Dyer on Nobby/Owen

Barney

I haven't read the stuff about Nobby and his girlfriend as the whole obsession thic society has with famour peoples private life is beyond a joke so i don't know all the ins and outs (as it were!).

But, you can't make a grown woman have an abortion, you can ask, you can say you won't stay with her or similar but you cannot make an adult choose to abort a baby, they have to do that themselves, so for all i know he made clear what he'd prefer.

As i say i didn't read the article so i don't know all the details.

27669[/snapback]

I did read it because... well, I couldn't not read it. The alleged reason for him wanting the kid aborted was that he's "a Roman Catholic, and therefore can't allow it to be born out of wedlock" - Superb logic!

How long ago did this happen? I really have no recollection of hearing this story until we re-signed him the other day and people started talking about it. Where was the article?

I did read it because... well, I couldn't not read it. The alleged reason for him wanting the kid aborted was that he's "a Roman Catholic, and therefore can't allow it to be born out of wedlock" - Superb logic!

27837[/snapback]

That just doesn't sound plausible. Aborting a child is one of the huuuuuge no-no's in the Catholic faith. Far worse than having a child out of wedlock I would say.

27837[/snapback]

That just doesn't sound plausible. Aborting a child is one of the huuuuuge no-no's in the Catholic faith. Far worse than having a child out of wedlock I would say.

27839[/snapback]

Quite right, which is why either the woman is an utterly nasty liar, or Nobby is a psychopath. For the time being, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt :razz:

I had a quick scan over the story and to be fair it was just one side. Namely the woman's side. Bearing in mind she sold her story to a Sunday red top detailing her sex life. It could be true. But I'm more inclined to say that only parts of it are.

"It's funny, but just the other day I was on the phone to Craig Bellamy and we were talking about how good Nobby used to be in the changing room," added Kieron.

Well, there's another player who'll never play for us again, even if he wasn't injured all the time.

You stupid boy

I had a quick scan over the story and to be fair it was just one side. Namely the woman's side. Bearing in mind she sold her story to a Sunday red top detailing her sex life. It could be true. But I'm more inclined to say that only parts of it are.

27848[/snapback]

paste the text message he's meant to have sent her in broken english, worth it for comedy value alone

27848[/snapback]

Probably only the part that says "I met Solano in a bar".

27848[/snapback]

Probably only the part that says "I met Solano in a bar".

28668[/snapback]

The paper probably twisted that and it was a pub!