Legal MP3 Downloads

ewerk

So you reckon you're doing your own wee bit to ensure a fairer redistribution of wealth? rolleyes.gif

After years of over paying for music the emergence of MP3s has been a God send.

Take petrol, for example. We're getting fucked on petrol. If an illegal petrol pump was available, giving you free petrol, and it was totally undetectable that you'd used it. How many of you would still pay for petrol? Would your conscience eat at you that the multi billion dollar oil industry and our govt was losing your 95 pence per litre?

Aye and if everyone did it then other taxes would go through the fucking roof wouldn't they?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you reckon you're doing your own wee bit to ensure a fairer redistribution of wealth? rolleyes.gif

Take petrol, for example. We're getting fucked on petrol. If an illegal petrol pump was available, giving you free petrol, and it was totally undetectable that you'd used it. How many of you would still pay for petrol? Would your conscience eat at you that the multi billion dollar oil industry and our govt was losing your 95 pence per litre?

I'd feel sorry for the poor brown people having to grow and harvest all those oil trees and not even getting their 0.37p in the pound for their troubles.

Guest James_coDurham

Aye and if everyone did it then other taxes would go through the fucking roof wouldn't they?

Yes they would. So you'd feel guilty, as an individual?

Yes because at the end of the day it's stealing, whether stealing from the government, a musician or a record company it is still essentially theft.

Anyway thanks for everyone's help to my original question, Toontastic to the rescue once again. :icon_lol: While you've all been bickering I have signed up to Napster and am downloading my album for an admittedly inflated price of £8.95.

I'd feel a bit daft when I couldn't run my car any more because the petrol ran out after everyone took it for nowt, I imagine.

Guest James_coDurham

Yes because at the end of the day it's stealing, whether stealing from the government, a musician or a record company it is still essentially theft.

Anyway thanks for everyone's help to my original question, Toontastic to the rescue once again. :icon_lol: While you've all been bickering I have signed up to Napster and am downloading my album for an admittedly inflated price of £8.95.

As you've already stated that you illegally download some music I'm fairly confident that you're on this petrol related high-horse for sake of argument. Morals of an alley-cat tbh :icon_lol:

No such thing as a victimless crime. Think of the children!

That kind of download is never legal. :icon_lol:

Only if you're a celebrity doing it for 'research' purposes. :icon_lol:

Or a washed-out 70s glam rock....oh wait.

I still can't believe people pay for music downloads :icon_lol:

You can't believe that some people want to avoid breaking the law? :icon_lol:

I did anticipate this kind of response from somebody. Laughable tbf

Why is that? Problem here is that not only are you making a stupid comment but you also made an assumption about someone's intentions and implied they were stupid too...

Ridiculous.

Because illegally downloading music is such a widespread thing that it's a socially acceptable law to break, so therefore I DO find it hard to believe that a small section of 'up their own arsers' opt to pay for MP3s that are often readily available for nothing. Ridiculous.

Just as well honest people exist though, isn't it?

Aye. These people probably get their cars restricted to 70MPH because that's the maximum speed limit in this country and doing 72 on a motorway at night is a naughty immoral no-no.

Aye, because theft and slightly speeding are exactly the same thing.

What do you think would happen to the music industry if no-one paid for music?

Same as it is now really.

Shite

Anyone recommend any good sites for buying MP3s? The only one I've know if is itunes but I've seen cheaper alternatives out there but not sure how safe and reputable they are.

Can't be arsed to read the thread so apologies if it's already been posted but... http://www.gomusic.ru - Songs from 10c each, 10% discount if you buy albums, and there was a deal where you buy a certain amount of points and you get so many tracks free.