Smith away to Sunderland

Guest Stevie

Smith always seems to be one of the few who actually gives a shit what result comes out at the end. He always puts in a shift, and despite him being played out of position, like others have said he gets on with it. For those to say he is the worst player ever, I honestly dont see him any worse than the likes of Emre or Barton in the current side, and certainly a class above the likes of Boumsong, Bramble, Luque (I could go on). A lot of people including myself gave Butt a hell of a lot of stick when he came and was garbage before he went on loan to Brum. Once he came back he was a different player. I would be tempted to stick with Smithy but certainly not in Midfield. If he is going to get a game, then put him up front. Viduka on the other hand, isnt what you need in a relegation fight. Sure on his day he can be a terrific player, but you just dont know which one of him is going to turn up.

I think some of the vitriol aimed at him at times is a disgrace if I'm being honest, it's not his fault he's not good enough and gets picked every week. There's far more wasters at this club than Alan Smith who's a model pro, when you've got people like Viduka leeching off us, I think it's a disgrace.

Word,

On the street here is it isn't Viduka making himself unavailable.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Viduka is a leech for sure, was a waster at Leeds and Smogs, never gives 100% but somehow always seeems to score goals.

He'll struggle to score from the stands though.

At least Smith is up for the fight.