Huntington signs for Leeds?

Scottish Mag

I think Sam and his staff might have let him go because of his build. Although he was tall enough he seemed to have quite a slight physique. Allardyce seems to prefer more physically imposing specimens. As someone said, with Beye, Faye, Capaca, Rozi, Taylor and Enrique he is building a back line of Terminators.

Rozenhal is of slight build too, though.

Yes, he's a T-1000.

Define the term "world beater".

Which part of it are you struggling with? :razz:

"Beat".

perhaps you shouldn't have used the phrase then if you need it defined for you

I do know what it means.

Perhaps you shouldn't talk if you're such an idiot.

define idiot :icon_lol:

Idiot \Id"i*ot\, n. [F. idiot, L. idiota an uneducated, ignorant, ill-informed person, Gr. ?, also and orig., a private person, not holding public office, fr. ? proper, peculiar. See Idiom.]

1. A man in private station, as distinguished from one holding a public office. [Obs.]

St. Austin affirmed that the plain places of Scripture are sufficient to all laics, and all idiots or private persons. --Jer. Taylor.

2. An unlearned, ignorant, or simple person, as distinguished from the educated; an ignoramus. [Obs.]

Christ was received of idiots, of the vulgar people, and of the simpler sort, while he was rejected, despised, and persecuted even to death by the high priests, lawyers, scribes, doctors, and rabbis. --C. Blount.

3. A human being destitute of the ordinary intellectual powers, whether congenital, developmental, or accidental; commonly, a person without understanding from birth; a natural fool; a natural; an innocent.

Life . . . is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. --Shak.

4. A fool; a simpleton; -- a term of reproach.

Weenest thou make an idiot of our dame? --Chaucer.

5. zico martin.

i reckon you nicked that from somewhere tbh

anyway you claimed that huntingdon was too slow to ever make it in the premiership. Subsequently it was demonstrated that several long serving premiership defenders arent blessed with speed. Which part of that exchange demonstrates that I am ill informed?

Guest Patrokles
I think Sam and his staff might have let him go because of his build. Although he was tall enough he seemed to have quite a slight physique. Allardyce seems to prefer more physically imposing specimens. As someone said, with Beye, Faye, Capaca, Rozi, Taylor and Enrique he is building a back line of Terminators.

Yes, he's a T-1000.

Nice. :razz:

He certainly is, you look at his two fullbacks and they're both 6 footers, nobody will be pushing our defence around that's for sure!

I also like the fact we have intelligent footballers at the back as well, against Wigan you had them passing the ball amongst themselves calmly and under control just waiting for the option to pick the right forward pass. Makes a big difference to the Roeder defence misshitting passes, failing to cotnrol it, get themselves under pressure and kick it out of play!!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

rozenhal and cacapa are good enough footballers to play further forward. this instills confidence in the fullbacks as they are safe in the knowledge that they ( the 2 centre backs) are comfortable enough to give and receive possession of the ball....

it also allows us to dictate play and keep the ball far better ....

I see him as the ball player of our defence

PAUL Huntington has no regrets about leaving Newcastle after admitting that continuing his career in United’s reserves was not an appealing proposition.

The defender’s departure came as a surprise last week but, although he has dropped down two divisions in order to join Leeds, he is adamant he has made the correct decision.

A player who made 11 Premier League appearances during Glenn Roeder’s reign at St James’s Park last season did not make a competitive appearance under Sam Allardyce.

And having been told that the Magpies boss would not oppose his departure following a deadline-beating bid from Dennis Wise, Huntington (pictured right) had no qualms about pledging his future to the League One club.

“I had another two years left at Newcastle but I didn’t want to sit around and play for the reserves and just get the odd first-team game. I heard Leeds had put a bid in for me and I drove straight down to talk terms with the club. Leeds United were the right club for me. It’s the right move, I’m confident about that.”

Having progressed through Newcastle’s youth system, Huntington appeared to have a bright future at St James’s Park. But his last competitive appearance proved an uncomfortable experience – with Huntington’s inexperience in a role he did not relish exposed during a disastrous Uefa Cup tie at AZ Alkmaar in March. Roeder’s response was to wield the axe.

A player who was never given a chance to showcase his skills in his preferred position never recovered and, although Huntington did feature during this summer’s pre-season campaign, it was clear his Premier League participation would be limited, with Allardyce turning to the transfer market to strengthen his defence.

As well as Faye and Beye, Roeder’s successor has also signed David Rozehnal, Claudio Caçapa and José Enríque. Having returned to the reserves, Huntington last week caught Wise’s eye and a transfer was soon thrashed out.

“I didn’t see a move coming this early, but it has happened and I’ve moved on. I found out on Friday afternoon, it was a late thing and it came about by surprise. I had to decide in a couple hours and I had to stay at the training ground in Newcastle until the manager gave it the go-ahead,” he said.

“Dennis Wise and (Leeds’ assistant manager) Gus Poyet didn’t have to sell it to me. I didn’t really have to think about it. I like what they’re trying to achieve here.”

Huntington is expected to make his debut for Leeds against Hartlepool at Elland Road this weekend. Wise’s side boast a 100% league record this season, although the they remain rooted to the foot of the League One table having started the season with a 15-point penalty for breaching the Football League’s rules on clubs entering administration. Huntington could soon be joined at Elland Road by another player with North-East links.

Wise and Poyet also used last week’s reserve fixture between Sunderland and Newcastle to evaluate Graham Kavanagh and are expected to pursue a bid to sign the out-of-favour Black Cats midfielder on loan.