Entering the USA

ewerk

I smell a pointless argument.

Well you would as that is basically what your profession is about. ;) (although it might just be smelling one you can't win as it is completely true)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you would as that is basically what your profession is about. ;) (although it might just be smelling one you can't win as it is completely true)

If you're trying to get a bite off me then you're using the wrong bait there-I'm probably as critical as anyone of my profession.

All of your remarks addressing the behaviour of police officers are pure opinion. All of mine are pure opinion. My opinion is more moderate and therefore is probably more likely to be closer to the truth, however as it's just opinion and we can't prove anything one way or another, I'm also correct in saying it's a pointless argument.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh we've had THAT guessing game a few times on here

I'm actually a composite identity of 5 post-grads at the University of Adelaide and the University of Norwich conducting research into dis- functional teenagers and the Web.

Alex believes I'm a trolley-dolly on EasyJet or BA

Parky beleives I have connections with the Dark Side (or even the CPGBM-L) and Rehhangel thinks I'm a left wing commie poofter

"hang the lawyers"

Might I suggest that your opinions would arguably have more cachet if you had the nerve to state what you did for a living.

He works for big oil. B)

:P

If only....................... ;):icon_lol:

"hang the lawyers"

Might I suggest that your opinions would arguably have more cachet if you had the nerve to state what you did for a living.

He works for big oil. B)

:P

If only....................... ;):icon_lol:

Oil of Ulay?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh we've had THAT guessing game a few times on here

I'm actually a composite identity of 5 post-grads at the University of Adelaide and the University of Norwich conducting research into dis- functional teenagers and the Web.

Alex believes I'm a trolley-dolly on EasyJet or BA

Parky beleives I have connections with the Dark Side (or even the CPGBM-L) and Rehhangel thinks I'm a left wing commie poofter

You'd be surprised to know I don't actually give a shit what you do Rob. The trolley-dolley thing is a joke though. If that gets to you, all the better. One thing I think you are is someone who can't resist pretending to know stuff about things which you clearly have very little knowledge of (google to the rescue, no doubt). That's not to say you aren't a knowledgeable, well-travelled person which you seem to be, in fairness

If you're trying to get a bite off me then you're using the wrong bait there-I'm probably as critical as anyone of my profession.

All of your remarks addressing the behaviour of police officers are pure opinion. All of mine are pure opinion. My opinion is more moderate and therefore is probably more likely to be closer to the truth, however as it's just opinion and we can't prove anything one way or another, I'm also correct in saying it's a pointless argument.

Not exactly pure opinion, the example I stated occurred (and occurred quite regularly as the female officer in question realised how effective it was).

And the fact is in your professional capacity you're not going to see those sort of things (unless the police in question are vastly stupid - which in fairness they probably are these days given the level recruitment is aimed at).

Not exactly pure opinion, the example I stated occurred (and occurred quite regularly as the female officer in question realised how effective it was).

And the fact is in your professional capacity you're not going to see those sort of things (unless the police in question are vastly stupid - which in fairness they probably are these days given the level recruitment is aimed at).

I have to say you don't state a case terribly well. At least I don't have to waste time arguing if you're basically going to make the argument for me.

By the way the unbolded part isn't evidence to support your argument (all coppers are bent) any more so than it is evidence to support mine (some coppers are bent).

You're an utter stranger to logic.

I have to say you don't state a case terribly well. At least I don't have to waste time arguing if you're basically going to make the argument for me.

By the way the unbolded part isn't evidence to support your argument (all coppers are bent) any more so than it is evidence to support mine (some coppers are bent).

You're an utter stranger to logic.

It's not that all coppers are "bent", it's more that all coppers are quite "human" and out for themselves and their own prospects. And as such there behaviour is exactly as I have said - just like any other working environment you don't get promotion by being a "good", "fair" or "just" police officer, you get it by meeting or exceeding your "sales targets".

In fairness to some degree it's the systems fault, but basically anyone stupid (and it is stupidity, even if it's through naivety) enough to believe the police will "help" them just because they are innocent is in for a very rude awakening (and probably prison time).

The fact is the most honest, truthful and open you are with them the more likely you'll end up being done for something.

If you want to amend your original opinion to the less hysterical one above then that's fine with me. Saves a pointless argument.

If you want to pretend my argument has changed or was hysterical that's fine with me, it's what you're trained and paid to do after all. Still doesn't make you right though. ;)

If you want to amend your original opinion to the less hysterical one above then that's fine with me. Saves a pointless argument.

If you want to pretend my argument has changed or was hysterical that's fine with me, it's what you're trained and paid to do after all. Still doesn't make you right though. ;)

Wearing your opponent down with defective reason and italics (for a change). Waste of fucking time tbh.

As I said right from the get go...there is absolutely no way either of us can be proved right or wrong. My logic is sound at least.