Goal!

Barney

Not sure if anyone has covered this yet, but while at the cinema to see the 40 year old virgin, I saw clips of the film 'GOAL!'.

The shots of St. James' look un-fu**ing-real. Seeing close up's of Kluiverts goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup, and just general highlights raise the hairs on the back of your neck.

The film might be shite, but hopefully the club comes out of it looking well.

Straight-to-video written all over it.

27971[/snapback]

Apart from the fact it's going to be on at the cinema! :razz:

The premiere is on September 18th at The Odeon in The Gate and it opens to the general public on September 30th.

I did notice on the official site there was a section on "The players" as in characters/cast and it had something like:

Also appearing are David Beckham, Zinedine Zidane, Raul and NUFC manager Alan Shearer!

27961[/snapback]

Is this a sign of Sounesses iminent departure.

I did notice on the official site there was a section on "The players" as in characters/cast and it had something like:

Also appearing are David Beckham, Zinedine Zidane, Raul and NUFC manager Alan Shearer!

27961[/snapback]

28051[/snapback]

Well when you combine it with Owen saying he's "looking forward to playing for...i mean with Alan Shearer" it doesn't look good for Souness :razz:

27971[/snapback]

The premiere is on September 18th at The Odeon in The Gate and it opens to the general public on September 30th.

28005[/snapback]

You know what I'm getting at. Is it getting a national or limited release? Lets face it, The Gate is hardly the Odeon Leicester Square.

27971[/snapback]

28005[/snapback]

You know what I'm getting at. Is it getting a national or limited release? Lets face it, The Gate is hardly the Odeon Leicester Square.

28099[/snapback]

As far as i know the intention is for a full scale (or certainly big enough) release in most parts of the cinema going world, not sure about USA for example.

27971[/snapback]

28005[/snapback]

28099[/snapback]

As far as i know the intention is for a full scale (or certainly big enough) release in most parts of the cinema going world, not sure about USA for example.

28108[/snapback]

I dont think its been given a USA release date . . .

27961[/snapback]

28051[/snapback]

i bet this was the producers forseight cleary thinking that by the time the film was released, he would be our manager.

27961[/snapback]

28051[/snapback]

i bet this was the producers forseight cleary thinking that by the time the film was released, he would be our manager.

28182[/snapback]

more like by the time most people see it for the first time in the £1.99 bargain bucket in WH Smiths he would be our manager.

I don't think its going to be as bad as people think.

The football action side of it they have put alot of effort into as we all know in the past any footy film or tv programme makes a complete arse of the actual action. I think they'll have made a much better job of this side of it than anyone else has.

Also the people behind it are footy fans and the screenplay has been overseen by Clement and La Frenais (of Auf Wiedersehen Pet and Porridge fame) so that side of things may turn out better than expected.

And anyway no matter what its like ranging from utter shite to great it won't matter, for us toon fans it will be such a laugh regardless that we can't lose!

The football action side of it they have put alot of effort into as we all know in the past any footy film or tv programme makes a complete arse of the actual action. I think they'll have made a much better job of this side of it than anyone else has.

Also the people behind it are footy fans and the screenplay has been overseen by Clement and La Frenais (of Auf Wiedersehen Pet and Porridge fame) so that side of things may turn out better than expected.

And anyway no matter what its like ranging from utter shite to great it won't matter, for us toon fans it will be such a laugh regardless that we can't lose!

28766[/snapback]

The writing in the recent Auf Wiedersehen series' has been cliched and tired.

28766[/snapback]

The writing in the recent Auf Wiedersehen series' has been cliched and tired.

28785[/snapback]

Very true, but i'd still back them to make a football film based on NUFC better than if it were left in the hands of your average screenwriter.

Anyway however it turns out i'm looking forward to having a good laugh seeing NUFC on "The big screen"