mock the week

2bias

Which just so happens to be an absolutely awful programme.

I went to the recording of the first one. To say they had to dig out the canned laughter before broadcasting it would be an understatement.

There's no such thing as funny women comedians (comediennes?!). FACT! It's not even all that often that you find a lass that's genuinely laugh out loud funny. FACT SQUARED.

I've seen many many comediennes and it's ratre to find one that does actually make you laugh all too many go for the gross out, shock approach, the "I don't expect a woman to say that!" jokes... which frankly aren't funny after the initial shock.

a lot of times they rely on the same cliched material, the differences between man and woman, gross out sex, playing with gender roles etc.

I think the problem is that stand up has been a male dominated forum for so long that women haven't the support or (dare I say) the balls to try something other than the niche that they've dug out for themselves. Yashere, Brand etc. all stick to what they know and they know fuck all. There's one Australian woman who has done quite well each time I've seen her.

Sarah Kendall sarahkendall.jpg

dunno if she's got enough for a full hour sety, but she's definitely moving up and not sticking to the same tired old shit trotted out time and again by Brand and her ilk

There's no such thing as funny women comedians (comediennes?!). FACT! It's not even all that often that you find a lass that's genuinely laugh out loud funny. FACT SQUARED.

My mates sister is as funny as fuck, sharp as a razor. She can be quite crude at times but I've seen her shoot blokes down in a crowded bar for fun, no one dares say out to her cheek wise, she'll tear you to shreds. Like one of my mates who slept with her found out the other week.

I've seen many many comediennes and it's ratre to find one that does actually make you laugh all too many go for the gross out, shock approach, the "I don't expect a woman to say that!" jokes... which frankly aren't funny after the initial shock.

a lot of times they rely on the same cliched material, the differences between man and woman, gross out sex, playing with gender roles etc.

I think the problem is that stand up has been a male dominated forum for so long that women haven't the support or (dare I say) the balls to try something other than the niche that they've dug out for themselves. Yashere, Brand etc. all stick to what they know and they know fuck all. There's one Australian woman who has done quite well each time I've seen her.

Sarah Kendall sarahkendall.jpg

dunno if she's got enough for a full hour sety, but she's definitely moving up and not sticking to the same tired old shit trotted out time and again by Brand and her ilk

There's an American lass called something Silverman who is supposed to be funny according to articles I've read, but I've yet to see her. Have you?

Sarah Silverman? Total Jewish princess type, I find her quite amusing but rarely laugh-out-loud funny (to borrow the phrase). If you're attuned to American humour generally, though, she might be your cup of cwahfee.

My mates sister is as funny as fuck, sharp as a razor. She can be quite crude at times but I've seen her shoot blokes down in a crowded bar for fun, no one dares say out to her cheek wise, she'll tear you to shreds. Like one of my mates who slept with her found out the other week.

Bet she's fat

Aye that's her. Like I say I've not seen her, and half the time these articles are written by birds who wouldn't know funny if it hoofed them in the cleft.

not seen her yet. but you're right, there's often a sisterhood solidarity with comediennes

Sarah Silverman? Total Jewish princess type, I find her quite amusing but rarely laugh-out-loud funny (to borrow the phrase). If you're attuned to American humour generally, though, she might be your cup of cwahfee.

She does seem to be highly rated, though i haven't seen enough of her to comment. I think she has her own show that is in the vein of Curb Your Enthusisasm as well, soemthing like that.