Growing vegetables

Walliver

I want to grow some vegetables and I want to do it now. However, I'm aware that it's not really the best time to start planting most things.

My parents told me about winter cabbages that can grow in the winter, are there any other foodstuffs that I can cultivate over the colder months?

Has anyone who grows their own food got any tips for starting a veggie patch?

Look at where the sun is in your garden, you may have loads you may not, this will dictate where you put certain veggies. Also look at the soil, if its good then cool, if not then it will need feeding, if so its good to start now ready for next year.

Have a look at this webby

Growing vegetables is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

First of all, take a good firm grip of your hoe.

Secondly, dont be surprised when your tools get dirty. ;)

Growing vegetables is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

First of all, take a good firm grip of your hoe.

Secondly, dont be surprised when your tools get dirty. ;)

:)

Minta Laz man, minta!

We do a bit of this sort of thing, but all pots since our garden is all gravel and slabs. Which is a good thing. Got some canny lettuce, rocket, peppers, tomatoes (both in a wee greenhouse) and a few chilli plants, one of which is absolutely laden. Also got a canny few herbs on the go. If you want to go down the pot root, I'd say good drainage is probably the biggest thing. Waterlogged plants generally don't do very well at all.