Ashley's Eyes on the exit door

Jimbo

Maybe Ashley has realised that running a successful football club is more costly than he thought ?

It would explain the 2nd rate transfer policy adopted by the club since he came in, a huge step down from the policy of the old board.

It doesn't explain how he tempted Keegan here, but Keegan has said they haven't discussed the amount of money yet.

Time will tell. But a transfer kitty along the lines of clubs like Blackburn, Birmingham, Pompey etc is right back to the times of Mckeag, Westwood etc. Not good enough. And if this is his ambition he can fuck off.

Time will tell.

:icon_lol:

Maybe the 'transfer policy' he has adopted in the two transfer windows is down to the £100 million of debt he's had to pay off to stop the club from folding because of your good mate Freddy

:lol:

To be fair though, this coming window will show us what his intentions are...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Ashley has realised that running a successful football club is more costly than he thought ?

It would explain the 2nd rate transfer policy adopted by the club since he came in, a huge step down from the policy of the old board.

It doesn't explain how he tempted Keegan here, but Keegan has said they haven't discussed the amount of money yet.

Time will tell. But a transfer kitty along the lines of clubs like Blackburn, Birmingham, Pompey etc is right back to the times of Mckeag, Westwood etc. Not good enough. And if this is his ambition he can fuck off.

Time will tell.

Maybe the 'transfer policy' he has adopted in the two transfer windows is down to the £100 million of debt he's had to pay off to stop the club from folding because of your good mate Freddy

This idea that a business like Newcastle (with a virtual monopoly and catchment area) along with massive gates regardless of performance had any chance of 'folding' I find spurious and the kind of 'spin' Mort has been putting out since he arrived.

The millions pouring into the PL virtually secures all PL club businesses for a considerable period. Many top flight clubs carry proportionate to income high debt ratios. It's not really about profitability either as there aren't many PL clubs that habitually make a profit.

That said I am of the opinion the debt did need looking at but I find the melodrama surrounding it unnecessary.

Time will tell.

good lad. I don't expect the fact that the big 4 have debts between them of 1.5bn to be indicative that it makes absolutely jackshit to them, their supporters and players, when it comes to winning trophies ?

Of which part of these debts includes the "business" decision to expand stadiums, unless you think that in our case, we should have made do with a 36,000 capacity ie it was big enough for the clubs needs before "my mate" Freddie and his mate Dogless, but I don't suppose you will even read this never mind understand it.

Continue backing 2nd rate thinking of the teams that are nowhere instead of competing with those clubs if it pleases you. A year or two of seeing the best players turn us down and we end up with mor johnnny averages will soon change your mind.

fucking dipstick

Edited by LeazesMag

Time will tell.

This idea that a business like Newcastle (with a virtual monopoly and catchment area) along with massive gates regardless of performance had any chance of 'folding' I find spurious and the kind of 'spin' Mort has been putting out since he arrived.

The millions pouring into the PL virtually secures all PL club businesses for a considerable period. Many top flight clubs carry proportionate to income high debt ratios. It's not really about profitability either as there aren't many PL clubs that habitually make a profit.

That said I am of the opinion the debt did need looking at but I find the melodrama surrounding it unnecessary.

best post you've made

well said

Manchester United: £660m (At June 2006).

Liverpool: £350m (At January 2008).

Arsenal: £307m (At November 2007).

Fulham: £159m (At June 2006).

Newcastle: £110m ('Liabilities' at June 2007 – before Mike Ashley takeover).

Key points

• Premier League clubs' total wage costs for 2005/06 increased by 9pc (£69m) to £854m. The wages to turnover ratio, a key performance indicator, increased to 62pc.

• Five English clubs have total wages costs each season greater than £50m: Chelsea (£114m), Manchester United (£85m), Arsenal (£83m). Liverpool (£69m) and Newcastle (£52m).

• The highest proportional wage rises came at Tottenham (up £7.5m), Everton (up £6.1m), Charlton (up £5.3m) and Aston Villa (up £5.1m).

• Average gross annual earnings for a Premier League player next season estimated at £1.1m (2005/06: £0.9m).

• Premier League revenues are set to exceed £1.7bn next season, the first year of new broadcast deals - £680m above the next richest league, Italy's Serie A. Premier League clubs' revenues increased by 3pc (£45m) in 2005/06.

• The gap between the average Premier League and Championship club's revenue was a record £56m in 2005/06 and is set to increase to over £70m next season.

• Operating profits in the Premier League fell for the first time since 1999/00 to £138m (down 15pc).

• Fees to agents from Premier League and Football League clubs in 2005/06 estimated to be over £50m.

• The money redistributed to Football League clubs from the Premiership rose to £48m in 2005/06 (2004/05: £28m); the highest since the Premiership began.

• By the end of 2005/06, Roman Abramovich had injected £485m of new money into Chelsea, through a combination of debt and equity.

I'd be worried if I was a Fulham fan like.

That is high for a club that size.

Especially one about to get relegated.

For them this is a really bad time to get relegated for sure.

They'll need to sell the whole team more or less to get some cash back in and reduce wages and they're going to need that parachute payment badly.

They'll need to sell the whole team more or less to get some cash back in and reduce wages and they're going to need that parachute payment badly.

Al-Fayed seems to have long since lost interest too, after initially being quite hands on. I think it's a shame because I like Fulham as a club.

Al-Fayed seems to have long since lost interest too, after initially being quite hands on. I think it's a shame because I like Fulham as a club.

Yup, nice little club.

Key points

• Premier League clubs' total wage costs for 2005/06 increased by 9pc (£69m) to £854m. The wages to turnover ratio, a key performance indicator, increased to 62pc.

• Five English clubs have total wages costs each season greater than £50m: Chelsea (£114m), Manchester United (£85m), Arsenal (£83m). Liverpool (£69m) and Newcastle (£52m).

• The highest proportional wage rises came at Tottenham (up £7.5m), Everton (up £6.1m), Charlton (up £5.3m) and Aston Villa (up £5.1m).

• Average gross annual earnings for a Premier League player next season estimated at £1.1m (2005/06: £0.9m).

• Premier League revenues are set to exceed £1.7bn next season, the first year of new broadcast deals - £680m above the next richest league, Italy's Serie A. Premier League clubs' revenues increased by 3pc (£45m) in 2005/06.

• The gap between the average Premier League and Championship club's revenue was a record £56m in 2005/06 and is set to increase to over £70m next season.

• Operating profits in the Premier League fell for the first time since 1999/00 to £138m (down 15pc).

• Fees to agents from Premier League and Football League clubs in 2005/06 estimated to be over £50m.

• The money redistributed to Football League clubs from the Premiership rose to £48m in 2005/06 (2004/05: £28m); the highest since the Premiership began.

• By the end of 2005/06, Roman Abramovich had injected £485m of new money into Chelsea, through a combination of debt and equity.

So what's your take on all of this then? :lol:

Key points

So what's your take on all of this then? :lol:

:icon_lol:

The club has never been in any real danger.

Has Allardyce said in any of his post sack interviews that he was dismayed with the lack of cash put up by Ashley to back him in attracting the players he wanted?

Genuine question.

I don't think so.

come off it !

the big 4 can afford those debts !! , considering we havent finished in the top half for god knows how long then yeah , id be pretty reserved about ploughing money into a club when id just taken it over.

i was gonna reply earlier , but realised this was all about fishing for wind up's rather than a serious debate , grouping us with the big 4 (who earn millions from the prem and championship league ) to point out ashleys lack of spending is laughable .

we can have all the support in the world , but with a 70+% wage budget and lack of top half finish , is enough to make any company fold .

Has Allardyce said in any of his post sack interviews that he was dismayed with the lack of cash put up by Ashley to back him in attracting the players he wanted?

Genuine question.

I don't think so.

And he was happy to offer more than anyone else for Woodgate in January wasn't he?

I don't see where people get the idea he's not stumping up what the manager asks for.

Genuine question.

I don't think so.

And he was happy to offer more than anyone else for Woodgate in January wasn't he?

I don't see where people get the idea he's not stumping up what the manager asks for.

To help their agendas perhaps?

I think that while the impending financial doom of the club under the previous regime has been overstated by Mort, there is zero evidence that the financial backing isn't there for the manager. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm pretty sure Keegan wouldn't have come back unless guarentees were given that he had plenty money, there was the Woodgate bid (as mentioned) and also (as mentioned) Allrdyce has had plenty of opportunities to criticise the previous board since he was sacked on this matter, but he hasn't and I can't see any reason why he'd keep quiet about it. The one thing I do agree with Leazes about over this is that time will tell.

Time will tell.

Not actually England, but Dortmund who are in many aspects very comparable to Newcastle had one foot in the grave because of their overambition. Of course it is difficult for a club or a business of the size of Newcastle with it's income to fold, but it's not impossible. I got told that KPMG had serious reservations about the balance sheets in recent years and it wasn't that easy to make them look (sort of) healthy.

In the end the fate is down to the creditors and their securisation. As I understand it the likes of Schechter had options to cash in after the take over which would have fundamentally affected the resources of the club, which they seemed to consider to make use of. This was avoided by Ashley paying off the debt from his personal assets. You may call Mort's comments a drama, but I don't think they were technically a lie. They certainly aren't worse than the attempts to blandish the increasingly worrying financial state of the club in the form of lalaing.

I think that while the impending financial doom of the club under the previous regime has been overstated by Mort, there is zero evidence that the financial backing isn't there for the manager. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm pretty sure Keegan wouldn't have come back unless guarentees were given that he had plenty money, there was the Woodgate bid (as mentioned) and also (as mentioned) Allrdyce has had plenty of opportunities to criticise the previous board since he was sacked on this matter, but he hasn't and I can't see any reason why he'd keep quiet about it. The one thing I do agree with Leazes about over this is that time will tell.

Didn't we offer more than anyone else for Diarra too? I'm not certain of that because I only read it in the Sun, but they reckoned we offered £5.5M before he moved for £5M.

Time will tell.

Not actually England, but Dortmund who are in many aspects very comparable to Newcastle had one foot in the grave because of their overambition. Of course it is difficult for a club or a business of the size of Newcastle with it's income to fold, but it's not impossible. I got told that KPMG had serious reservations about the balance sheets in recent years and it wasn't that easy to make them look (sort of) healthy.

In the end the fate is down to the creditors and their securisation. As I understand it the likes of Schechter had options to cash in after the take over which would have fundamentally affected the resources of the club, which they seemed to consider to make use of. This was avoided by Ashley paying off the debt from his personal assets. You may call Mort's comments a drama, but I don't think they were technically a lie. They certainly aren't worse than the attempts to blandish the increasingly worrying financial state of the club in the form of lalaing.

Out of interest what kind of TV money do top tier German clubs get?