Charver scum

Renton

If the government don't address this problem on public transport, I can't see any of us giving up our cars.

I, like many people here have had abuse before from kids. What can you do?

They have nothing to lose, I have a lot to lose and they know it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the government don't address this problem on public transport, I can't see any of us giving up our cars.

35079[/snapback]

I noticed something when I was in Oz. They have a similar culture to ourselves in many ways, not least when it comes to drink. When I was getting a late night bus in Manly after a Saturday night on the hoy there was loads of security at the bus stops and on the buses to help prevent this sort of thing. It certainly made me feel a lot safer.

35079[/snapback]

I noticed something when I was in Oz. They have a similar culture to ourselves in many ways, not least when it comes to drink. When I was getting a late night bus in Manly after a Saturday night on the hoy there was loads of security at the bus stops and on the buses to help prevent this sort of thing. It certainly made me feel a lot safer.

35081[/snapback]

I think it may be the next big business idea!?

Security firms who take on the responsiblity of safety in specific areas. "Transport Bouncers" if you will. It would also free up the Police who surely could do without dealing with pissed wankers every weekend.

Having said that, I would never have allowed the brewers and pubs themselves to have such little responsibility for the consequences of their products.

35079[/snapback]

35081[/snapback]

I think it may be the next big business idea!?

Security firms who take on the responsiblity of safety in specific areas. "Transport Bouncers" if you will. It would also free up the Police who surely could do without dealing with pissed wankers every weekend.

Having said that, I would never have allowed the brewers and pubs themselves to have such little responsibility for the consequences of their products.

35089[/snapback]

'Transport Bouncers' is exactly what they were. The fact they were big burly blokes rather than skinny young kids helped to give the feeling of security.

You have got to tell the Evening Chronical about this or one of the Nationals...the ASBOs ain't doing shit and the government continues to lower police powers. If you can get this to the higher big cats, it could all turn political - and who knows might happen after that.

Bit of harsh criticism is it not? Seem to be a fair few anti-cop posters on here. Have you all got something to hide??

34929[/snapback]

Glad I'm not the only one to be thinking that way. I have a close friend and a couple of relatives who work in the police force and I know for a fact that it's not a job I could do. Very easy to criticize by people who haven't got the first fucking clue as to some of the things the police have to deal with though by the looks of things..

34937[/snapback]

My opinion of the police is based on anecdotal evidence as of course is my opinion of charvers. My experiences are admittedly mainly with Irish cops but I have lived in England for a couple of years and do know 2 ex Met cops, both of whom left. I don't believe in bad people but victims of cirumstance, I think a bad cop is a victim of much better circumstances than alot of these charvers. Why get so uproarious about a couple of rather tame opinions of cops when there are some far more brutal opinions of the other?

I think ideally each person must be judged individually and ultimately we are all responsible for each other's actions but in practical terms I have to lay blame and make generalisations. Opinions should never be made emotionally but you only have to read this thread to realise they are.

And no, I don't particularly have anything to hide, I am though a private person when it comes to government.

Do you not think it's a little ironic to make the judgement I've highlighted? And I've just read you telling Wacky to get off his high horse in another thread. Why? Did you want to borrow it?

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

35170[/snapback]

No, not really mate. I've put across my reasons as best I can but the last comment's clearly tongue in cheek. I can understand why ScaryCatLady has reacted like that when she feels personally about it, plus being a woman she'll have certain disadvantages I have to take into account.

35170[/snapback]

No, not really mate. I've put across my reasons as best I can but the last comment's clearly tongue in cheek. I can understand why ScaryCatLady has reacted like that when she feels personally about it, plus being a woman she'll have certain disadvantages I have to take into account.

35173[/snapback]

I was only arsing about too though! :razz:

As for those womanly "disadvantages"......watch your back, this could get messy!

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

35170[/snapback]

35173[/snapback]

No need to patronise me at the same time like. :razz:

I accept what you're saying but my comments about the police were based on many things that I've read on here over time where they get slagged off to the hilt and I don't believe it is always justified. "The police do nothing" is simply untrue, and I stand by my comment that many people don't have the first idea about what some police officers do in their daily work. Some things they have to deal with are horrible beyond imagination.

As for Wacky's post, I just don't see why someone can get so het up about people doing a fun run to the point that they get called "cunts" who should throw themselves off the Tyne Bridge. My response came following a conversation with a family member who had done the run and watched two people being resuscitated unsuccessfully. I felt it was unnecessary in the context of the thread which was highlighting the fact that people had lost their lives.

35170[/snapback]

35173[/snapback]

No need to patronise me at the same time like. :razz:

I accept what you're saying but my comments about the police were based on many things that I've read on here over time where they get slagged off to the hilt and I don't believe it is always justified. "The police do nothing" is simply untrue, and I stand by my comment that many people don't have the first idea about what some police officers do in their daily work. Some things they have to deal with are horrible beyond imagination.

As for Wacky's post, I just don't see why someone can get so het up about people doing a fun run to the point that they get called "cunts" who should throw themselves off the Tyne Bridge. My response came following a conversation with a family member who had done the run and watched two people being resuscitated unsuccessfully. I felt it was unnecessary in the context of the thread which was highlighting the fact that people had lost their lives.

35463[/snapback]

But bombs on tubes are funny?!

You can't pluck my heartstrings this time I'm afraid.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! seems to be making light of it. In any case, isn't it hypocritical to not give a shit about this ("You can't pluck my heartstrings this time I'm afraid") on the basis that others joked about the London Bombings?

You think you actually mean enough to me for me to try and pluck your heartstrings? :razz: I'm merely expressing my opinion in this case and you dragging up posts that are in an entirely different context from months ago isn't going to make me suddenly agree with you or change my view.

Edited by catmag

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! seems to be making light of it. In any case, isn't it hypocritical to not give a shit about this ("You can't pluck my heartstrings this time I'm afraid") on the basis that others joked about the London Bombings?

35487[/snapback]

I was taking the mick out of THEM for getting in a tizzy! :blink: I've had it done to me enough times, so it's only fair I can enjoy it when someone else is getting rattled.

I never said I didn't care about the runners who died either. I was highlighting the fact that catmag was asking for consideration when she was happy to make fun of other tragedies.

Anyway alex, I'm sure catmag can argue with me if she thinks I've been unfair.

:razz:

You think you actually mean enough to me for me to try and pluck your heartstrings?  :razz:  I'm merely expressing my opinion in this case and you dragging up posts that are in an entirely different context from months ago isn't going to make me suddenly agree with you or change my view.

35490[/snapback]

I've made a fair point. The timing is irrelevant. As for how much we mean to eachother.....I imagine it's about the same! :blink:

(LOADS!!!)

35487[/snapback]

I was taking the mick out of THEM for getting in a tizzy! :o I've had it done to me enough times, so it's only fair I can enjoy it when someone else is getting rattled.

I never said I didn't care about the runners who died either. I was highlighting the fact that catmag was asking for consideration when she was happy to make fun of other tragedies.

:blink:

35492[/snapback]

I'm sure she can too ;)

And I don't recall asking for any kind of consideration or agreement from anyone. Once again - I was expressing my opinion from my experiences, and explaining why I found some earlier comments unjustified. Unlike some people, I don't need to stamp my feet if the majority don't agree with me. :razz:

35487[/snapback]

I was taking the mick out of THEM for getting in a tizzy! :o I've had it done to me enough times, so it's only fair I can enjoy it when someone else is getting rattled.

35492[/snapback]

What does "You can't pluck my heartstrings this time I'm afraid" mean then?

35487[/snapback]

35492[/snapback]

What does "You can't pluck my heartstrings this time I'm afraid" mean then?

35498[/snapback]

Pointing out that it was bad that people died just because SHE had some family connection to it.

It'll be obvious to most people here (and probably the pair of you) what I meant. As we have a finite amount of time on this planet, I suggest we stop splitting hairs. I've made my point and you've made yours.