Camera People

Jusoda Kid

Thinking of getting a new camera and got the chance of a NIKON N70S? off a friend with extra lenses, tripod, extra batteries etc for £350 but it's only 6 megapixel which TBF seems a bit shit nowadays so I've started looking around and found this bad boy

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133784/alternatives

Any advice suggestions on what I should do, buy, TIA.

Wacky

Canon Powershot G9 is a super camera!

But depends on what you want.

I've got an EOS 400D and my good lady has a G9. Both great pieces of kit. I would say that the G9 is better for travelling and is a pretty tough camera. Loads of features which the 400D doesn't have. However the 400D's strength is in the changeable lens.

Aye

What makes it better than the Olympus?

Basically the only two makes of camera worth investing in is either Canon or Nikon, I'd go for the Canon myself :lol:

Er, not really.

Aye

What makes it better than the Olympus?

Basically the only two makes of camera worth investing in is either Canon or Nikon, I'd go for the Canon myself :lol:

Er, not really.

There's only one way to decide this, fiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!!!

In terms of DSLR I reckon they leave the rest behind, the choice of lens and other options for these two are way ahead.

But in the age of photoshop you can take an average picture on an average camera and make it look good I suppose.

Once you get into the creative settings like Manual,AV or Tv thats when you see the real difference in quality and at the end of the day it's not the body but the glass, on the market these are the two to go for.

Edited by @yourservice

In terms of DSLR I reckon they leave the rest behind, the choice of lens and other options for these two are way ahead.

But in the age of photoshop you can take an average picture on an average camera and make it look good I suppose.

Once you get into the creative settings like Manual,AV or Tv thats when you see the real difference in quality and at the end of the day it's not the body but the glass, on the market these are the two to go for.

If it is really quality you wouldn't go for any of those wide range cameras anyway. I'd like to buy Leicas myself...

Anyway, I own a Pentax that I think easily beats Canon and Nikon's of the same price range even with a less wide range of lense choices in the market. The models are normally doing quite well/better in customer reviews as well...

If it is really quality you wouldn't go for any of those wide range cameras anyway. I'd like to buy Leicas myself...

Anyway, I own a Pentax that I think easily beats Canon and Nikon's of the same price range even with a less wide range of lense choices in the market. The models are normally doing quite well/better in customer reviews as well...

Got a couple of their compacts like. Wouldn't mind one of their SLRs one day. Can't really justify the expense though.

I'd go for Nikon as a first choice then Canon as a reserve, both manufactures come with good quality kit lenses if you go for a kit option on an SLR, have good sensors and metering systems and in general are robust, tidy pieces of kit. You can not go wrong with either a Nikon D80or a Canon EOS 400D, both of these are good to use to progress your skill levels with and you'll get loads of life out of them.

Canon Powershot G9 is a super camera!

But depends on what you want.

I've got an EOS 400D and my good lady has a G9. Both great pieces of kit. I would say that the G9 is better for travelling and is a pretty tough camera. Loads of features which the 400D doesn't have. However the 400D's strength is in the changeable lens.

You can change the lens on the G9 with the appropriate adapter ring, which is handy. Ive got to get some cash before i go out and get myself a nice lens for the G9.

Thinking of getting a new camera and got the chance of a NIKON N70S? off a friend with extra lenses, tripod, extra batteries etc for £350 but it's only 6 megapixel which TBF seems a bit shit nowadays so I've started looking around and found this bad boy

Any advice suggestions on what I should do, buy, TIA.

Wacky

I have got the Nikon D70 and it is a very good camera, the fact that you are being offered extra lenses and a tripod makes it seem a really good price to me.