Love will tear us apart

Scottish Mag

I think I agree with the sentiment in that theyre basically heeding a warning to Mort/Ashley that this cant continue. For too many years have we underacheived and just when we thought we had turned the corner with new chairman/manager at the helm, things really do seem worse than ever.

It seems ironic that under Allardyce, we had one of the best starts of the season yet we find ourselves now with the lowest points score since we moved into the prem. SA must be rubbing his hands with delight at seeing us implode since his departure.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can see us getting no more than 11 points from those games, which may just be enough (39) to keep us up. It is then make or break for the board/management to get it right this coming close season to turn our fortunes around. Unfortunately with each game, that optimism fades a little further. After all, why would good players come to a club who has no European qualification, and has seen the management team do nothing with the current crop to suggest that things will get any better in 2008/2009 season?

before the season even kicked off , one look at the fixture list told me we couldnt afford to drop many games in the first half of the season , the first half of the fixture list was a dream imo , i knew when we didnt pick up full points to the bottom teams it would bite us in the backside . i probably screamed for the sacking of allerdcye more due to those fixtures than the ones at the end of his tenure .

Derby have 9 haven't they?

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

18 Reading 27 6 1 7 15 21 0 3 10 16 34 -24 22

19 Fulham 27 3 5 6 18 23 0 5 8 7 22 -20 19

20 Derby 27 1 3 9 8 24 0 3 11 5 33 -44 9

We'll be safe by virtue of these three being utter shit. :hiya:

Saturday, 01 March 2008

1pt

Saturday, 08 March 2008

0pt

Monday, 17 March 2008

3pts

Saturday, 22 March 2008

3pts

Sunday, 30 March 2008

0pts

Saturday, 05 April 2008

3pts

Saturday, 12 April 2008

0pts

Saturday, 19 April 2008

3pts

Saturday, 26 April 2008

0pts

Saturday, 03 May 2008

0pts

Sunday, 11 May 2008

0pts

optimistic I know :hiya:

I think I agree with the sentiment in that theyre basically heeding a warning to Mort/Ashley that this cant continue. For too many years have we underacheived and just when we thought we had turned the corner with new chairman/manager at the helm, things really do seem worse than ever.

It seems ironic that under Allardyce, we had one of the best starts of the season yet we find ourselves now with the lowest points score since we moved into the prem. SA must be rubbing his hands with delight at seeing us implode since his departure.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can see us getting no more than 11 points from those games, which may just be enough (39) to keep us up. It is then make or break for the board/management to get it right this coming close season to turn our fortunes around. Unfortunately with each game, that optimism fades a little further. After all, why would good players come to a club who has no European qualification, and has seen the management team do nothing with the current crop to suggest that things will get any better in 2008/2009 season?

11 points will keep us up easily. I don't know where we will get 11 points at the moment though to be honest.

It would appear that a canny lot of people are surprised we are still being "embarrassed" and not challenging for the title, now that the fat bastard has gone, especially as we bought "proper team players" and no more "trophy sigings" last summer, whatever that is supposed to mean.

We are a joke tbh. If you let it get to be as bad as 3-0 down against Man Utd just take the hit and do some defending, at 3-1 thats what we should have done but we left ourselves wide open.

Man United and Arsenal x 2 were always going to be defeats or at best the potential for a draw was there. People are blaming the players a bit too much, Keegan needs to give them a kick up the arse and ask what the fuck they are doing.

I still maintain that Keegan can turn it round but he's going to have to turn it round pretty fucking quickly or we are knacked and its not entirely unfeasible that Keegan may just be a marketing ploy when you look at Nufc.co.uk's 'Keegan Range'.

We are going to need to play some serious football between now and the end of the season if we are going to attract some decent players in summer. I cant see where these proposed 11 points are going to come from to be honest, it's almost like we have a ''we tried our best/gave it a shot''' attitude every time we collapse and get pissed on by an opposition team.

It looked like a training session for Man Utd & Villa these past couple of games, and Arsenal just made it look like routine.

How much will a Championship season ticket be btw?

We are a joke tbh. If you let it get to be as bad as 3-0 down against Man Utd just take the hit and do some defending, at 3-1 thats what we should have done but we left ourselves wide open.

Man United and Arsenal x 2 were always going to be defeats or at best the potential for a draw was there. People are blaming the players a bit too much, Keegan needs to give them a kick up the arse and ask what the fuck they are doing.

I still maintain that Keegan can turn it round but he's going to have to turn it round pretty fucking quickly or we are knacked and its not entirely unfeasible that Keegan may just be a marketing ploy when you look at Nufc.co.uk's 'Keegan Range'.

We are going to need to play some serious football between now and the end of the season if we are going to attract some decent players in summer. I cant see where these proposed 11 points are going to come from to be honest, it's almost like we have a ''we tried our best/gave it a shot''' attitude every time we collapse and get pissed on by an opposition team.

It looked like a training session for Man Utd & Villa these past couple of games, and Arsenal just made it look like routine.

How much will a Championship season ticket be btw?

A damn sight cheaper than the £71.43 per month I'm paying by DD already for next season I hope!!

Im hoping that we'll pick up the 11 points in the following games

Blackburn - 1 pts

Liverpool - 0 pts

Birmingham - 1 pts

Fulham - 3pts

Tottenham - 0pts

Reading - 3pts

Portsmouth - 0pts

Sunderland - 3pts

West Ham - 0pts

Chelsea - 0pts

Everton - 0pts