Keep widening that door

LeazesMag

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole topic seems pointless to me because it isn't going to happen Muslims are in the minority and they are a really small minority and of course Shia Muslims will be an even smaller minority.

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.
He says Muslims should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty".

As for these bits that's just tough luck on them if they want to live here they have to abide by the laws of the country, same as I would if I wanted to live in another country.

Edited by Barton7

'Sharia' i.e. law's based on the Koran / Muslim doctrines rather than 'shia' btw. I'd have concerns about this being the 'thin end of the wedge' were it to happen. It's the Archbishop of Canterbury though. Difficult to think of a less influencial windbag.

'Sharia' i.e. law's based on the Koran / Muslim doctrines rather than 'shia' btw. I'd have concerns about this being the 'thin end of the wedge' were it to happen. It's the Archbishop of Canterbury though. Difficult to think of a less influencial windbag.

Ahh right but not all Muslims actually like it at all do they. To be honest he's just probably trying to drum up a bit of religious hatred/make more people Christian rather than Atheist.

the danger being of course that someone well known has such views and airs them where they will be noticed by other fuckin nutters just like him, and there are plenty of them

Would anyone has said anything like this only 10 years ago ?

What will be the position in 10 years time ?

Past the point of no return possibly, and still the bandwagon rolls on and with sympathisers who haven't a clue what they are allowing to happen to this country

Ahh right but not all Muslims actually like it at all do they. To be honest he's just probably trying to drum up a bit of religious hatred/make more people Christian rather than Atheist.

When you read it I don't think that's what he's doing. He seems to be trying for some sort of compromise. Personally I'd be dead against it. If you break the laws of the land, you get prosecuted. There's been too much 'cultural sensitivity' in the past in the UK imo which has, if anything, created divisions and fuelled racism.

the danger being of course that someone well known has such views and airs them where they will be noticed by other fuckin nutters just like him, and there are plenty of them

Would anyone has said anything like this only 10 years ago ?

What will be the position in 10 years time ?

Past the point of no return possibly, and still the bandwagon rolls on and with sympathisers who haven't a clue what they are allowing to happen to this country

It's just the view of one person though. He happens to be able to air his views publicly but that's all he's doing. When was the last time someone in his position influenced government policy?

When you read it I don't think that's what he's doing. He seems to be trying for some sort of compromise . Personally I'd be dead against it. If you break the laws of the land, you get prosecuted. There's been too much 'cultural sensitivity' in the past in the UK imo which has, if anything, created divisions and fuelled racism.

leading to more compromise, and more, and more.

Fuckin nutcase should fuck off to Iran or somewhere else to preach his Christian beliefs and tell them where they are all going wrong too

Country on the way to complete ruin, getting worse all the time. Fact.

How though Leazes? I'm not advocating a compromise. You highlight one word and miss out the rest of my post. And get a grip man! I don't believe Jesus was the son of God etc. so why should I take any notice of this bloke's opinions of the Law, or how he envisages it in the future? What are saying, he shouldn't be allowed to air opinions like that?

Edited by alex

How though Leazes? I'm not advocating a compromise. You highlight one word and miss out the rest of my post. And get a grip man! I don't believe Jesus was the son of God etc. so why should I take any notice of this bloke's opinions of the Law, or how he envisages it in the future? What are saying, he shouldn't be allowed to air opinions like that?

I'm agreeing with you Alex, generally.

Its not the principle of him having an opinion which is the problem, its the fact that he's a fucking fruitcake in a position of influence, and with a lot of other fruitcakes who will agree with him, not to mention the sizedable number who will be quite happy with this

We should have stopped "compromising" years ago

Edited by LeazesMag

I agree with you both I don't see how it's a thing we can possibly compromise over the law is the law, honor killings and all these other things are just plain wrong and should never ever be accepted, woman are treat like 2nd class citizens (probably worse than that) in Sharia law and to be honest it sounds rather boring to be a bloke under that law as well.

The daftest part about it is that countries in the middle east are alot harsher than us beheading terrorists etc. So I can see why they think we are such soft touches over here and why they think they can bring in their laws because ours don't sit comfortably with them. What is most annoying is if you say anything along these lines you get branded racist I have never had a problem with anyone that lives here peacefully but all this changing the laws to suit them rubbish I'm not having that.

I do agree that people in this country are often indifferent and sheeplike but I doubt they'd let something like this go ahead and I'd hope our government will never sanction it.

I'm agreeing with you Alex, generally.

Its not his opinion, its the fact that he's a fucking fruitcake in a position of influence, and with a lot of other fruitcakes who will agree with him, not to mention the sizedable number who will be quite happy with this

We should have stopped "compromising" years ago

Cool. As an aside, remember the old Bishop of Durham? Now he was nutty as a fruitcake.

Another problem for me with any type of relgious / highly moralistic laws are that they are normally advocated by total hypocrites anyway who are too fucking bothered about stopping other people's fun.

Wonder if I'll get the flak I've had in the past when I've posted stuff like this or are people starting to get it ?

No and no :D

the first "no" is all that needs to be said :P