Metro Centre

JawD

Noticing while I was out and about the other day. Why is it that the metro centre seems to have been invaded by Polish people selling junk? (do I really want that cream to smooth my hands elbows and knees? get the fuck! Oh, and what about a square of liquid that goes warm..).

Also, how come all sport shops now just sell Charva clothes? Took me ages to find some decent gym stuff (ended up in Soccer World).

;)

Noticing while I was out and about the other day. Why is it that the metro centre seems to have been invaded by Polish people selling junk? (do I really want that cream to smooth my hands elbows and knees? get the fuck! Oh, and what about a square of liquid that goes warm..).

Also, how come all sport shops now just sell Charva clothes? Took me ages to find some decent gym stuff (ended up in Soccer World).

;)

I know what you mean abouts sportswear. I see JD Sports has actually dropped the sports from it's name.

;)

I know what you mean abouts sportswear. I see JD Sports has actually dropped the sports from it's name.

Is it now called "JD innit bruv brappp brapp brapppppp"

If not it should be.

Up here, the likes of Braehead and Buchanan Galleries are plagued with the Chinese selling healing remedies, assorted head massages, soft cushions filled with polystyrene balls, while outside on the streets they're selling luminous sticks or battery powered toy dogs that walk about then flip over. None of it any use to me, or, I suspect, to many others.

JD Sport - there's no sport involved! People who play sport don't generally need XXXL jogging bottoms and hoodies. In years gone by, a sports shop was just that - it sold sports stuff. I remember Intersport in Hexham as a prime example. You could find everything sports-related - tennis and badminton racquets, table-tennis balls, adaptors to put on the end of your bicycle pump to blow up your football. That kind of shop is dying out.

B)

Is it now called "JD innit bruv brappp brapp brapppppp"

If not it should be.

:birthday:

Brrrrrrrrrrrap!

Up here, the likes of Braehead and Buchanan Galleries are plagued with the Chinese selling healing remedies, assorted head massages, soft cushions filled with polystyrene balls, while outside on the streets they're selling luminous sticks or battery powered toy dogs that walk about then flip over. None of it any use to me, or, I suspect, to many others.

JD Sport - there's no sport involved! People who play sport don't generally need XXXL jogging bottoms and hoodies. In years gone by, a sports shop was just that - it sold sports stuff. I remember Intersport in Hexham as a prime example. You could find everything sports-related - tennis and badminton racquets, table-tennis balls, adaptors to put on the end of your bicycle pump to blow up your football. That kind of shop is dying out.

Good old Greggs Sports! Sole supplier of my Toon shirts back in the day. Loved that shop

Good old Greggs Sports! Sole supplier of my Toon shirts back in the day. Loved that shop

ahh yes, greggs boughtall my dart, cricket and footie stuff back in the good old days, (my mate worked there for years!!)

As an aside, I went to Town this afternoon. Fuck me, is that what Xmas is all about? You could hardly get moved.

I thought Newcastle was suprisingly quiet today compared to a week day - for the last month it has been impossible to do anything in a lunchtime, except go to the Northern Rock, as it has been so busy!

Guest stevieintoon

I got my first toon shirt (1987) from a place in the Forum Wallsend never seen them in shops till then.

Dixons Sports was the main sport shop in the toon for a long time and they only used to sell MUFC and LFC tops, same as "St Andrews Sports". The cunts.