How good are you at Football?

There was a lad used to turn up where we used to kick about when we were younger handing out yells and reds and writing in his book and stuff, which just laughed him off :nufc:

Aye, sorry about that. :nufc:

:nufc:

We used to organize teams and that and he'd just randomly turn up (tip off?), full referee uniform and that.

What a toucher. What's all that about?

He might have had aspirations to be the next err...(thinks of decent ref...)

The next Ref. :nufc:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a lad we used to play football with, tried to make a kick about some kind of structured thing. Tried to get us all to chip in for nets which is fair enough, but things started to get out of hand.

Once we had 30 lads turn up for a game and he said we'd play 11 a side with 4 subs each. Safe to say it's unreasonable to expect some lads to give up their Sunday afternoon to sit and watch some other lads have a kick about. So we laughed him off and played one 10 a side and a five a side game. His nickname forever more was the guv'nor

There was a lad used to turn up where we used to kick about when we were younger handing out yells and reds and writing in his book and stuff, which just laughed him off :nufc:

We used to organize teams and that and he'd just randomly turn up (tip off?), full referee uniform and that.

See, Dan just turns up, runs around like a rabbit on speed and shakes Papa L's hand a dozen times.

See, Dan just turns up, runs around like a rabbit on speed and shakes Papa L's "hand" a dozen times.

Average. My faffa was a superb non-league footballer so I'm told (he certainly had the medals and trophies to prove it, but never bragged about it) and I always felt a bit of pressure with that when I was a kid. I think he also felt pressured not to push me either. So I hid in goal and haven't really wandered out of it since..