Hangeland happy at FCK

bawan

Brede Hangeland is willing to stay at FC Copenhagen, if the Danish club receive no suitable offers.

The defender has been linked with Newcastle United, having missed out on a move to West Ham United in January.

Hangeland has admitted to being tempted by the prospect of a switch to St James' Park, while reports have claimed Aston Villa and Manchester City have also expressed an interest.

Copenhagen recently revealed no bids had been lodged for the Norway international, who only joined from Viking Stavanger last year.

But while Hangeland would be keen to join a top club, his agent Jim Solbakken concedes the stopper has no qualms in staying with his current team.

"In case the right offer comes, Brede might move," Solbakken told VG.

"If it doesn't, he will stay at FC Copenhagen, where he is happy under the reign of Stale Solbakken."

wonder if he is worth going for

Would be very difficult to say. Had a good season in the danish premiership, but not alot of players from the danish premiership have gone and gotten big succes in the Premier League. Daniel Agger must have been the only on in years. I think he'll be to expensive, and priced around 3 mill £ since FCK doesn't need to sell him. I'd look elsewhere. Much to uncertain if he'll be a succes

wonder if he is worth going for

Would be very difficult to say. Had a good season in the danish premiership, but not alot of players from the danish premiership have gone and gotten big succes in the Premier League. Daniel Agger must have been the only on in years. I think he'll be to expensive, and priced around 3 mill £ since FCK doesn't need to sell him. I'd look elsewhere. Much to uncertain if he'll be a succes

i see what you mean the danish league isn't really the highest level of football

• 2 weeks later...
Skysports.com understands Newcastle United are chasing Norwegian defender Brede Hangeland.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce is actively scouring the transfer market for defensive reinforcements and he is pondering a move for FC Copenhagen central defender Hangeland.

Hangeland has attracted the interest of a host of clubs after impressing for club and country over the last few seasons.

The 26-year-old is believed to be interested in a move to England as he looks to play in a bigger European league.

Copenhagen are reluctant to lose the giant defender, but they are unlikely to be able to resist a big-money offer for Hangeland.

The player's agent Jim Solbakken admitted Newcastle were one of several clubs tracking Hangeland.

"There is a lot of interest in Brede," Solbakken told skysports.com.

"Yes Newcastle are one of several clubs interested.

"Brede would definitely like to play in such a competition as the Premier League, but it depends on Copenhagen.

"If they receive the right offer and the right club comes in for Brede maybe he could leave.

"We will wait and see what happens."

would be a gamble but sounds like the sort of player big sam turned into a success at bolton so you never know. not too many people had head of ben haim either

The lad further up the page was quoting £3m. If he's any good that's nowt for a decent defender. We shouldn't have any problem convincing him to come here either as I imagine the money in the Premiership pisses all over whatever he gets in Denmark.

Anyone know anything about him (outside of his FM stats)?

Without a doubt on of the best defenders in the danish premiership. Cracking header, and seems to be able to play the ball also, and he can play in midfield also. He've had an outstanding season with FCK, where they won the league. He've played 33 international games for Norway.

He's a good player, but if he can have succes in the Premier league is uncertain, and instant succes is very unlikely. He is big, strong, good tackler and good header, but the Danish premiership is one thing. Not alot of players have come from the danish premiership and gotten instant succes in England. Daniel Agger is the only one in ages.

He could be a good player, but an instant strengthening of the squad he is not.

Also - it is very unlikely that FCK will let him go for anything less than 3 mill. £. They're about to enter the CL qualification, and the need him. So unless there are big bucks in for him, he's staying.

Michael Gravgaard didn't go to West Ham last season, and they had an 3 mill offer in for him

Without a doubt on of the best defenders in the danish premiership. Cracking header, and seems to be able to play the ball also, and he can play in midfield also. He've had an outstanding season with FCK, where they won the league. He've played 33 international games for Norway.

He's a good player, but if he can have succes in the Premier league is uncertain, and instant succes is very unlikely. He is big, strong, good tackler and good header, but the Danish premiership is one thing. Not alot of players have come from the danish premiership and gotten instant succes in England. Daniel Agger is the only one in ages.

He could be a good player, but an instant strengthening of the squad he is not.

Also - it is very unlikely that FCK will let him go for anything less than 3 mill. £. They're about to enter the CL qualification, and the need him. So unless there are big bucks in for him, he's staying.

Michael Gravgaard didn't go to West Ham last season, and they had an 3 mill offer in for him

I don't think a price tag of £3m would be a problem mate. When you see players like Chopra going for £5m, £3m for a Danish international centre half sounds like nowt. Like you say there's a big question mark over whether he can make it in the Premiership, but if Allardyce thinks he can get him playing to Premiership standard, then I don't think that sort of price would be an issue at all.

Cheers for the info by the way.

The lad further up the page was quoting £3m. If he's any good that's nowt for a decent defender. We shouldn't have any problem convincing him to come here either as I imagine the money in the Premiership pisses all over whatever he gets in Denmark.

These £3m defenders are just Wigan/sunlun/Fulham type of players iyam.

:lol: Do we have to be getting ripped off for you to be happy? :)

I'd rather we took a chance on a Danish international for £3m than spunked £7m on a big-name-but-not-big-enough-for-a-big-team Italian or Spaniard or whatever. I think you've got completely the wrong attitude - we should be looking for good quality and good value not people with big price tags just for the sake of it.

I'd rather we took a chance on a Danish international for £3m than spunked £7m on a big-name-but-not-big-enough-for-a-big-team Italian or Spaniard or whatever. I think you've got completely the wrong attitude - we should be looking for good quality and good value not people with big price tags just for the sake of it.

If the guy is good, then surely he would be picked up by a good team - especially if the price is only £3m!! The price indicates he aint that good as he hasn't gone elsewhere.

We should be aiming around £5m for good defenders imo.

If the guy is good, then surely he would be picked up by a good team - especially if the price is only £3m!! The price indicates he aint that good as he hasn't gone elsewhere.

Eh? So no player can be seen to be any good until someone else signs them, by which time it's too late?

Setting a minimum price tag on players is bollocks. Find the player, then pay his club what they want for him. If they quote you £3m, then pay it - don't tell them that's too cheap and you'd rather look for someone around the £5m mark.

Edited by Gemmill

Eh? So no player can be seen to be any good until someone else signs them, by which time it's too late?

Setting a minimum price tag on players is bollocks. Find the player, then pay his club what they want for him. If they quote you £3m, then pay it - don't tell them that's too cheap and you'd rather look for someone around the £5m mark.

With all the money sloshing around football at the moment, players' fees are inflated. Therefore, if this guy's fee is inflated at £3m then he aint good enough. If he's good for £3m then AC Milan would have snapped him up already.

I agree that we've been fleeced far too often, but paying 'just' £3m for a player seems too little in today's marketplace for a good player who is 26 iirc.

Just of the top of my head

Brede Paulsen Hangeland (born June 20, 1981 in Houston, Texas) is a Norwegian footballer, playing for F.C. Copenhagen and the Norwegian national team.

195 cm tall, Hangeland plays as a defender or defensive midfielder. He arrived at Viking from local club Vidar F.K. at the start of the 2001 season. He won the Norwegian cup in his debut season, playing in the 3-0 victory over rivals Bryne F.K. in the final. He made his national team debut in a 1-0 win against Austria in 2002, and has so far played more than 30 matches for Norway, mostly as a central defender. In 2005, he was made captain of Viking, and he has played a total of 187 games for the club as of July 2005.

On January 16, 2006 he signed a contract with the Danish club F.C. Copenhagen. He plays with the no. 5 on his back. The contract expires september 2009.

And I wasn't there when he played against man U so cant put my 10 cents in

You Tube

But just reading those stats any CB at 1.95m is defiantly required for our squad of midgets :lol:

I just think that's horrible logic. I do understand what you're saying, but I can't get my head around the whole "he needs to cost more for us to be interested" argument.

I was just about to say he's the type of player that Bolton would sign :lol::):good::icon_lol::icon_lol: so I'll let you win this one. If he does come here and is shit, mark my words that I shall resurrect this thread :icon_lol::icon_lol:

:baby: Do we have to be getting ripped off for you to be happy? :baby:

A price tag of 3 mill £ in the Danish Premiership IS very big money, considering players usually go for around 350.000 £ at most here. Had the likes of Daniel Agger played in Germany Liverpool would've had to double the money they paid. Scandinavien players are cheap, but not necessarily crap.