Bellamy & Robert

Alan Shearer Is God

We have replaced Bellamy with Michael Owen and Robert with Albert Luque.

Acceptable or not? :unsure:

27408[/snapback]

maybe, maybe not.

If you think Owen has replaced Bellamy, we have spent 26m quid to replace him and Robert, which could have been spent replacing Shearer.

So where exactly, do you think we are going to get the money now to replace Shearer, now that Souness has forced these funds to be used elsewhere ?

Truth is, Owen Shearer and Bellamy should all be at the toon, with Owen through the door as Shearers replacement, him and Bellamy being long term top class forwards for Newcastle for the next 4 years or so.

The best situation woud be to have all four, two challenging each other on the left to get the very bets from each and see who deserves to play there and the prospect of Bellamy and Owen together rippign defences to shreds.

Great signign in Owen and hopefully great signing in Luque too, but i would love to have seen all four here.

The best situation woud be to have all four, two challenging each other on the left to get the very bets from each and see who deserves to play there and the prospect of Bellamy and Owen together rippign defences to shreds.

Great signign in Owen and hopefully great signing in Luque too, but i would love to have seen all four here.

27420[/snapback]

Don't get too greedy now..

Bellamy and Owen wouln't have worked though in my opinion need at least one physical striker in the english league these days, Bellamy might think he is but isn't.

Thinking about the thread and the first post, it never ceases to amaze me how so many people think we just have a bottomless pit of money, and so don't seem to realise you need to plan how to spend it best

27420[/snapback]

Bellamy and Owen wouln't have worked though in my opinion need at least one physical striker in the english league these days, Bellamy might think he is but isn't.

27422[/snapback]

Why not ? Cole and Yorke did. Good players work at adapting. You don't need a physical presence, just an ability to hold or accept the ball. Owen and Bellamy would have scared defences to death, other teams would need 3 defenders back permanently, we would have the ability to push them back instantly at any time when we got possession.

27420[/snapback]

27422[/snapback]

Strike partnershops are great when they click, but two unplayable attackers like them would be devastating whether they clicked or not. With all that pace and movement they would pull defences all over the place and Bellamy's finishing was improving and Owens, well we all know about his finishing!

You only need a big physical striker if you're intending on punting the ball up at him alot of the time, we shouldn't be doing that often, merely as a bit of a chage now and then to keep the opposition on their toes.

I which bit of my post did I write "We have a bottomless pit of money"?

27426[/snapback]

It's far too early to say it's acceptable [although I know the phrase you use is a blatant piss take of another poster who is a long term genuine but realistic supporter] however, for the amount of money it will have to be successful, or it isn't acceptable at all.

Even if it is, see the other posts, this money could and should have been used to bring in Owen as Shearers replacement. As it is now, next summer will need another megabucks buy to replace Shearer, or Bellamy - take your pick, but a partner for Owen anyway.

so he says ..........

27434[/snapback]

Bellamy's attitude was enough for me to be glad to see the back of him.

Owen's twice the player Bellamy is with about a tenth of the baggage.

In isolation, a bad attitude doesn't appear to do much harm, but the knock on effect of poor discipline on borderline players is huge.

I think Ameobi and Chopra will benefit hugely from having Owen around.

I'm pleased.

Robert - Don't get me wrong he was a character and you can't question his assist records. But I was pleased when he went. He constantly left our left side open for the opposition, most games he didn't even look interested. The only thing that kept him in the fans good books was the odd wonder goal. If he wasn't scoring those free kicks and didn't have those moments of magic I'm sure people would have wanted him gone.

Luque - Haven't seen him play much. From the highlights from the Man Utd game he had some good touches. I reserve judgement for further games.

Bellamy. Way over rated in my mind. He had pace which looked extra good around an ageing Shearer, granted we need pace. I wouldn't like to rely on him for goals, his finishing improved last season but he doesn't do it for me. And he was a gobby little shit that liked the headlines.

Owen - Have I really got to say. He's 10x the player Bellamy is. You can't question his scoring record and he's got a pro attitude, something this club needs after last season. £16m - he's worth it.

They'd better be for the extra outlay.

Don't know how you can compare seeing as though the prices were so different. Their improved ability shouldn't be in doubt due to the money it cost to replace the 2 outgoing players.

so he says ..........

27434[/snapback]

In isolation, a bad attitude doesn't appear to do much harm, but the knock on effect of poor discipline on borderline players is huge.

27454[/snapback]

by your own admittance - somewhere - you haven't seen too much of Bellamy.

If you had, you would realise the only, and only, influence he had on that club and his team mates, was to be the player with the most desire and will to win, week in week out, where and when it mattered.

Obviously you are one of those who has at least made the money spent on employing Terry McDermott worthwhile, you believe the shit that Souness and his cronies have spinned to get him off the hook for assaulting a member of his staff.

so he says ..........

27434[/snapback]

27454[/snapback]

If you had, you would realise the only, and only, influence he had on that club and his team mates, was to be the player with the most desire and will to win, week in week out, where and when it mattered.

Obviously you are one of those who has at least made the money spent on employing Terry McDermott worthwhile, you believe the shit that Souness and his cronies have spinned to get him off the hook for assaulting a member of his staff.

27624[/snapback]

I read Bobby's biography yesterday and it had a big impact on my opinion about several people. You would expect it to work in his favour but it was quite the opposite. He comes across as a man who never made a mistake in his life and had the social nouse of a small child. He's very bitter, very often justifiably but it clouds his judgement in a hugely detrimental way. On the Bellamy issue I felt he was a big problem at the club off the pitch, weighed up with being as you rightly pointed out our most important player on it by a country mile. The question really is if we have replaced his impact on the field without his attitude off it. If we've done that then it's worth the 10 million odd, especially if you consider his impact on our profile.

so he says ..........

27434[/snapback]

27454[/snapback]

27624[/snapback]

I read Bobby's biography yesterday and it had a big impact on my opinion about several people. You would expect it to work in his favour but it was quite the opposite. He comes across as a man who never made a mistake in his life and had the social nouse of a small child. He's very bitter, very often justifiably but it clouds his judgement in a hugely detrimental way. On the Bellamy issue I felt he was a big problem at the club off the pitch, weighed up with being as you rightly pointed out our most important player on it by a country mile. The question really is if we have replaced his impact on the field without his attitude off it. If we've done that then it's worth the 10 million odd, especially if you consider his impact on our profile.

27631[/snapback]

From a playing point of view, which IMO is all that matters anyway, Bellamy Owen and Shearer should all be at the club.

From the view of those who now say Bellamy is/was a disruptive influence, despite all the evidence that it is the manager who is the disruptive everywhere he goes not Bellamy, did you say the club was better off without Bellamy when Bobby Robson was manager, and Bellamy was playing so well for the club ? If not, you have absolutely no case and no point, the only thing you are all doing is gullibly feeding the clubs propaganda machine and/or believing Souness' spin and lies.

extremely delighted about Robert.... although i still begrudge the fact Bellers isn't able to play with Owen

27412[/snapback]

Both the same type of player though...

Owen has been touted as Shearer's replacement but I only agree with this in terms of status, they're different types of player and will (hopefully) compliment each other. Owen is a direct replacement for Bellamy and I doubt we could have picked a better candidate... Better player AND much better temperament..

Luque for Robert? Dunno yet as I haven't seen much of Luque, time will tell. I was impressed with his work-rate against Man Utd but that is only one game....

Agree with DotBum, ask us about that one again in about 6 games time.

Here's a couple more for you though, how about:

Solano for Ambrose?

Parker for Butt?

Emre for Milner?

:unsure:

From a playing point of view, which IMO is all that matters anyway, Bellamy Owen and Shearer should all be at the club.

From the view of those who now say Bellamy is/was a disruptive influence, despite all the evidence that it is the manager who is the disruptive everywhere he goes not Bellamy, did you say the club was better off without Bellamy when Bobby Robson was manager, and Bellamy was playing so well for the club ? If not, you have absolutely no case and no point, the only thing you are all doing is gullibly feeding the clubs propaganda machine and/or believing Souness' spin and lies.

27646[/snapback]

Hang on, so if I form an opinion about Bellamy's effect on the other players that makes me gullible? That's the only option? Why don't we stick to the facts of the argument and keep from insulting each other.

Robson has in his book a habit of toning down to the extreme any negative truths that could be used against him in an argument, that surprised and upset me, I still thank him for what he did for us but he has gone down in my estimation.

He states that Bellamy was a horrible personality, speaking out of turn to other players, saying things he shouldn't have said.

You won't get much argument out of me on Souness' faults, I think the man's a pretty fucked up individual. But leaving him aside for a minute there was a problem at our club before he arrived. I want to know what that was and I'm still searching for answers, one of the reasons I read Bobby's book. The players were not playing for him towards the end.

What if there was a serious divide in the dressing room, what if there was one side taking the mick out of Robson behind his back, because I reckon he was easy pickings, and another side against this kind of behavior. If removing one player could clear up that situation it would be worthwhile.

I agree Souness and his cronies did a hatchet job on Bellamy, a bloody good one by the looks of things. But what if it was justifiable to remove Bellamy, doesn't make Souness right but we could still be better off without Bellamy at the club.

I don't see why it has to be so black & white - either you're on Bellamy's side or Souness' side. Maybe they're both shites and we're better off without them both?

About on pitch/off pitch. It's all well to say all that matters is on the pitch but I can't agree. If we attract a better class of player next season because of Owen that has an impact, if we make more sales, increase our market internationally, that allows us to buy better players and they play better where it counts, on the pitch.