Legal MP3 Downloads

ewerk

Anyone recommend any good sites for buying MP3s? The only one I've know if is itunes but I've seen cheaper alternatives out there but not sure how safe and reputable they are.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest James_coDurham
I still can't believe people pay for music downloads :icon_lol:

You can't believe that some people want to avoid breaking the law? :icon_lol:

I did anticipate this kind of response from somebody. Laughable tbf

I'm pretty sure that allofmp3 opened up a replacement site after they were shut down. cant remember the url though.

and probably not legal either.....

It's now called alltunes.com, seeing as Russian prosecutors are after the owner of the site I reckon it's probably in a grey area of the law but that's good enough for me.

Why?

Would you go into HMV and nick a CD off the shelf?

Same principle - as it is with priate movies.

Just ask ourself that question next time you're tempted

Why is that? Problem here is that not only are you making a stupid comment but you also made an assumption about someone's intentions and implied they were stupid too...

Ridiculous.

Guest James_coDurham

Why is that? Problem here is that not only are you making a stupid comment but you also made an assumption about someone's intentions and implied they were stupid too...

Ridiculous.

Because illegally downloading music is such a widespread thing that it's a socially acceptable law to break, so therefore I DO find it hard to believe that a small section of 'up their own arsers' opt to pay for MP3s that are often readily available for nothing. Ridiculous.

Because illegally downloading music is such a widespread thing that it's a socially acceptable law to break, so therefore I DO find it hard to believe that a small section of 'up their own arsers' opt to pay for MP3s that are often readily available for nothing. Ridiculous.

Being a broke student I do often illegally download music if it's single tracks or albums if it's by a big artist but if it's a smaller, less well known artist then I'll pay for it. It's double standards I know and if it means I'm 'up my own arse' then so be it.

Ridiculous.

Just as well honest people exist though, isn't it?

Ridiculous.

Moral fibre.

Guest James_coDurham

Being a broke student I do often illegally download music if it's single tracks or albums if it's by a big artist but if it's a smaller, less well known artist then I'll pay for it. It's double standards I know and if it means I'm 'up my own arse' then so be it.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, because you have explained that the music you want isn't available from other sources. More of a generalization of people who pay to download all of their tunes.

You can't believe that some people want to avoid breaking the law? :razz:

Ridiculous.

So observing the law these days is seen as 'being up your own arse'??? :icon_lol:

And people wonder where the problems lie with society... ;)

Guest James_coDurham

Ridiculous.

Aye. These people probably get their cars restricted to 70MPH because that's the maximum speed limit in this country and doing 72 on a motorway at night is a naughty immoral no-no.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, because you have explained that the music you want isn't available from other sources. More of a generalization of people who pay to download all of their tunes.

So what is wrong with people paying for things they're supposed to pay for? I don't think it's socially accepted that music nowadays is totally free.

Ridiculous.

Aye. These people probably get their cars restricted to 70MPH because that's the maximum speed limit in this country and doing 72 on a motorway at night is a naughty immoral no-no.

Aye, because theft and slightly speeding are exactly the same thing.

What do you think would happen to the music industry if no-one paid for music?

That's sort of my take, although I'm more into CDs still but I have less qualms if it's a well-known artist about getting them copied or whatever. A less well known artist probably earns next to nowt. I actually like to own originals though in general and in most cases do.

Guest James_coDurham

So what is wrong with people paying for things they're supposed to pay for? I don't think it's socially accepted that music nowadays is totally free.

Really?? Well it is. Are you serious?

Ridiculous.

Aye, because theft and slightly speeding are exactly the same thing.

What do you think would happen to the music industry if no-one paid for music?

Precisely!!!

I bet he's the type of bloke who justfies his actions by claiming that music and video costs too much anyway... :razz:

Guest James_coDurham

That's sort of my take, although I'm more into CDs still but I have less qualms if it's a well-known artist about getting them copied or whatever. A less well known artist probably earns next to nowt. I actually like to own originals though in general and in most cases do.

Ditto, if I like a musician enough I like to own the original CD.

But regarding MP3s, what's the difference between a purchased one and a free one? Nothing.