How Much Do You Hate Sunderland?

Curious Yank

They'd definitely say 'daint' down North Shields like. I'd barely heard it before I worked with a lad from there. Jimmy he was called. He was fucking hilarious as it happens.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Sunderland 1 Man City 0

A top ten team judged on that performance.

The week before they lost to a team that WILL get relegated without testing the keeper once, what are they to be judged on that performance?

You all sound the same btw.

Shut it you Yorkshire muppet.

;)

It's true that btw. Stevie would wrongly have you believe he can tell the difference between accents a few streets apart, when in fact there isn't a discernible difference until you get to Middlesbrough. Possibly even Scarborough.

I'm from the East-end of Newcastle and I can usually tell the difference between Newcastle and North Shields accents never mind Mackems! :icon_lol:

I can tell the difference between West End and East End of Newcastle never mind nowt else. There's a definite difference between Wallsend and Walker even and that's what a mile apart. The wankest word on Tyneside is "daint" instead of "divvint" and Wallsend people say it.

They'd definitely say 'daint' down North Shields like. I'd barely heard it before I worked with a lad from there. Jimmy he was called. He was fucking hilarious as it happens.

'Daint' is definitely North Shields, also worked with a North Shields lad who called his mother 'Ma' but it was pronounced 'mar' as in mars bar and not Ma as in ah. If that makes sense. ;)

A 90 minute struggle where City should have had about 4 and then you got a penalty in the 94th minute?

So Sunderland have scored two Penalties in 3 games and been given a goal by Carr.

This is a bite by the way.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

;)

It's true that btw. Stevie would wrongly have you believe he can tell the difference between accents a few streets apart, when in fact there isn't a discernible difference until you get to Middlesbrough. Possibly even Scarborough.

I'm from the East-end of Newcastle and I can usually tell the difference between Newcastle and North Shields accents never mind Mackems! :icon_lol:

I can tell the difference between West End and East End of Newcastle never mind nowt else. There's a definite difference between Wallsend and Walker even and that's what a mile apart. The wankest word on Tyneside is "daint" instead of "divvint" and Wallsend people say it.

'Daint' is definitely North Shields, also worked with a North Shields lad who called his mother 'Ma' but it was pronounced 'mar' as in mars bar and not Ma as in ah. If that makes sense. ;)

Kids at my school from Wallsend/Hadrian Park etc all used daint.

;)

Kids at my school from Wallsend/Hadrian Park etc all used daint.

I reckon some Wallsend may say it but most North shields do.

Sunderland 1 Man City 0

A top ten team judged on that performance.

City or Sunderland?

From what I seen of the game it was more City being shite.

You almost have to feel sorry for the really bitter ones. I've met a fair few who are good lads too though and I'd rather discuss football with a knowledgeable one than some of the mongs us and every other club has. Goes without saying I suppose. Had a similar experience as Howmanheyman really. I particularly remember a few twats coming out the woodwork when they had the 'NE top dogs' period under Reid when they came 7th twice (and could've finished higher tbf). Have to agree with the comments about the accent like, it's horrible imo.

Me dad used to work for AMEC (pRESSIES) on The Tyne in the 90's, the day we played Spurs when we could've won the league that day. He came down from his crane and a mackems was cheering a gritting his teeth like he'd won the lottery right in his face, why? Cos Jason Dozzell had just put Spurs ahead, I said to me dad, that if that was me I would've stamped on his mackem head, and I would.

Me fatha used to work at Press....back in the 90's, he was getting more per hour back in 94 than he earns now. The money was ridiculous. He was on about £22 - £25 per hour as a welder. Mon - Thur - 12 hours shifts then Friday - 6 hours and then never to be seen again the entire weekend as he'd be p*ssing it up against the wall. Proper bloke.

Anyway, i once attended a lecture at Sunderland uni back in 96 (i think it was) when we played Man U at home and Cantona scored so nipped into this pub nearby - The Ivy House - and they had big screen on. It was awaful. Dirty mackem c*nts were hockling, actually spitting at this screen. Sunderland is a sh*t-hole...i know a few people who live over that way but spend their lives shopping in town or the Galleries rather than Sunderland. The place is riddled with freaks who look as though they wear their face inside-out or have been involved in a horrific fire-ball accident or stunt-doubles for Simon Weston (no ofence Simon if you are reading this forum).

With a big crowd and quality signings Sunderland will do well this season. Even Shearer said so

And without a big crowd or quality signings?

I had to spend a night in Sunderland once.

The crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of there B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Mackems in their natural habitat, and it weren’t pretty. I’d seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Wearside breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on Cheesy chips. I ain’t never going back… not never.

;)

That was poetic!

What a comedian btw.

He should work on the boats.

Wish I was joking this news fresh from The Sun this morning.

FYP

At the risk of sounding like my dad, what does this mean? It's been doing my head in.