Arsenal announce Henry departure

Jimbo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if wenger is letting him go at the right time. he usually gets it spot on.

They've struggled since Vieira left imo.

i wonder if wenger is letting him go at the right time. he usually gets it spot on.

champions league final last season was a decent effort to be fair.

Season before you mean? :huh: They've gone significantly downhill and haven't replaced him and they lost that final anyway, so the run was ultimately fruitless. Do you reckon they're better without him like?

trouble with the way arsenal played using viera is he did the lot in midfield, defensive and offensive, with a holding player alongside him. they run the lad into the ground to be fair.

fabregas is a better attacking midfielder through the middle, but doesn't really contribute a great deal defensively.

as for the thing about viera not being past it, when arsenal played juve he was absolutely overwhelmed in midfield. at inter he has cambiasso protecting him rather better...

it's a tragedy he's left the Premier League to be honest.

Who are the commentators going to sneeze their collective cock snot over now he's departed?

never forget Henry's back heel against the mackems getting an incredible amount of coverage and obeisance, and yet Dyer's back heel against Olympiakos was congratulated.. sure, but hardly to the same degree.

Season before you mean? :huh: They've gone significantly downhill and haven't replaced him and they lost that final anyway, so the run was ultimately fruitless. Do you reckon they're better without him like?

well they've gone downhill a bit the last couple of seasons but i'm not sure it's directly linked to vieria's depature. he wasn't nearly as influential towards the end of his arsenal career and i think wenger might have got rid of him at the right time. fabregas looks like he could go on to have as big an influence as vieria did.

arsenal's problem isn't wenger's judgement of when a player is past his sell by date but i do think their hands are tied slighty by the financing of the new stadium. the sale of the new luxury apartments on highbury should help in that respect.

My, what a radical and unique opinion. Don't know how anyone hasn't thought that before.

Shearer's Premiership record looking safe for a good few years now Henry has gone

topscorersju1.jpg

it's only really Owen that's anywhere near to being likely to catching him.

well they've gone downhill a bit the last couple of seasons but i'm not sure it's directly linked to vieria's depature. he wasn't nearly as influential towards the end of his arsenal career and i think wenger might have got rid of him at the right time. fabregas looks like he could go on to have as big an influence as vieria did.

arsenal's problem isn't wenger's judgement of when a player is past his sell by date but i do think their hands are tied slighty by the financing of the new stadium. the sale of the new luxury apartments on highbury should help in that respect.

Yeah, you're probably right.

My, what a radical and unique opinion. Don't know how anyone hasn't thought that before.

Not obsessed much are we? :huh:

Nah, just easy to pull apart clichéd opinions.

Easier than offering your own anyway. That is your trademark though.

Yeah, because I never offer an opinion on anything eh?

Seriously, do you even read what you type before you post?

Nah, just easy to pull apart clichéd opinions.

Easier than offering your own anyway. That is your trademark though.

Yeah, because I never offer an opinion on anything eh?

Seriously, do you even read what you type before you post?

Not more hypocrisy :huh:

Where's that default comeback code?

Ah, here it is:

<Insert word (Hypocrisy/Irony) + cringeworthy smiley>

That should do it.

Snore.

Generic reply merely backs up my second question tbh

Where's that default comeback code?

Ah, here it is:

<Insert word (Hypocrisy/Irony) + cringeworthy smiley>

That should do it.

Snore.