Souey to revive Bridge bid

Paul

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...l=football_home

by James Pearson - created on 11 Sep 2005

Graeme Souness is looking to revive his bid for Chelsea's Wayne Bridge after missing out on the defender last month.

The Newcastle United boss enquired whether The Blues would be willing to allow Bridge to leave on loan, but his move was rebuffed.

However, Souness feels he is short of left back options, with Celestine Babayaro failing to impress against Fulham on Saturday, and has not given up hope of signing Bridge.

One stumbling block behind a move could be funds with The Magpies splashing out on Michael Owen and Nolberto Solano before the transfer window closed.

Bridge is yet to feature for Chelsea this season after returning from injury, but with Asier Del Horno set for a stint on the sidelines he is set to come to the fore.

"We tried to get Wayne in on loan before the transfer window closed because it's an area we felt we needed to strengthen," said Souness.

"I had him as a young player at Southampton, he was a left winger there, but modern full backs are really wingers.

"You'd have to ask the chairman if there's money in the kitty for further signings."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...l=football_home

by James Pearson -  created on 11 Sep 2005

Graeme Souness is looking to revive his bid for Chelsea's Wayne Bridge after missing out on the defender last month.

The Newcastle United boss enquired whether The Blues would be willing to allow Bridge to leave on loan, but his move was rebuffed.

However, Souness feels he is short of left back options, with Celestine Babayaro failing to impress against Fulham on Saturday, and has not given up hope of signing Bridge.

One stumbling block behind a move could be funds with The Magpies splashing out on Michael Owen and Nolberto Solano before the transfer window closed.

Bridge is yet to feature for Chelsea this season after returning from injury, but with Asier Del Horno set for a stint on the sidelines he is set to come to the fore.

"We tried to get Wayne in on loan before the transfer window closed because it's an area we felt we needed to strengthen," said Souness.

"I had him as a young player at Southampton, he was a left winger there, but modern full backs are really wingers.

"You'd have to ask the chairman if there's money in the kitty for further signings."

31440[/snapback]

So full backs are wingers and wingers are working wide men?

No wonder the players look like they don't know what they're doing.

but he doesn't believe in wingers

31468[/snapback]

Souness in talking bullshit and backtracking on some load of crap he's previously said shocker!!!

31487[/snapback]

one of many, how many can you think of so far...

1. I'm only interested in what happens when you cross the white line - I'm not having that on the training ground

2. Football is no secret, it's only about good players working hard, and I'm big on good players that work hard - football is more cat and mouse than it's ever been

3. I don't believe in wingers - Luque hogs the touchline and buys back Solano and before that isolates his top scorer on the right wing

4. Attitude is vitally important, as important as ability - Buys Babayaro, Faye and Moore

Other pearlers are

We need pace up front and width up front [having kicked out Bellamy and Robert for 4.5m quid the pair]

We had to play too many kids tonight [after Lisbon ?] - no he didn't he had players out on loan and sitting in the stand

This is the best squad of players I've ever managed, I'm not going to make wholesale changes here - a year later and he's sold 10 players and brought in 10 players

I'm the most attacking manager you've ever had - Bullshit

I'm a 4-4-2 man, always have been always will be - Bullshit

We need to get this club out of the press for the wrong reasons - spends his whole time slagging of his player in the press

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Wayne Bridge?

31541[/snapback]

He won't come here whilst Souness is making us look like complete shite so in a round about way its valid to mention what a complete and utter twat we have in charge in relation to Wayne Bridge :lol:

Del Horno is injured, the only viable replacement they have is Bridge....

What slim chance we had of signing him in January completely evaporated when Del Horno got crocked.

Del Horno is injured, the only viable replacement they have is Bridge....

What slim chance we had of signing him in January completely evaporated when Del Horno got crocked.

31610[/snapback]

What he said.

I have to say that when I read this story in the Sunday Sun I just shook my head.

It just smacks of our manager telling us that things cannot possibly improve unless we get a quality left back. If we got Bridge he would then be telling us we need another quality CB before he could possibly revive our fortunes. If we got a quality CB he would then tell us we need another quality CF before he could possibly revive our fortunes. If we got a quality CF he would then tell us he needed another quality midfielder before he could possibly revive our fortunes. If we got a quality midfielder he would then tell us he needed another RW (sorry, right-sided player as wingers don't exist anymore!)......keep repeating with other positions ad infinitum.

Let's not forget that NUFC finished 5th two seasons ago. FIFTH! (I was going to say 'this squad' but that no longer applies following the ins and outs)

Sorry for bleating on and on, but I am just getting more and more frustrated with the poor team performances which, imo, are a direct reflection of our manager and coaching staff.

Wayne is one of the best left backs in the business IMO. Would be a top signing. And he might come with the Parker connection and Babayaro.

31587[/snapback]

He's not that good.

lol owen, emre and parker are all rejects

personally i'd love a team of rejects like that  :icon_lol:

32359[/snapback]

Don't forget Solano....

And none of them are 'rejects', they all signed for Newcastle despite interest from Merseyside clubs...

hmm think we've got differing terms of rejects i mean it like how they never really broke into there clubs first teams solano never had that problem

i think u mean it like they had no other interest in which case none of them are rejects as everton wanted all of them :icon_lol:

So we can be renamed Chelsea Rejects FC, with Portsmouth being the Newcastle Rejects FC, Everton being the Transfer Rejects FC etc...

32355[/snapback]

Your a joke, if you mean Parker and Bridge could even be classed as rejects! Just because people leave Chelsea doesn't mean they are rejects. Parker is amazing, Bridge is world class. Stop thinking we should be competing with them in the transfer market for the likes of Del Horno. Keep the Faith :icon_lol::angry::angry::icon_lol::blush::crylaughin::crylaughin::nufc: