5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

First season for Chester Cricket Club. Finished 1point off top spot, got to the semi final of the cup and won an award from the league as highest goal scorers in all 5 divisions. Not a bad first year! We hoyed away about 20 points in the middle of the season which is a bit gutting as in the return games against the same teams we were putting 5 and 6 past them.

table.png

Defences must be shite in that leaguem looking at the F & A.

Pretty standard swing from top to bottom. Looking at the Northern Conference there's only a couple of goals difference in the GD. Every league is going to have good teams who win most games and bad teams who lose most games

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

Says it all that we came second in our league scoring 11 less goals than the team who came BOTTOM of your league conceding 125. I'd refuse to play if we were winning 10-0 every game.

You already admitted you played 2 seasons 8 years ago or something man :D

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the names of the teams as well. I'm surprised there's not an 'Inter Yer Mam'.

Like what? Everyone of them is a Pub or WMC team

He's got a point thought. Looks like a 5 a side league by the for and against column. My last full season of Sunday league our record was something like W19 D2 L5 F35 A19 - which shows what a good standard it was. 125 goals conceded ffs.

Which is? If you play for the Salutation or Postboy pub then what are you going to name the team? Same goes for if you play for the Dubmire WMC or Quarry Hill WMC? I'm still struggling to see these daft team names?

As for the standard of the league, I already bit at this once before, the DIV1 champions have won the FA Sunday Cup more than any other team in the country

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitio...tonMagnetReport

Sounds to me like your team had pony strikers Stevie if you only managed 35 goals in 26 games.

:D That's like a team in the Conference North saying "standard of the league!?!?!??!! aye but a team in top tier (Man Utd) are in the Champions League final".

Fuck all to do with shit strikers, good defences, tactical Sunday league battles not, balls bouncing of peoples shins, and unchecked foul throws, like certain leagues I can imagine....

First season for Chester Cricket Club. Finished 1point off top spot, got to the semi final of the cup and won an award from the league as highest goal scorers in all 5 divisions. Not a bad first year! We hoyed away about 20 points in the middle of the season which is a bit gutting as in the return games against the same teams we were putting 5 and 6 past them.

table.png

Defences must be shite in that leaguem looking at the F & A.

Pretty standard swing from top to bottom. Looking at the Northern Conference there's only a couple of goals difference in the GD. Every league is going to have good teams who win most games and bad teams who lose most games

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

Says it all that we came second in our league scoring 11 less goals than the team who came BOTTOM of your league conceding 125. I'd refuse to play if we were winning 10-0 every game.

You already admitted you played 2 seasons 8 years ago or something man :D

Eh?!?!?!? I played every season in competitive football from aged 9 to 29. Without sounding like a mug (and I still do) I'm a face on the sunday league circuit. You make stuff up as you go along you lad.

What is your league again CLS and Hetton Le Hole Division 7 or something :D I'm sure you showed us the link one time.

Durham District Sunday League. Covers every team from Washington to Darlington

AKA The Cradel of Football.

Your stats dont even make sense. You scored less than 2 goals every game and conceded nearly a goal every game yet still finished 2nd? Did you win every game 1.5-1 or something?

Errr aye. Not like you to make a tool of yourself.

Anyone know of any refs?

Need one for this Sat!

Time is it and where? Need to be away by 12s at the latest and I'll be hungowa, but I ref in Sunday league now and then. If its for those N-O mugs forget it.

9AM at Gatesheed Stadium, and it's not against N-O!

Anyone know of any refs?

Need one for this Sat!

Time is it and where? Need to be away by 12s at the latest and I'll be hungowa, but I ref in Sunday league now and then. If its for those N-O mugs forget it.

9AM at Gatesheed Stadium, and it's not against N-O!

9am fuckin hell, you got me mobile number? If you're still struggling by 9 the neet drop me a text. I've got a full refs kit like a look like a tall Jeff Winters :D You play there regular on a Saturday morning on the 11 aside? If so I LOVE playing there if there's a regular game if you're ever short.

This'll be our 3rd game, the lads we're playing tomorrow beat us 6-3 our first game and the second game we beat N-O 6-3. We're trying to sort the games more regularly, just need more opponents.

I'll give you a text like, doubt I'll be able to get anyone in the mean time!

This'll be our 3rd game, the lads we're playing tomorrow beat us 6-3 our first game and the second game we beat N-O 6-3. We're trying to sort the games more regularly, just need more opponents.

You got enough outfield players, cos I'll get some of the lads if required. I'm not promising though am out for 630 tonight, and probs stopping out. I'd love a game though if you're short, and I'll ref games in future if am not out. Got nee badges, but a ref in the NESL now and then always get 8 or 9 on the sheet, and only ever sent one player off.

Anyone a naa plays for yous?

Edited by McFaul

You got enough outfield players, cos I'll get some of the lads if required. I'm not promising though am out for 630 tonight, and probs stopping out. I'd love a game though if you're short, and I'll ref games in future if am not out. Got nee badges, but a ref in the NESL now and then always get 8 or 9 on the sheet, and only ever sent one player off.

Anyone a naa plays for yous?

In fact I could get a team to play against yous like Besty, give me two weeks right. What standard are the kids?

So you can't ref tomorrow then, you twat. :D

Think we're sorted for tomorrow but I'm not sure, I'll double check when I get in. What position do you play in 11's like?

And nah, just pooptash whose posted on here before, the rest of them are off F365 forum.

Aye, if you can definitely sort that it'd be canny. Don't think we'd fare too well against a team who play with eachother every week since we're relatively new but we're not the worst. We've got some decent players but there's a couple of shite ones but you can't exactly say nar you're not playing!

That mackem pell who has also posted on here plays in goal for us at time aswell, he's fucking class.

So you can't ref tomorrow then, you twat. :D

Think we're sorted for tomorrow but I'm not sure, I'll double check when I get in. What position do you play in 11's like?

And nah, just pooptash whose posted on here before, the rest of them are off F365 forum.

Centre half, DMC, or up front. Been a striker all me life but when ye lose ya pace ye migrate to the back more.

Aye, if you can definitely sort that it'd be canny. Don't think we'd fare too well against a team who play with eachother every week since we're relatively new but we're not the worst. We've got some decent players but there's a couple of shite ones but you can't exactly say nar you're not playing!

That mackem pell who has also posted on here plays in goal for us at time aswell, he's fucking class.

100% I'll get lads. Nar, nar most of the lads I'll get are mates, we used to play together but not nee more not for 3 or 4 years. The average age would be aboot 34 so yed have a good chance. Are they aal younguns like? Re: the reffin, much do yous pay your refs normally? Giz a ring about 730 in mornin, I'll either mumble swear words at ye kickin off at the time, not answer or say aye.

Age range from about 19-33 I think, most mid 20's though. We've only had the one ref and that was for the game against N-O, honestly can't remember how much!

Is it worth the risk ringing you at that time? :D

Was just thinking there... We did have a ref, but when our keeper dropped out we needed him to play in goal. SO, if you can get a proper keeper, we'll have a ref plus a good keeper and you can have a game too. :D

Age range from about 19-33 I think, most mid 20's though. We've only had the one ref and that was for the game against N-O, honestly can't remember how much!

Is it worth the risk ringing you at that time? :D

Ye can ring its nee bother. 90 minute games like? I'd rather play tbh. I absolutely love it there, its the big astroturf pitch aye? First time I played there I scored five, then we all piled in the Euro 96 beer festival on a Saturday lunch time for the rest of the day on the brewery site. Jack Charlton's son played, he had a big range rover, he was fuckin pish, seemed a good bloke though.

90 minutes aye, and aye the pitches round the back. Sort a keeper oot then. :D

Am workin on it. He was on neet shift last neet, gets in at 630 and he's still asleep. He's a good keeper like, he was in goal when you played for me. Fat cunt noo like but he's still very good.