drogba. A playing striker with a good eye for goals. He also will fill the gap if Drogba plays at the Africa Nations Cup.

He's a good player and will give them another option as he is something between a crossing of Berbatov and Drogba. A playing striker with a good eye for goals. He also will fill the gap if Drogba plays at the Africa Nations Cup.

I have to admit I don't really rate him based on several seasons of watching him. He's good, yes, but I'm not sure he's hard enough (or outrageously talented enough) to make it in the UK. Time will tell, I suppose...

I have to admit I don't really rate him based on several seasons of watching him. He's good, yes, but I'm not sure he's hard enough (or outrageously talented enough) to make it in the UK. Time will tell, I suppose...

Hmm, I don't think that a lack of talent is his problem. Rather being quickly complacent. I also don't consider him being that kind of soft not to adapt to a more physical approach to the game. Having to prove himself in a bigger squad might bring the best more often out of him. But as you say, time will tell.

No wonder Bayern were content for Pizarro to go, they've signed Luca Toni from Fiorentina, quality striker !