Fuel Protests

Chaser

Wanna know what sucks? I've been paying AU$1.30 per litre since I got home.  :angry:

32650[/snapback]

What's the exchange rate for the Aussie peso these days?

32651[/snapback]

AU$1.30 is about 59p.

On second thoughts...

hahahahahaha

:icon_lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you put it like that it is an absolute disgrace. While were on the subject of this country I've just came back from southern spain and one thing i noticed was the difference with the adverts on TV. Over there it was all adverts for food, yoghurts etc but over here it's all loan companys, credit cards, car insurance. Basically just shit to get you into more debt or somehow filter your money off you.

The country's fucked.

31983[/snapback]

Then emigrate knobhead.

I love the way they automatically assume that everyone who is filling up IS panic-buying....

My car was running on vapours last night so I had to fill up otherwise I wasn't coming to work today. What was I supposed to tell my employers? "Sorry, can't come in as I have no petrol and didn't want to be labelled as a panic-buyer!"

32645[/snapback]

You were panic buying and what is more, we all know you were!

32647[/snapback]

50 miles to drive to work and had less than 3 litres in the tank??

Aye - I was panic buying! :angry:

I love the way they automatically assume that everyone who is filling up IS panic-buying....

My car was running on vapours last night so I had to fill up otherwise I wasn't coming to work today. What was I supposed to tell my employers? "Sorry, can't come in as I have no petrol and didn't want to be labelled as a panic-buyer!"

32645[/snapback]

Of course there are people who are filling up as normal who I feel sorry for, as the panic tossers are turning a 5 minute chore into a 30 minute one. The long queues yesterday and the fact petrol stations are reporting using a weeks supply in two days backs up that people are buying petrol they don't need. Thankfully I've got half a tank full, or I'd have been pissed off yesterday if I'd had to fill up.

32659[/snapback]

During these times, I reckon they should implement a standing charge of say £25. That way, if you can fit £25 in your tank, good for you - if you can't, tough shit you've obviously got enough in there to start with......

Would make the panic buyers think twice...

32645[/snapback]

Of course there are people who are filling up as normal who I feel sorry for, as the panic tossers are turning a 5 minute chore into a 30 minute one. The long queues yesterday and the fact petrol stations are reporting using a weeks supply in two days backs up that people are buying petrol they don't need. Thankfully I've got half a tank full, or I'd have been pissed off yesterday if I'd had to fill up.

32659[/snapback]

During these times, I reckon they should implement a standing charge of say £25. That way, if you can fit £25 in your tank, good for you - if you can't, tough shit you've obviously got enough in there to start with......

32679[/snapback]

I don't know exactly what you think sensible ideas have to do with these situations, so you can forget anything like that!!! :angry:

Wanna know what sucks? I've been paying AU$1.30 per litre since I got home.  :blush:

32650[/snapback]

What's the exchange rate for the Aussie peso these days?

32651[/snapback]

AU$1.30 is about 59p.

On second thoughts...

hahahahahaha

:)

32660[/snapback]

has to be cheap out there - its soooo far between any two places its worth visiting............

"During these times, I reckon they should implement a standing charge of say £25. That way, if you can fit £25 in your tank, good for you"

its one of the powers they have in reserve and are ready to use - shortly after the ones about shooting anyone causing a jam on the motorway and suspending elections to parliament

has to be cheap out there - its soooo far between any two places its worth visiting............

32773[/snapback]

Yeah, but how do you drive to Fiji?

32779[/snapback]

I was thinking of Bali TBH

the nearest big city to perth is jakarta and the second nearest is Singapore............

the nearest big city to perth is jakarta and the second nearest is Singapore............

32782[/snapback]

Emm, shite, so was I...

32782[/snapback]

Emm, shite, so was I...

32783[/snapback]

Bali is part of the Republik Indonesia dear lad - its the diamond shaped island east of Java - Fiji is way off to the North east of Oz

Oddly enough Java is full of people who are Moslem but its a thin veneer on some very old Hindu and Animist beliefs - you can get "white meat" (=pork) and beer ("for the Chinese") all over Java

Bali is full of Hindus on a thin veneer of animist beliefs - they eat beef for a start ..........

Funny place Indonesia

Fiji is full of Indians and Fijians (who eat people)

Edited by Rob W

from the Beeb...................

Low turnout for fuel tax protests

A series of low key demonstrations are taking place

Demonstrations over the price of petrol have been largely low-key, with small numbers of demonstrators at refineries.

Organisers said the campaign was meant to be symbolic and that it had put the government on the "back foot".

There has been no repeat of Tuesday's panic-buying of petrol among motorists, and suppliers said those garages which had sold out were being replenished. "

Now Rob, you've set yourself up lovely there for some joke about your lass being very fond of McDonalds. But I wouldn't go there, you're too much of a nice bloke!

never darken the door there

Who needs McDonalds when a few pints of Fed followed by a pizza, a stotie cake with cheese and chips and maybe a small cream cake for breakfast will do?

Bali is part of the Republik Indonesia dear lad - its the diamond shaped island east of Java - Fiji is way off to the North east of Oz

Oddly enough Java is full of people who are Moslem but its a thin veneer on some very old Hindu and Animist beliefs - you can get "white meat" (=pork) and beer ("for the Chinese") all over Java

Bali is full of Hindus on a thin veneer of animist beliefs - they eat beef for a start ..........

Funny place Indonesia

Fiji is full of Indians and Fijians (who eat people)

Also as is often pointed out by fear generating Government and right wing media Indonesia is the world's large Islamic population and "every single one of them" is just waiting to invade little old Australia. Sensationalists.

Wellllll - a lot would like to go there to work and live

as for Islamic a lot of them are of the CoE variety - high days and holy days only

They cheerfully celebrate Christmas, Easter and a couple of the Buddhist holidays as well as all the Moslem ones.....................