So Solano who is it gonna be?!

nufc1984

NEWCASTLE!!! BECAUSE LIVERPOOL IS FULL OF DOLE DOSSSERS!

Solano shunned Reds!

Nolberto Solano has confirmed he shunned a last-ditch bid from Liverpool in order to return to Newcastle United.

The Peruvian winger completed his move back to St James' Park from Aston Villa around an hour before the close of the transfer window on Wednesday.

But prior to signing for The Magpies, Solano had the chance to link up with Liverpool, who had spent the past few weeks on his trail.

The European champions were desperate to bring in a right-sided midfielder and rekindled their interest in Solano after their swoop for Simao Sabrosa fell through.

Solano acknowledged there was a late offer to go to Anfield but he never wavered from his decision to rejoin Newcastle.

The 30-year-old was a fans' favourite during his first spell in the North East and he concedes he could not resist the chance to sign a two-year contract.

"I'd already given the Newcastle people my word but I was never going to turn down the chance to go back there, even for a great club like Liverpool," said Solano.

"Newcastle is the club I have always loved. It has a place in my heart and it's a great feeling to be back. It's as if I was never away.

"I was watching the Michael Owen signing and heard what the fans were singing about me.

"That was a very special moment for me but they must understand I love them, too."

:unsure:

The man is a legend. He's a great attitude to have at the club, an adopted Geordie son akin to Pav, who loves the toon, and wears the shirt with pride.

0102782734733008my.jpg

That is one happy peruvian trumpet player :unsure:

I say we give him a wage bonus of unlimited marmalade sandwiches.

Edited by BlueStar

The man is a legend.  He's a great attitude to have at the club, an adopted Geordie son akin to Pav, who loves the toon, and wears the shirt with pride.

0102782734733008my.jpg

That is one happy peruvian trumpet player :o

26961[/snapback]

:unsure: lucky sod!

The man is a legend.  He's a great attitude to have at the club, an adopted Geordie son akin to Pav, who loves the toon, and wears the shirt with pride.

0102782734733008my.jpg

That is one happy peruvian trumpet player :unsure:

26961[/snapback]

Apparently he only joined us after Graeme Souness found him alone at a station in London with nothing but a battered old suitcase and a label attached to him saying 'Please look after this bear'.

0102782734733008my.jpg

26961[/snapback]

Apparently he only joined us after Graeme Souness found him alone at a station in London with nothing but a battered old suitcase and a label attached to him saying 'Please look after this bear'.

26965[/snapback]

Awwwww...... :unsure:

I don't think I've ever seen any of our players looking that proud to be standing there in a toon top - it's class. :D

0102782734733008my.jpg

26961[/snapback]

26965[/snapback]

I don't think I've ever seen any of our players looking that proud to be standing there in a toon top - it's class. :D

26971[/snapback]

He looks as happy as Eddie Murphy in "coming to america" when he's cleaning the floors in McDowells :)

I want Nobbys babies.

Although I understand someone else local beat me to it...  :unsure:

26974[/snapback]

A mate of mine had one of his mates come up and say that Nobby would like to buy her a drink, and to come over and meet him but she politely declined.

Coincidently she ended up at a peru friendly about a month later when someone she knew got her tickets and was worried he'd see her in the crowd and think she'd become a groupie :o

0102782734733008my.jpg

26961[/snapback]

26965[/snapback]

26971[/snapback]

He looks as happy as Eddie Murphy in "coming to america" when he's cleaning the floors in McDowells :)

26975[/snapback]

You can see he's knackered, but the pride in him is there for all to see.

Welcome home Nobmeister.

The bloke is a complete star, and none of this suprises you about him, just such a shame he was kicked out by Bobby in the first place.

26990[/snapback]

Without wishing to name drop my Dad knows somebody who works at the club and he has come into contact with Nobby on a few occasions. Apparently he's a lovely a bloke like.

The bloke is a complete star, and none of this suprises you about him, just such a shame he was kicked out by Bobby in the first place.

26990[/snapback]

Without wishing to name drop my Dad knows somebody who works at the club and he has come into contact with Nobby on a few occasions. Apparently he's a lovely a bloke like.

27003[/snapback]

I can vouchsafe this is true. My cousin works at whatever the cooperage is called now and he was at her birthday. He danced with her Gran. Just a lovely bloke.