Keegan interview on bbc radio Newcastle

Jimbo

It wasn't until the interview was over that the thought occured to me that I wished someone had phoned in asking him about the league games abroad shite. Hopefully KK would have answered along the lines of 'I THINK IT'S COMPLETE LOAD OF SPUNK BALLS AND JUST A FUCKING MONEY MAKING EXERCISE. I THINK IT SHOULD BE STOPPED FORTHWITH AND PETER SCUDAMORE SHOULD BE BIRCHED FOR THIS SHITE, AND ALL THE CHAIRMEN SHOULD BE DIPPED IN AN ACID BATH. Apart from Chris Mort, who has obviously been hoodwinked into agreeing with the feasiblilty study.'

Or something similar.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's now become honest and likeable to the point where he's getting a bit boring.

Yes that a big change from his previous unlikable dishonest persona.

Did I say he's changed?

Sorry for the confusion. :P

He's now become honest and likeable to the point where he's getting a bit boring.

Did I say he's changed?

Sorry for the confusion. :P

He's now become
implies he is in a different state to a previous state, which seems more like change than staying the same

Kevin Keegan hopes Newcastle United can strike 'lucky' and bring Thierry Henry back to the Premier League.

Henry left Arsenal for Barcelona last summer, but has yet to recapture the form which saw him become the English game's finest player.

And Keegan, who was no stranger to major signings during his first spell as Newcastle boss, would relish the opportunity to sign the French striker.

"I would like to fetch Thierry Henry back to England," Keegan told Radio Newcastle. "He's the best player I've seen in the Premiership.

Incredible

"When you're pitch-side, what I've seen him do to good players has been incredible.

"Sometimes you can take advantage of a situation and get what I call lucky."

During his previous tenure, Keegan spent a then world record fee of £15million on Alan Shearer and he would have no qualms in setting a new landmark.

He added: "I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people. It would be nice to break a world record.

"Why rule it out? I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

Flying

"Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer.

"If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction."

Keegan also suggested circumstances are different at St James' Park compared to 11 years ago when he quit as manager.

"I was here five years, but the club was being floated, people were being discarded," he continued. "I worked to build the club up, but at the time loads of promises were not kept, and priorities changed, so I got out."

Did I say he's changed?

Sorry for the confusion. :D

He's now become
implies he is in a different state to a previous state, which seems more like change than staying the same

'...to the point' is the qualifyier. ie He was like that but he is even more so like that.

Good interview mind. :P

Talk about moaning for the sake of. FFS.

Shocking I know.

To clear things up, Terry Mac doesn't coach. :P

Not really. It's one of your trademarks :D

Talk about moaning for the sake of. FFS.

Shocking I know.

To clear things up, Terry Mac doesn't coach. :P

Not really. It's one of your trademarks :D

You bitch! :D

And that's one of mine.

It wasn't until the interview was over that the thought occured to me that I wished someone had phoned in asking him about the league games abroad shite. Hopefully KK would have answered along the lines of 'I THINK IT'S COMPLETE LOAD OF SPUNK BALLS AND JUST A FUCKING MONEY MAKING EXERCISE. I THINK IT SHOULD BE STOPPED FORTHWITH AND PETER SCUDAMORE SHOULD BE BIRCHED FOR THIS SHITE, AND ALL THE CHAIRMEN SHOULD BE DIPPED IN AN ACID BATH. Apart from Chris Mort, who has obviously been hoodwinked into agreeing with the feasiblilty study.'

Or something similar.

He mentioned it and didn't seem too bothered. He said this is the way it is and you'd rather be involved in that sort of thing than not.

Very happy with 7 subs too.

Around the 38 minute mark.

Or something similar.

He mentioned it and didn't seem too bothered. He said this is the way it is and you'd rather be involved in that sort of thing than not.

Very happy with 7 subs too.

Around the 38 minute mark.

Shows how closely I was listening :P