5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant response. Have you read that thread? At that point I couldnt make a post about anything without Wacky or Stevie doing there best playground bully impression. More a sad indictment of the board at that time rather than me tbh

I dread the day am too old to play football like. My knees aren't what they were already.

same here, I'm only 21 but was told a few years ago that "most peoples cartilage (or whatever it is that sort of lubricates your joints) is like ice, yours is more like sandpaper" dread my knees going

I'll be devestated the day I can't play footy due to age(as opposed to talent).

I think the 2 go hand-in-hand.

I had a crap season last year and couldn't get myself fit due to a persistent groin problem. I'm 30 now and decided to drop down to my clubs reserve team where its not as serious and all the older players are playing ! I think i'll enjoy playing against crap players rather than having a massive battle every week. :D

Ive played up front all my life. At 21-22, playing on the shoulder of the last man I fancied myself in a flat sprint against any defender in the league. Im 28 now though and I'm nowhere near as quick as I was. I had to pretty much change my whole approach to playing. I struggle to walk most Monday mornings though and I don't reckon I'l have more than 2 seasons left before I'll have to pack XI a side in for good.

I'll be devestated the day I can't play footy due to age(as opposed to talent).

I think the 2 go hand-in-hand.

I had a crap season last year and couldn't get myself fit due to a persistent groin problem. I'm 30 now and decided to drop down to my clubs reserve team where its not as serious and all the older players are playing ! I think i'll enjoy playing against crap players rather than having a massive battle every week. :D

Not me. I'm entirely talentless. I only picked up footy in my mid-teens so was a late learner. I have no pace and a poor first touch. I know my failings though and make up for it by keeping things simple and working harder than anyone else. I'm only now starting to get fitter, stronger and better at 29!

BTW Besty sponsoring Pell £25 to wear my ameobi kit on the great north run, tempted to pick up some shorts and socks too.

I hear the 365 lads have raised quite a lot! :)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Played tonight, we played ok. won 5-1, I was absolutely shite though, heavy weekend plus chest infection plus tabs oh dear. Rest of the lads played well though we were one minute away from a clean sheet. Besty turned out for us at the last minute which was great crack or we wouldn't have been playing, and played well scoring a cracking goal. Murder though I love us keeping clean sheets and we were one minute from doing so. It doesn't matter which centre you play at you pay £30 odd quid for your game and you expect the referee to be competent but they're always shite.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

BTW Besty sponsoring Pell £25 to wear my ameobi kit on the great north run, tempted to pick up some shorts and socks too.

Aye he's raised a canny bit, hope he makes it to the end! :razz:

Reckon he'll wear the top though? :icon_lol:

Played tonight, we played ok. won 5-1, I was absolutely shite though, heavy weekend plus chest infection plus tabs oh dear. Rest of the lads played well though we were one minute away from a clean sheet. Besty turned out for us at the last minute which was great crack or we wouldn't have been playing, and played well scoring a cracking goal. Murder though I love us keeping clean sheets and we were one minute from doing so. It doesn't matter which centre you play at you pay £30 odd quid for your game and you expect the referee to be competent but they're always shite.

Cheers for the game Stevie mate, was a good standard and the pitches are canny.

I'm happy with me one goal like, think I might retire. :woosh: Was knackered second half, doesn't help in 100 degree heat like. :razz:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Aye he's raised a canny bit, hope he makes it to the end! :razz:

Reckon he'll wear the top though? :icon_lol:

Cheers for the game Stevie mate, was a good standard and the pitches are canny.

I'm happy with me one goal like, think I might retire. :woosh: Was knackered second half, doesn't help in 100 degree heat like. :razz:

Aye it doesn't get nee better than that like. You had one of them looks on your face where ye knew ye'd scored a beauty but were trying to hide it. You're welcome though mate, we've got 8 or 9 lads who are in the squad, and they dropped out one by one, it's murder running a five a side team, I'll definitely ask you again you played well. The lads thought you were good and they're normally hard pleased. :doh: The keeper the neet Jay, he's one of my best pals, but he's a dyed in the wool red dippers fan.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
£30 a game?

should see how much ya get charged here at nights for those 5aside pitches, £60 for 45mins most places, fcking scandalous.

our lunchtime game during works great though £24 for Full size 3G pitch for an hour, means we dont have to worry about numbers can take as many as 22 or as little as 12 and play halfpitch.

started to try get myself a night time game as well, none of my mates play football at all and the work crowd play in a centre too far off for me, mum was saying her boss in work and a few of her mates were looking people for theres, whether its a good idea to have me kicking lumps out of my ma's friends is another thing though.

had a great run of form there, 8 goals in 3 games (not bad for me pretty much playing as a full back), scored two unavoidable og's the last 2 games though :razz:, one driven off my shin and looped up over the keeper, other we had a corner on the attack, keeper caught it hoofed it up to loan striker on his own vs our keeper, i pelted back just as he was about to drive it managed to catch up and get my foot to it back to the keeper and keeper let it slip through his hands.. was a bit hard from me but was running full pelt and was either that or he was hammering it home anyways.

know what ya mean about celebrating, scored a screamer on friday, ball bounced i'd my back to a defender about 30 yds out, flicked it over him and me with my left spun round and caught it on the volley right into top corner clipping the bar, normally i keep my mouth shut like you did but couldn't help letting out a "get in ya bastard!" when it was heading for the net :)

Aye £32.50, but that's £65 for 40 minutes. Yous are hiring the pitch for that. £65, and the refs get a tenner per game which is 40 minutes, and they ref four games a neet so that's £40 a neet. Some of them ref 5 days a week so that's a supplementary income of £200 a week, and they're all shite. How some of them interpret the high ball rule is pathetic, knee height "high barrrl". There's ONE good ref down there.

More than half of the 'high balls' that he gave weren't like, he gave me a couple of soft free kicks as well like so I wasn't too arsed. :)

Edited by Besty

Not a big fan of those either Ant, too cramped unfortunately which makes the game seem quite scrappy at times. Also my fitness isn't the best at the moment so running up and down the cunt is a nightmare.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Happy days top of the league team drew last neet, so we made two points on them in the words of Smoggeordie "we're ganna win the league man" :)

I have a match for another team tonight who I've played for recently.

2games left this season. We've won 2(both against the whipping boys) and got 1 walkover. It's run embarrassingly poorly.

:D