Shearer & Keegan

spongebob toonpants

OK Colour me Chav and point me at the nearest Sky Sports Camera

I am nailing my colours to the mast - I am sitting grinning at the prospect (I do a have a couple on board)

Lets be honest it would be frenzy, and I am now at the stage where anything else will be a disapointment (the special one excepted ldo)

its so crazy its brilliant, come on Ashley - roll your hat!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I'd prefer Van Gaal, Hiddink, Jose, Lippi, Ranieri etc

I'd even prefer Houllier, either on his own or with Shearer.

But I'd be ok with Shearer and Keegan. I think ANY manager is now a risk, so why not it be someon who might get some passion into the players?

You don't think Keegan was worse in his time post-Newcastle than Redknapp has been in a similar period?

You don't think Keegan was better in his spell at Newcastle than Redknapp has been in his whole career?

You don't think Keegan was worse in his time post-Newcastle than Redknapp has been in a similar period?

I don't think Newcastle are particularly missing someone to come up with amazing tactics and training sessions. We're missing someone to come and motivate.

Guest Patrokles

I don't think Newcastle are particularly missing someone to come up with amazing tactics and training sessions. We're missing someone to come and motivate.

We'll have two of those with Keegan and Shearer. Where's the other half?

Guest Patrokles

You don't think Keegan was better in his spell at Newcastle than Redknapp has been in his whole career?

Should we have signed Robert before Derby, then?

eh?

Keegan still has all the senses that made him a quality manager for us, Robert is an old man that hasn't played for 12 months.

I'm not saying Keegan is my number one choice, but if it's between Hughes and Keegan, I know Keegan would get more support and (as a result) more out of the players.

Other half of what?

Regardless of what Keegan did after leaving us, he still has a great deal he could teach someone like Shearer. As I've said before, I'd prefer Houllier, but I think we're at a stage where we'll stuggle to get someone like him.

We need someone like Shearer because he understands the club and the fans. However, we need someone alongside him who knows the job.

Guest Patrokles

eh?

Keegan still has all the senses that made him a quality manager for us, Robert is an old man that hasn't played for 12 months.

I'm not saying Keegan is my number one choice, but if it's between Hughes and Keegan, I know Keegan would get more support and (as a result) more out of the players.

I'd disagree. Keegan is as past it managerially as Robert is on the pitch.

Guest Patrokles

Other half of what?

Regardless of what Keegan did after leaving us, he still has a great deal he could teach someone like Shearer. As I've said before, I'd prefer Houllier, but I think we're at a stage where we'll stuggle to get someone like him.

We need someone like Shearer because he understands the club and the fans. However, we need someone alongside him who knows the job.

Other half being the tactics side of things which is still vitally important if you want the club to get back into the top 4.

eh?

Suprised anyone would prefer Hughes to Keegan.

Hughes never even had it, never mind lost it.

eh?

Have you ever seen "The wild geese"?

Come on...one last job!!!

Guest Patrokles

eh?

Not sure where the Hughes bit came from. :lol:

eh?

Not sure where the Hughes bit came from. :lol:

Where I said "if it's between Hughes and Keegan"

Hughe's is the current favourite.