Munich Disaster

Barney

I think Bobby Charlton said before that Edwards was the only player who ever made him feel inferior, that's some statement.

There is no doubt in my mind who would have been receiving the world cup in 1966 had he lived. Bobby Moore is remembered as an all-time great but I wonder how many games he'd have played for England had Edwards survived.

Duncan Edwards

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression Duncan Edwards was a midfield player.

More likely the that skinny git stiles would have been out of the team rather than Moore.

Like Moore he was a 'half back' in the old formation of 2 full backs, 1 centre half and 2 half backs. Probably a cross between the modern day ball playing centre back and the defensive midfielder.

Rooney yellow carded for diving, misses the derby commemoration match. There's some sweet justice in that.

thought i felt a shudder :razz:

I just watched a few Programs on this, ''Munich Remembered' etc.

Tbh before hand i didn't know too much about it but these programs were quite educational and it is a really sad story. The following program was Sir Bobby Charlton's view of the events - he is obviously genuinely mournful and quite amazingly not just doing it for the attention.

Called himself a Geordie like...

I'm guessing some sort of flux capacitor was used so this photo could be taken?

You would think though with all the effort of actually going back in time they could have went just that little bit further to prevent the accident.

I just watched a few Programs on this, ''Munich Remembered' etc.

Tbh before hand i didn't know too much about it but these programs were quite educational and it is a really sad story. The following program was Sir Bobby Charlton's view of the events - he is obviously genuinely mournful and quite amazingly not just doing it for the attention.

Called himself a Geordie like...

He's never been one to say much on it so I've been told like.

Edited by @yourservice

You would think though with all the effort of actually going back in time they could have went just that little bit further to prevent the accident.

Apparently both teams will be wearing the original kits from '58 on Sunday. And, as the picture shows a little, the players will all be wearing black boots :P for the occasion. Quite why all this was felt necessary defeats me.

Apparently both teams will be wearing the original kits from '58 on Sunday. And, as the picture shows a little, the players will all be wearing black boots :P for the occasion. Quite why all this was felt necessary defeats me.

Lets hope the Citeh keeper doesn't play on with a broken neck

*waits for the tasteful merchandise*

:D

retro.jpg

Giggs, Neville, Scholes, BROWN!?!?!? What am I missing here, how does he rate with the other three? Christ, he's nearly shit enough to get sold to us!

who of the rest of the first team has been at united longer than him?

I'm actually asking as well as trying to prove a point because I'm not sure

Why would that even be relevant?

are you talking about my point or his?

'Blackness'.

you really actually have to ask about that?

Yes I would have to ask why a token black player is being included in a photo of apparently other time served and experienced but accidentaly white Man U players in a memorial of the busby babes.