Should Sam be allowed to spend big?

Big TRon

Can't say I'm too impressed with the Wes Brown pursuit either. I would have thought midfield and forward positions need looking at before bringing in another 'versatile' defender. I'm not sure how much difference another defender will make - the reason we concede goals is because we don't keep posession so the defence is under constant pressure.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else gettin tired of the constant bullshit on hear????

Smith and barton are shit bla blah blah, martins and milner are shit blah blah blah, we are shit blah blah blah......Oh yeah Big sam out blah blah blah!

How fickle are some on hea and even more so in st james park!

Smith is a quality player yes we havnt seem him score goals YET but he has been one of our most commited players, and when your clubs in the mire you need that! As for barton yes he came with baggage and attitude problems, but his performance have been poor becasue of his fitness! He was braught back to early!

Martins is a great player but a player who needs confidence around him and a partner who he's gonna play with for majority of the season and smith is my choice.

Milner well.....he's got great ability but another that needs confidence.

That being said....no we arent shit, were struggling to get going, and no big sam shouldnt be sacked, he needs time and money.

So i conclude in saying this....

We as a club need to lose this "we want it now" attitude, we are still in the process of being restructured, so yes give big same money, not alot but enough to bring in wes brown and dean ashton and maybe a creative midfielder, id say 20 mil...its a gamble to buy now but we do need to buy and we are in a position where we can. So back him

Smith and barton are shit bla blah blah, martins and milner are shit blah blah blah, we are shit blah blah blah......Oh yeah Big sam out blah blah blah!

How fickle are some on hea and even more so in st james park!

Smith is a quality player yes we havnt seem him score goals YET but he has been one of our most commited players, and when your clubs in the mire you need that! As for barton yes he came with baggage and attitude problems, but his performance have been poor becasue of his fitness! He was braught back to early!

Martins is a great player but a player who needs confidence around him and a partner who he's gonna play with for majority of the season and smith is my choice.

Milner well.....he's got great ability but another that needs confidence.

That being said....no we arent shit, were struggling to get going, and no big sam shouldnt be sacked, he needs time and money.

So i conclude in saying this....

We as a club need to lose this "we want it now" attitude, we are still in the process of being restructured, so yes give big same money, not alot but enough to bring in wes brown and dean ashton and maybe a creative midfielder, id say 20 mil...its a gamble to buy now but we do need to buy and we are in a position where we can. So back him

Many on here are fickle and some of your comments air fair, but barton came with baggage fukd up yet again and has strung together extremely shit performances, which you say are because of fitness concerns. How do you know that he wasn't fit? The fact that he has played shitter than i could imagine as in he hasn't done anythin noticable for about 10 games. The penalty at fulham was the only positive thing he has done this season in my eyes and the sooner we see the back of him the better. Yes he has talent, but he has been shite and has overstepped the mark in terms of discipline.

I'll give you a hint, you use your ear to hear and posting on here it is neither here nor there!

That aside, yes I'm getting sick of the constant bullshit on here and your post stinks of it.

Ferguson has never let a "quality" player leave and play for another team in the premier league - ever.

Barton is to Allardyce as Bowyer was to SBR a gamble that hasn't paid of and inevitably has ended in tears. For Barton not being fit, unless you are Joey and I highly doubt it because he would know the difference between brought and bought, you are talking out your arse. Allardyce prides himself on preparing his team and rushing an unfit Joey Barton, who played three games for the stiffs before he even saw the bench, is the sort of thing Allardyce assures us he doesn't do.

That being said with the players we have we shouldn't be playing as we are, so no matter which way you cut it there are problems.

I said in another post, who in their right mind would want to play in this shower of shite that Allardyce is orchestrating?

Up and coming players looking to enhance their reputation, no.

Quality players that want European football, no fucking way.

No hopers that other teams don't want because their baggage isn't worth the risk and old men looking for that last pay day, so it's Diouf and what's Hierro up to these days? He's a big Sam type of player.

If the squad can be improved by players that are available at a fair price, then of course Mort/Ashley/allerdyce should be trying to buy them. Why is this even a question?

Because if he blows £30 million on shit then gets the sack at the end of the season (which in my opinion is looking likely) then, well, we'll have £30m pounds worth of shit footballers the next manager probably wont fancy.

If the squad can be improved by players that are available at a fair price, then of course Mort/Ashley/allerdyce should be trying to buy them. Why is this even a question?

Because if he blows £30 million on shit then gets the sack at the end of the season (which in my opinion is looking likely) then, well, we'll have £30m pounds worth of shit footballers the next manager probably wont fancy.

Yes. And with City and Villa both having made formal moves for Martins, imagine what a tit Sam will look if Oba starts scoring again once he's played as a central striker.

Edited by Big TRon

Yes. And with City and Villa both having made formal moves for Martins, imagine what a tit Sam will look if Oba starts scoring again once he's played as a central striker.

You know it will happen as well. :dunno:

I didnt suggest he should blow 30 million on shit though, I would assume there is some sort of process where targets ae identified, the improvements they are expected to bring discussed, a level of fee we are willing to pay agreed between board and manager, and then they try and get the player signed.

This sort of discusion is stupid. If we are to have any chance of any success at all there has to be a structure that can provide it. Allerdyce may well not be the man to bring success, but he certainly wont if he isnt even allowed to try and improve the team. If they genuinely dont think he can do the job they have to get rid of him. No-one is convinced he will definitely succeed, but if they arent going to sack him they have to provide him with the means to succeed. Failing that they need to find somebody they will support and install them

Mort Ashley and Allerdyce all have to be in agreement with where we are, where we want to be and what we need to do to get there or we will end up much worse than we are now. If theyare going to sack Allerdyce at the end of the season because Mourinho or the like has been lined up then fair enough.

We should be asking if Ashley and Mort know how to run the club in a way that will bring success, how they deal with Allerdyce will help us find out

One of the things that gets on my goat is the pro-Allardyce supporters keep spouting that he's only spent 12m pounds so far at Newcastle but the truth is he's had upwards of 25m and honestly look at the players he brought to the club?!??

It appears he's a manager that just can't be trusted with a large budget, give him a pitance and he's more likely to fluke a reasonable tranfer or two.

One of the things that gets on my goat is the pro-Allardyce supporters keep spouting that he's only spent 12m pounds so far at Newcastle but the truth is he's had upwards of 25m and honestly look at the players he brought to the club?!??

It appears he's a manager that just can't be trusted with a large budget, give him a pitance and he's more likely to fluke a reasonable tranfer or two.

There is no budget, he picks targets and gets a yes or no from Mort.

You've said that before but there's obviously a 'budget'.

Obvious in so far as he won't be given £100m.

Going on BSA and Morts comments this is how it works. Are you saying that in secret Mort has told BSA he has £X m to spend?

Ok, I'd rather the club said NO outright to any target Allardyce that costs more than 2m pounds.

And as Alex said, of course there is a budget.

Ok, I'd rather the club said NO outright to any target Allardyce that costs more than 2m pounds.

So if BSA found out Deco really likes Stottie cakes, snow and percentage football, you'd veto it?

So if BSA found out Deco really likes Stottie cakes, snow and percentage football, you'd veto it?

Is he the owner or the chairman like?

Yep, because the bugger is so short he just be sitting on the bench watching the ball go backwards and forwards over the midfielders heads anyway.

He's more likely to want to spend 8m on Kevin Nolan because he's 6' plus. Sam is a bit like disneyland, you have to be a certain height to play on his ride.

Going on BSA and Morts comments this is how it works. Are you saying that in secret Mort has told BSA he has £X m to spend?

Maybe he has, I don't know. The fact you concede there is a limit suggests there is a budget. It's all semantics though. I would imagine they've already discussed potential targets and how high they would bid for each etc. That's a budget even if they haven't said you have precisely £30m to spend or whatever.

Maybe he has, I don't know. The fact you concede there is a limit suggests there is a budget. It's all semantics though. I would imagine they've already discussed potential targets and how high they would bid for each etc. That's a budget even if they haven't said you have precisely £30m to spend or whatever.

Not in any normal sense of the word.

Not in any normal sense of the word.

Of course it is you tit.