Anyone worried?

smoggeordie

yup. we need at least another 4 wins to be sure of securing top flight status. i can't see where our next goal let alone our next win is coming from. boro is a massive game. must win. anything less could set the tone for a relegation battle. we've dropped far too many points at home.

Its Deja Vu isn't it...

We were saying the same thing at this point over the last few years...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the goals gonna come from?

I would probably be asking where is the supply gonna come from - certainly not milner and duff by the looks of it - and unless emre suddenly turns into gheorgie hadgi then not from midfield either

That's the issue, even a totally immobile and out of form Owen will score with decent supply.

The problem is NUFC haven't had that since.... I dunno Robert left maybe? Before that probably. Certainly we've been crying out for a creative midfielder (which Emre shows no sign of being) for 3 seasons now.

The press are making a big deal of the fact we've played 3, not scored, and conceeded 6, but it deosn't actually tell the real story does it? We've had Arsenal away twice for fucks sake.

No sales in that.

I would probably be asking where is the supply gonna come from - certainly not milner and duff by the looks of it - and unless emre suddenly turns into gheorgie hadgi then not from midfield either

That's the issue, even a totally immobile and out of form Owen will score with decent supply.

The problem is NUFC haven't had that since.... I dunno Robert left maybe? Before that probably. Certainly we've been crying out for a creative midfielder (which Emre shows no sign of being) for 3 seasons now.

Is that necessarily the case?? Could it be that our wide players are suffering from Owen's immobility and the 'support striker' eg Smith, Ameobi, Viduka just not being good enough to find space and get into scoring positions ?

Is that necessarily the case?? Could it be that our wide players are suffering from Owen's immobility and the 'support striker' eg Smith, Ameobi, Viduka just not being good enough to find space and get into scoring positions ?

Probably both, but we've got what we've got at the moment.

But with the current supply the best, most complete, all around striker in the world is going to struggle (and we don't have that, at best we have forwards with serious flaws in one respect or another).

So on balance only the supply issue can really be lessened without new players, Owen (at least) will score if the quality of supply is there.

He was making some canny runs last night like. But as has been said so many times he's nowhere near as quick off the mark to react anymore, were he could turn a half decent ball into a decent ball, now it has to be pretty perfect for him.

He was making some canny runs last night like. But as has been said so many times he's nowhere near as quick off the mark to react anymore, were he could turn a half decent ball into a decent ball, now it has to be pretty perfect for him.

I didn't see the game. I did hear a comment from someone on the radio that Owen's shot seems to be powder-puff these days. From the extremely limited amount that I have seen of Owen, the comment seemed to have some merit.

Anyone agree/disagree ??

I did hear a comment from someone on the radio that Owen's shot seems to be powder-puff these days. From the extremely limited amount that I have seen of Owen, the comment seemed to have some merit.

Anyone agree/disagree ??

Yes, it appears to be the case. Even Shearer lost all his pace you at least knew he could still hit the ball with power.

Owen just doesn't even seem to have that left.

I think Owen is more one for placing or rolling the ball as opposed to hammering it. Problem at the moment I reckon is not getting into positions to be able to do that and he is not getting the support form players around him to do that. I think with many of our players, some more than others, we need to see if KK can make them more effective in our team. Owen (and MArtins tbf) being two good examples.

understand that folk are cheesed off, but could anyone have expected us to win those games under alardyce?

I don't think anybody did tbh, but there was always hope :icon_lol: it's not until the final whistle goes and then it kicks in how much shite we could be in, the transfer window is about to end soon and seriously if they don't get one forward or creative midfielder in, then it will be danger!

KK was on Sky yesterday saying that Emre will be a big player for us, that may be his answer to the creative midfield problem. Maybe Kev can do what BS,Souness and Roeder failed to do and get him to play to his potential. Big fuckin maybe tho`

<<insert 10 foot tall gag>>

Keegan's had games against the two extremes now. Arsenal like acres of space, passing rather than running, Bolton hoy 10 men behind the ball and chase down everything. The fact that we've created more chances in the two games against the leagues top team, than we ever looked like creating against Bolton is a worry in terms of not having a top class door opener who can punish weaker teams for sitting back. Hitting the bar, Smith missing a sitter from 5 yards out and a couple of other half chances going begging against Arsenal is more worrying for me though, because even if we create chances against the poorer teams, no-one looks like being able to take them.

We really miss Martins and Viduka in all honesty. With Zoggy at left back our highest scoring attacking player only has 2 goals.