Materazzi wins Daily Star apology

Besty

Shearer should have been sent off later in the game for an elbow too.

He mauled Cannavaro like. Although Cannavaro actually wanted to defend him for it, but UEFA weren't having any of it. Almeyda scored a class goal iirc. As did the enigma that is Recoba when he came on with one of his first touches.

Aye. Recoba curled one into the corner from next to where I sit. Enigma is right. I don't think he's ever lived-up to anything like the promise I saw in him when he was at Venezia (on loan from Inter iirc).

Edited by alex

He mauled Cannavaro like. Although Cannavaro actually wanted to defend him for it, but UEFA weren't having any of it. Almeyda scored a class goal iirc. As did the enigma that is Recoba when he came on with one of his first touches.

Aye. Recoba curled one into the corner from next to where I sit. Enigma is right. I don't think he's ever lived-up to anything like the promise I saw in him when he was at Venezia (on loan from Inter iirc).

I remember his debut for Inter. There as all this hype as it was also Ronaldo's debut. Then Recoba pings the ball in from standing a good 30-35 yards out twice. Was sensational.

I remember his debut for Inter. There as all this hype as it was also Ronaldo's debut. Then Recoba pings the ball in from standing a good 30-35 yards out twice. Was sensational.

I wonder if inters team dentist was on piece work - he'd have made a fortune with those two

Did he play for Inter against us when they beat us 4-1?

Yep, and got Bellamy sent off by winding him up. prick.

Yes because Bellamy just had to kick him didn't he? :lol:

It was probably a premeditated deliberate act on behalf Materazzi/Inter. Quite clever to get one up but he is still a prick of huge magnitude.

Materazzi had a sly kick at Bellamy first off the ball for which he should have been sent off, Bellamy reacted and needless to say got sent off with the prick who started it staying on the pitch. Doesn't excuse Bellamy for being stupid enough to react mind, but either both or neither should have walked.

Shearer eventually got pissed off at having defenders spending the whole game getting away with shirt pulling, holiding, obstructing and any other type of foul you can try on a striker and took a big swing at one of them. Again you shouldn't react but i'd have been gone long before Shearer if i regularly had to put up with what he did from defenders on nights like that!

Wasn't it the away match when Emre (in his inter days) broke the world record for number of dives in one match when he spent the entire game hitting the deck and rolling about. He wasn't alone by far on their team, most were at it but i'm sure i remember Bernard, or somebody in a state of disbelief at times during the game. Or have i remembered all that wrong!

Wasn't it the away match when Emre (in his inter days) broke the world record for number of dives in one match when he spent the entire game hitting the deck and rolling about. He wasn't alone by far on their team, most were at it but i'm sure i remember Bernard, or somebody in a state of disbelief at times during the game. Or have i remembered all that wrong!

It was the Portuguese winger who was the biggest cheat - Simao? - coincidentally the ref was from portugal and quite simply the worst ever.

It was the Portuguese winger who was the biggest cheat - Simao? - coincidentally the ref was from portugal and quite simply the worst ever.

That does ring a bell now you say it, but i'm sure i remember seeing Emre play for them and him diving all the time! The ref like the officials in the first game, a fucking disgrace, they all continually ignored some of the worst diving and play acting you'll see as well as a stream of fouls and shirt pulling on our players.

There was so much bullshit going on in that game it made it even more sickening not to win.

I can distinctively remember Inter getting a free kick all the way to one side almost along their goal line. The keeper then brought the ball forward to about the edge of the penalty area (!!) then Shearer who was standing about 9.5 yards away from the ball got a yellow for pointing it out to the ref.

There was so much bullshit going on in that game it made it even more sickening not to win.

I can distinctively remember Inter getting a free kick all the way to one side almost along their goal line. The keeper then brought the ball forward to about the edge of the penalty area (!!) then Shearer who was standing about 9.5 yards away from the ball got a yellow for pointing it out to the ref.

A yellow card which was given after one of their players was doing the LeBeouf imaginary card wave which had been made a bookable offence that year.

Also Titus being booked for handball when he was on the ground and a fucker passed the ball past him.

Also the free kick they had in the last minute where they took 10 minutes to take it by messing with the wall knowing that we needed a winl to have a chance of progressing.

Cunts.

I've hated Inter since those games due to whats been said but also (iirc) wasn't it Inter where our fans were put in the middle tier and subjected to bottles and such like being thrown at them from above and below, of course the Italian police did absolutely nothing. That 2-2 draw was ridiculous it was unreal what they got away with.

I've hated Inter since those games due to whats been said but also (iirc) wasn't it Inter where our fans were put in the middle tier and subjected to bottles and such like being thrown at them from above and below, of course the Italian police did absolutely nothing. That 2-2 draw was ridiculous it was unreal what they got away with.

I was there, we were in the bottom tier and Inter fans were in the top, bottles of piss getting thrown at us and flares.

Sergio Conceciao was the player in question above btw.

Edited by Sima