Do you have a chip on your shoulder?

Asprilla

AF, if anyone with an accent is working class than why does my boss drive a merc, own a boat, play golf on a weekend, live in a mansion and still speak with a geordie accent?

36593[/snapback]

Wannabe southerner tbh.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AF, if anyone with an accent is working class than why does my boss drive a merc, own a boat, play golf on a weekend, live in a mansion and still speak with a geordie accent?

36593[/snapback]

I never said accent defines someones class, but unfortunately society seems to.

You don't make friends easily either, do you?

36568[/snapback]

You'd be surprised what I was like in real life.

I have a few really good friends but I'm not really one for having tons of meaningless "mates".

I can be antisocial, but when I want to be, I'm a pretty likeable chap.

I use places like this to say the things I'd think but maybe not say. It's like a dummy run to see how poeple think.

36575[/snapback]

So calling Gol an idiot was a sociological experiment?

36577[/snapback]

However, he is deliberately getting arsey about an opinion I never personally claimed to hold.

36581[/snapback]

Am I? ;)

what the hell is this?

this whole "Do you have a chip on your shoulder", does this not simply mean "Do you have prejudice"

yes... everyone does... sometimes it's not extreme prejudice, but everybody makes decisions and colors their reactions depending on the perception of aesthetics of the person.

it could be the accent, the color, the weight, the baldness whatever... EVERYBODY does this, so I really don't understan the point of this thread.. it seems to be AF wanting people to talk to him and not looking upon this cockerny wanker with the utter contempt all southerners deserve...

Steves the worst, he's an uber southerner...

36593[/snapback]

I never said accent defines someones class, but unfortunately society seems to.

36596[/snapback]

Surely the views of society define class boundaries though.

Am I?   ;)

36599[/snapback]

You seemed to be.

BTW, did you see my apology? :wacko:

36603[/snapback]

Shouldn't assume things :huh:

And yes, but it wasn't me requesting the apology. If I respected your views then your put-down would have had more effect.

what the hell is this?

this whole "Do you have a chip on your shoulder", does this not simply mean "Do you have prejudice"

yes... everyone does... sometimes it's not extreme prejudice, but everybody makes decisions and colors their reactions depending on the perception of aesthetics of the person.

it could be the accent, the color, the weight, the baldness whatever... EVERYBODY  does this, so I really don't understan the point of this thread.. it seems to be AF wanting people to talk to him and not looking upon this cockerny wanker with the utter contempt all southerners deserve...

Steves the worst, he's an uber southerner...

36601[/snapback]

No, as I've said before it's a genuine question.

If it's above your head then just move on.

Also, I'm not from London so the cockney thing's a bit out too.

Am I?   ;)

36599[/snapback]

You seemed to be.

BTW, did you see my apology? :wacko:

36603[/snapback]

Shouldn't assume things :huh:

And yes, but it wasn't me requesting the apology. If I respected your views then your put-down would have had more effect.

36604[/snapback]

Well I tried to be nice back.

No need for the little rabbit punch you fucking coward.

I'm sure you've claimed to be from London before though.

36608[/snapback]

No. I lived there but I never claimed to be a Londoner.

36610[/snapback]

So where are you from?

36606[/snapback]

over my head? that's a good one, in a thread about chips on shoulders...

actually only a very very small section of London can claim to be cockerny, those born within the sounds of the Bow Bells, but I'm sure as a genius and social commentator of talent and poise, you'd know this already.

AF, this thread just acts a reminder of differences, which is surely not your intent?

if it is a genuine question, then it's a pretty pointless one. You may as well have asked if everyone has a functioning set of lungs.

you really are a pointless little man

36606[/snapback]

over my head? that's a good one, in a thread about chips on shoulders...

actually only a very very small section of London can claim to be cockerny, those born within the sounds of the Bow Bells, but I'm sure as a genius and social commentator of talent and poise, you'd know this already.

AF, this thread just acts a reminder of differences, which is surely not your intent?

if it is a genuine question, then it's a pretty pointless one. You may as well have asked if everyone has a functioning set of lungs.

you really are a pointless little man

36612[/snapback]

Well how come there are people posting in it?

And just FYI, I'm relatively tall. ;)

I'm sure you've claimed to be from London before though.

36608[/snapback]

No. I lived there but I never claimed to be a Londoner.

36610[/snapback]

So where are you from?

36611[/snapback]

The South West.

OOOH ARRR!

most of the threads seem to be either you defending the thread or people mocking it.

guess you're right though and I'm just being a dick cos I've a chip on my shoulder.

bliddy bumpkins

* "Rooney is from Liverpool and everyone from that city has a chip on their shoulder, so if an injustice is done to him on the pitch, of course he is going to react" - Sir Alex Ferguson.

I'd put Craig Bellamy on a Bus to the Gallowgate and have play alongside Owen, but I guess that's never gonna happen so instead I'll revert to type and call for Freddy's resignation and Souness' sacking.