Vicks First Defence

Meenzer

Anyone know if this stuff is any cop, or if it's all just an advertising scam? I've got the kind of sore throat that can only mean a cold is coming on, and since I've had two of the buggers in the last two months and neither has gone away quickly, I wouldn't mind avoiding it this time. ;)

Anyone know if this stuff is any cop, or if it's all just an advertising scam? I've got the kind of sore throat that can only mean a cold is coming on, and since I've had two of the buggers in the last two months and neither has gone away quickly, I wouldn't mind avoiding it this time. ;)

I've used it a couple of times. First time the cold didn't develop, second time it did but it could have been a coincidence both times I suppose. I tend to up my Vit C intake if I feel one coming on. I used the nasal spray it solidifies your snots. Not sure of the science there. Don't eat them though, they taste like shit. Well, Vicks actually.

Right, so we're basically saying I should neck a glass of orange juice now and a tub of Ben & Jerry's later? I think I could get used to this kind of medical advice. ;)

You got it ;) At least you'll have feel good factor!

I guess that in idea circumstances it may be effective, however how you could actually time it to be effective in real terms I dunno.

So basically by the time you've got a soar throat you're probably too late for it to have any effect, but line their pockets. Protein and fluid would probably be a better option by that point.

It worked once for me.

I am now on ashwaganda and echinacea as well slow release broad spectrum vitamins. Have avoided all office illnesses since I began this routine (after months and months of illness). ;)

I've used it a couple of times. First time the cold didn't develop, second time it did but it could have been a coincidence both times I suppose. I tend to up my Vit C intake if I feel one coming on. I used the nasal spray it solidifies your snots. Not sure of the science there. Don't eat them though, they taste like shit. Well, Vicks actually.

;): Take vitamin c and zinc lozenges at first sign of cold (you get them from Holland & Barrett) Work a treat.