Open University.

Tom

Shit degrees all done through the post. compares to a real degree like GNVQs to A-Levels.

I've heard the opposite actually. What you basing that on?

Heard they were pretty well regarded myself. They show a lot of self-motivation to be able and do, they'rethe same standard as any other degree, but you take it at your own pace.

Probably depends on what you're taking and where your aiming to go with it.

Given the standard of "degrees" at some Universities (or in some cases "Universities") and having seen some people do OU courses I'd say it's probably better than a lot these days.

But I guess equally it'll never be regarded as well as some as it's probably quite a bit easier to get reasonable grades due to the way it's structured (and they seem to have some issues in offering courses that require a lot of practical/lab/field work at all).

Wacky tried to get on a degree course with them to fill up some of his spare time and they wouldn't accept his application.

Something about having gone to school in Walker, poor lad never stood a chance.

Only went to junior school in Walker, you silver spoon, Gosforth, took it up the arse off Meenzer behind the bike sheds, twat what you are :mellow:

Shit degrees all done through the post. compares to a real degree like GNVQs to A-Levels.

I've heard the opposite actually. What you basing that on?

Well theres a fucking surprise :mellow:

You not being bale to back up what you said. I concur.

As with any degree course I would imagine what you put in is what you get out.

Haven't really known many people who've used the OU though my A-Level Psychology teacher had done her degree that way later in life and seemed to place it in pretty high regard..

I've got a lot of admiration for anyone who could do an Open University degree from home. There is absolutely no way I would have the discipline or motivation to do it personally. I would rather mop the kitchen floor and hang out the washing than knuckle down to do that kind of work. Which reminds me..... :mellow:

I'm gonna have to do distance learning (not Open University though) for the next two years and I can see it going tits up in my face. I'm not worried about not understanding the stuff, it's just actually sitting down and motivating myself to study after a day at work. :mellow:

I am just about to start a Masters degree by Distance Learning. I have to attend teaching days every couple of months and the rest is up to me - I have to say I am a bit worried about forcing myself to sit down and do the work even though it is something I have chosen to do and am interested in.

I reckon I'm gonna have to set aside a night a week to just sit down and do the work, and try and stick to that. It'll never happen though, especially as the first one I'll be doing is going to be mega boring. :lol:

Requires a LOT of discipline, a lot of time and a lot of hard work

The degrees are quite valuable when you go for a job as the basic standard is far better than your local college (sorry! University of Jarra Slack) and em[ployers know you're willing to buckle down............