Chopsticks

Renton

Am I now the only person who can't get to grip with these things, quite literally? After 15 years of trying, I'm about ready to give up. Trouble is increasingly you're seen as some type of culinary retard if you're not proficient with them. For instance, I was going to give 'Yo Sushi' a go (the new conveyor belt Sushi bar in Fenwick - we have arrived people), but my shame in asking for a fork stops me. :lol:

What I find ironic is the type of food you're supposed to eat with them - slippery fish, little strips of chicken, and rice ffs! I mean rice! If they were designed for chips I might stand a chance but as it stands I'm like that scene from Kill Bill 2 with Uma Thurman.

I've noticed Oriental people tend to use a bowl which they hold near their chops (pun intended) and then proceed to shovel the stuff in. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

Not great with them... but will always insist on using them when eating chinese takeaway. It's part of the whole experience :lol:

Plus when there's only rice left, the shoveling is a standard move.

I'm fairly proficient with them, but then I am a cut above you lot really. I reckon we should do the summer pissup at Hanahana and call for complete silence when Renton has to ask for his fork. :lol:

Had lunch at Fujiyama recently and they have special chopsticks for retards where they've wrapped a load of elastic around one end so they just work like tweezers.

I've noticed Oriental people tend to use a bowl which they hold near their chops (pun intended) and then proceed to shovel the stuff in. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

:lol:

The well-travelled cultural observations of a young(ish) Alan Whicker, there.

Spotted in Singapore, Thailand, Stowell Street :rolleyes:

I wonder if these oriental gentlemen were westernised? :rolleyes:

Gemmill just can't help himself.

I wonder if these oriental gentlemen were westernised? :rolleyes:

Gemmill just can't help himself.

I'd be worried going to Hanahana with him like for fear of him having a Michael Douglas 'Falling Down' episode.

Thats just it. Chinees cant really use em either. So they hold the bowl right under their chin while laughing at us lot trying to pick up a mushroom and carry it 14" to our gob :lol:

I manage like, just.

Am I going to get a pm soon asking me to delete this thread like last time? :rolleyes:

I believe that thread might exist somewhere. :lol:

Watching MancMag squirm was hilarious, I suggest you reinstate it. :rolleyes:

I can use them, but I do it the traditional way, bowl under chin and shovel. That's under instruction from my Dads interpreter when she came over so I don't care if you Gweilo haven't mastered the art