Entering the USA

ewerk

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to amend your original opinion to the less hysterical one above then that's fine with me. Saves a pointless argument.

If you want to pretend my argument has changed or was hysterical that's fine with me, it's what you're trained and paid to do after all. Still doesn't make you right though. :icon_lol:

Wearing your opponent down with defective reason and italics (for a change). Waste of fucking time tbh.

As I said right from the get go...there is absolutely no way either of us can be proved right or wrong. My logic is sound at least.

Your "logic" is contrived and based upon a situation where you're least likely to actually see that sort behaviour.

Mine is based upon actual events.

You yourself state not to go without a solicitor, which really goes to show that either you know the police will have you if they can, or you think Ewerk did whatever he did.

Unless you know something I don't about Ewerk, you are basically agree with me, whether you'll ever admit it or not. ;)

If you're not currently on bail already and they are just trying to get you to come in voluntarily then I'd simply try and arrange the appointment for after you've returned from the States. If the interview was not going to resolve things instantly (ie your word against their's) then you'd almost certainly end up on bail for the meantime and so if you can postpone that situation with the US coming up then it'd be better to do that.

Usually the polis are fine and will work around you if you keep them in the loop as they're used to dealing with little twats who constantly skip bail so hopefully you shouldn't have any problems. This is assuming you do have a fair minded and reasonable plod allocated to the case mind. Speaking of which, where do you live at the moment? I only ask as if you're local and you've already mentioned the America trip, you don't want a knock on the Friday morning with them suddenly trying to arrest you then. It's very, very unlikely but not entirely unheard of if you've drawn the short straw and got a vindictive plod with too much time on their hands handling things.

If/when you do end up going though make absolutely sure you take a solicitor, mate. Do it by appointment with any local firm. I can recommend if you want.

What station is it by the way? Longsight?

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately they had already picked me up an hour before you posted. I asked them about how the bail would affect my travelling and they said there were no restrictions on it and immigration on the US side wouldn't know anything about it.

I didn't take a lawyer with me though to be honest I don't think having one would have been much of a benefit, it was basically as they told me, just a discussion of the incident (which lasted two and a half fucking hours). I seemed to be lucky in getting two sound coppers, they weren't there to trick me or catch me out, they just asked me straight forward questions and were straight down the line with me about what the allegations were and what would happen next. After the tapes had stopped rolling and they were showing me out they did even comment that the whole thing was 'fucking mental' which gives me a bit of confidence in them.

I'm back home at the minute and had no plans of returning to Manchester in the forseeable future so that's why I wanted to get it dealt with today though my bail states that I have to return back on the 14th May which I imagine involves me getting a flight the whole way there, turned up to the station, signing something and then getting on a plane again. It was Grey Mare Lane Station in Eastlands, not the classiest joint in the world.

Oh and Parky I did have to give a DNA sample as it was a recordable offence I was arrested for and I was told that even when I am cleared it is highly unlikely to be removed from the database, but if I'm doing nothing wrong then I've nothing to worry about.

Oh and Parky I did have to give a DNA sample as it was a recordable offence I was arrested for and I was told that even when I am cleared it is highly unlikely to be removed from the database, but if I'm doing nothing wrong then I've nothing to worry about.

Until a low copy DNA sample drags you into something, of course.

If you're not currently on bail already and they are just trying to get you to come in voluntarily then I'd simply try and arrange the appointment for after you've returned from the States. If the interview was not going to resolve things instantly (ie your word against their's) then you'd almost certainly end up on bail for the meantime and so if you can postpone that situation with the US coming up then it'd be better to do that.

Usually the polis are fine and will work around you if you keep them in the loop as they're used to dealing with little twats who constantly skip bail so hopefully you shouldn't have any problems. This is assuming you do have a fair minded and reasonable plod allocated to the case mind. Speaking of which, where do you live at the moment? I only ask as if you're local and you've already mentioned the America trip, you don't want a knock on the Friday morning with them suddenly trying to arrest you then. It's very, very unlikely but not entirely unheard of if you've drawn the short straw and got a vindictive plod with too much time on their hands handling things.

If/when you do end up going though make absolutely sure you take a solicitor, mate. Do it by appointment with any local firm. I can recommend if you want.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately they had already picked me up an hour before you posted. I asked them about how the bail would affect my travelling and they said there were no restrictions on it and immigration on the US side wouldn't know anything about it.

I didn't take a lawyer with me though to be honest I don't think having one would have been much of a benefit, it was basically as they told me, just a discussion of the incident (which lasted two and a half fucking hours). I seemed to be lucky in getting two sound coppers, they weren't there to trick me or catch me out, they just asked me straight forward questions and were straight down the line with me about what the allegations were and what would happen next. After the tapes had stopped rolling and they were showing me out they did even comment that the whole thing was 'fucking mental' which gives me a bit of confidence in them.

I'm back home at the minute and had no plans of returning to Manchester in the forseeable future so that's why I wanted to get it dealt with today though my bail states that I have to return back on the 14th May which I imagine involves me getting a flight the whole way there, turned up to the station, signing something and then getting on a plane again. It was Grey Mare Lane Station in Eastlands, not the classiest joint in the world.

Hope it all gets resolved mate. If you do need any general advice just pm me.

Re your bail, you want to get tel. contact details for the officers to find out nearer to the time whether it's actually necessary for you to come back on the 14th (seeing as it'd mean coming over from Ireland?). You don't want a wasted journey.

Grey Mare Lane is a shit tip innit?! :lol:I can actually see it from my apartment in fact.

Finally, I'm harsh on my profession generally (generally cos I think lawyers tend to be self important arseholes) but I would still say always take a solicitor with you to the police station. If only to know where you stand.

If you want to amend your original opinion to the less hysterical one above then that's fine with me. Saves a pointless argument.

If you want to pretend my argument has changed or was hysterical that's fine with me, it's what you're trained and paid to do after all. Still doesn't make you right though. :aye:

Wearing your opponent down with defective reason and italics (for a change). Waste of fucking time tbh.

As I said right from the get go...there is absolutely no way either of us can be proved right or wrong. My logic is sound at least.

Your "logic" is contrived and based upon a situation where you're least likely to actually see that sort behaviour.

Mine is based upon actual events.

You yourself state not to go without a solicitor, which really goes to show that either you know the police will have you if they can, or you think Ewerk did whatever he did.

Unless you know something I don't about Ewerk, you are basically agree with me, whether you'll ever admit it or not. ;)

You are off your tits. You genuinely don't have a clue what youre talking about.

Hasn't low count DNA sampling now been judged inadmissable in court? That's how the bastard on trial for the Omagh bomb got off.

Changed their mind again, although it was always going to be used in profiling, just possibly not as direct evidence.

You are off your tits. You genuinely don't have a clue what youre talking about.

For a solicitor you're pretty crap at debate it has to be said.

Honestly, I am going to take that as a compliment.

For a solicitor you're pretty crap at debate it has to be said.

Honestly, I am going to take that as a compliment.

Clearly you are better at hearing what you want to hear though, so that probably makes up for it. ;)

I love that Fop genuinely thinks he's getting the better of mancy here, despite the fact that he's getting his arse handed to him repeatedly. It happens an awful lot on here, and it's only him that can't see it.

But you haven't committed an offence dimwit. ;)

I love that Fop genuinely thinks he's getting the better of mancy here, despite the fact that he's getting his arse handed to him repeatedly. It happens an awful lot on here, and it's only him that can't see it.

Reminds me of when Donny Torrettes (sp?) tried to take Billy Bailey on during an episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

How do you make that out?

to be honest, Fop will stick a smiley on the end of a lot of posts inferring a greater depth to his words. Often times his words are pretty staid and as poignant as anybody else's, bu this addition of a smiley, in his mind, affords him some degree of gravitas and profundity... when really he's said nothing of note.

Mancy is right (as much as anybody who's geographically and stylistically inept can be) but Fop will merrily carousel until the boredom sets in and at that point he will declare himself the winner. Anyone who deems fit to challenge will again be met with a barrage of inane detritus wrapped as sense and formula.

Edit:- I'm a true blue sesquipedalian

Edited by The Fish

Basic reading comprehension.

You're all over him like a rash because he talks nearly as much shite as you and Rob. ;)

Nah it's the old style.

Then you'll not get in anyway, you have to have a swipeable passport as far as i am aware.

And the Visa waiver card asks whether you have convictions, not whether you have been arrested. Dont worry about that, worry about having the right passport.

to be honest, Fop will stick a smiley on the end of a lot of posts inferring a greater depth to his words. Often times his words are pretty staid and as poignant as anybody else's, bu this addition of a smiley, in his mind, affords him some degree of gravitas and profundity... when really he's said nothing of note.

Mancy is right (as much as anybody who's geographically and stylistically inept can be) but Fop will merrily carousel until the boredom sets in and at that point he will declare himself the winner. Anyone who deems fit to challenge will again be met with a barrage of inane detritus wrapped as sense and formula.

My feeling was and without resorting to his normal largesse Fop was holding his own against a pretty early use of condescending small weapons fire.

On the other hand Manc tried to back out early doors seeing the morass his lectors had been drawn into caught as they were in a ravine flanked by the two hills of Fops unwavering quasi-rationale. His Romulus (Sunday supplement style phraseology) and his Remus ( the instinctive need to have a pop at plod).

;)

Edited by Park Life

My feeling was and without resorting to his normal largesse Fop was holding his own against a pretty early use of condescending small weapons fire.

On the other hand Manc tried to back out early doors seeing the morass his lectors had been drawn into caught as they were in a ravine flanked by the two hills of Fops unwavering quasi-rationale. His Romulus (Sunday supplement style phraseology) and his Remus ( the instinctive need to have a pop at plod).

:aye:

You're not fucking kidding, there. The lad is off his tits. ;)