From Clubcall so total bollocks, but.....

Craig

I hearly people wrongly accredit Cech, Robben and others to Mourinho, which is an injustice, frankly.

34203[/snapback]

Very true.....

They were Peter Kenyon purchases...

34208[/snapback]

As far as i remember, (but can't say i really care either way) Mourinho was already taking over and gave Chelsea/Kenyon a list of players he wanted and they went after them for him.

34214[/snapback]

That's the runour....

What is known is that Ranieri had absolutely no input on them arriving!

34215[/snapback]

Yeah, definitely nowt to do with Ranieri and i doubt Kenyon is a font of all knowledge as regards top players so its pretty obvious Mourinho dictated that all those players were bought.

34224[/snapback]

but the deals for Robben & Cech were done around january well before Mourinho was being mentioned with any big jobs let alone Chelsea

Oh c'mon.....

it was common knowledge that Mourinho was going to take over...

Just because the press had yet picked it up doesn't necessarily mean it hadn't already happened. Rumours suggest that Mourinho had signed a pre-contract with Chelsea as early as October 2003...

I was talking to a guy who is a Celtic season ticket holder who said O'Neil was big on the long ball. Liked to have a big strong CF to launch it up to.

Sounds great.....

34065[/snapback]

Sorry but that is b*llocks. HE had Henrik Larsson who was 5 foot nowt for his most productive time there. He liked to play it out to wingers Alan Thompson and Didier agathe with 2 strong midfielders. Then have the wingers play it in for His big guy and Larsson. uch the same way we did when we had a fit Shearer and bellamy.

I was talking to a guy who is a Celtic season ticket holder who said O'Neil was big on the long ball. Liked to have a big strong CF to launch it up to.

Sounds great.....

34065[/snapback]

Sorry but that is b*llocks. HE had Henrik Larsson who was 5 foot nowt for his most productive time there. He liked to play it out to wingers Alan Thompson and Didier agathe with 2 strong midfielders. Then have the wingers play it in for His big guy and Larsson. uch the same way we did when we had a fit Shearer and bellamy.

34267[/snapback]

But he also had Hartson & Sutton and a lot of the game was long balls upto one of them for Larsson to feed off.

Sounds great.....

34065[/snapback]

34267[/snapback]

But he also had Hartson & Sutton and a lot of the game was long balls upto one of them for Larsson to feed off.

34285[/snapback]

I just can't agree he mixed it up with a lot of wing play and good crosses but also play through the middle with diagonal through balls for Larsson to outpace defenders with.

Sounds great.....

34065[/snapback]

34267[/snapback]

34285[/snapback]

I just can't agree he mixed it up with a lot of wing play and good crosses but also play through the middle with diagonal through balls for Larsson to outpace defenders with.

34343[/snapback]

Exactly, and to be honest i have not seen Celtic over the last 5-6 years play anymore long balls than we have to Shearer.

It seems now that any team who has a big physical striker up front is classed as a long ball team these days.

O'Neill would be brilliant but I can't see him coming in. It's either out of Allardyce or Pearce for me. Fat Fred won't look anywhere other than the British Isles for our next manager so Ranieri, Hitzfeld, Le Guen etc. have no chance.

Should Souness go this season, I have no doubt that the next manager will be one of three people:

Steve Bruce

David O'Leary

Alan Shearer

Can't see Allardyce coming here, he didn't want it 12 months ago when we were in a considerably better situation and Bolton weren't in Europe so why would he come now??

Pearce is making his mark at Citeh - he'll not come here..

Should Souness go this season, I have no doubt that the next manager will be one of three people:

Steve Bruce

David O'Leary

Alan Shearer

Can't see Allardyce coming here, he didn't want it 12 months ago when we were in a considerably better situation and Bolton weren't in Europe so why would he come now??

Pearce is making his mark at Citeh - he'll not come here..

34603[/snapback]

I know what you mean.

With Allardyce the only differences are if he thinks we have some players he fancies working with and the "Owen Factor" or if he thinks this time he just can't turn it down, because last time he was tempted on his own admission.

Pearce as you say has no reason to leave what he's doing at City.

Also tis time if he goes for Bruce, then Bruce will say yes i'm sure because Brum are in decline if anything, this is not a good situation for us!

Shearer will be offered it first thers little doubt, whether he'll accept short term but not long, long term, or refuse i genuinely have no idea.

O'Leary is like Allardyce, this time he may fancy working with players like Owen and Solano! and may think he can't turn it down twice.