Support Spain

bawan

The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philippos of Greece)

"Even more irksome was the wariness with which the British regarded Philip when he first came on the royal scene. A poll taken in 1947 revealed widespread dismay at Philip's alien origins. Never mind that he was, like Elizabeth, a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria. To the public he became 'Phil the Greek', an opprobrious nickname which still surfaces from time to time today. It was inaccurate. Philip was born a Prince of Greece, but his ancestry was actually Danish and German. The nickname was none the less wounding for that, though."

He line is oringinally from the House of Hannover crossed with the Danes. The Danes had the practice of exporting Royalty and Royal lines to countries where the natives didn't really trust each other to run things. :D

Our Royals are mostly Krauts as well Stevie if you were wondering. Saxe Coburg Goethe till the name changes. :D

Aye but if a Paki is born in England, are they Pakistani or English? They're English of course they are, so Phil remains Greek till the day he dies.

Hang on, my brother was born in Singapore but he's English :P If a dog's born in a stable it doesn't make them a horse. Still, I must admit I've always thought Phil was Greek.

Getting back to the main topic, I'm not supporting anyone in particular, I lose interest when my team's not playing.

Well to be honest Newcastle were never going to qualify for this one :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Even more irksome was the wariness with which the British regarded Philip when he first came on the royal scene. A poll taken in 1947 revealed widespread dismay at Philip's alien origins. Never mind that he was, like Elizabeth, a great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria. To the public he became 'Phil the Greek', an opprobrious nickname which still surfaces from time to time today. It was inaccurate. Philip was born a Prince of Greece, but his ancestry was actually Danish and German. The nickname was none the less wounding for that, though."

He line is oringinally from the House of Hannover crossed with the Danes. The Danes had the practice of exporting Royalty and Royal lines to countries where the natives didn't really trust each other to run things. :icon_lol:

Our Royals are mostly Krauts as well Stevie if you were wondering. Saxe Coburg Goethe till the name changes. :D

Aye but if a Paki is born in England, are they Pakistani or English? They're English of course they are, so Phil remains Greek till the day he dies.

Hang on, my brother was born in Singapore but he's English :P If a dog's born in a stable it doesn't make them a horse. Still, I must admit I've always thought Phil was Greek.

Getting back to the main topic, I'm not supporting anyone in particular, I lose interest when my team's not playing.

Good point :D

He line is oringinally from the House of Hannover crossed with the Danes. The Danes had the practice of exporting Royalty and Royal lines to countries where the natives didn't really trust each other to run things. :D

It's not in the interests of the 'Royals' to tell people anything meaningful.

Would rather Newcastle won a throw in and all that bollocks. Yeah right.

I'd rather Newcastle were relegated than England won the World Cup. Is that how it works?

Call yourself a fan. I'd rather Newcastle won the world cup than England were relegated.

Id rather England won Newcastle and the World Cup got relegated tbh

I'd rather Newcastle were relegated than England won the World Cup. Is that how it works?

Call yourself a fan. I'd rather Newcastle won the world cup than England were relegated.

If we keep going at this rate I'm going to end up breaking the internet again.

If we keep going at this rate I'm going to end up breaking the internet again.

:P

Last time was fun though

Supporting Italy so an englishman can lift a second major trophy for them in 2 years... Perotta :D

Good point

Place of birth = Ashton-under-Lyne, England

I may join you in the Italy supporting, then i wouldn't have to be so outraged when they cheat :P

Supporting Italy so an englishman can lift a second major trophy for them in 2 years... Perotta :D

Good point

Place of birth = Ashton-under-Lyne, England

I may join you in the Italy supporting, then i wouldn't have to be so outraged when they cheat :P

haha but there damn good at getting away with it! :D