Brigitte Bardot in race hate row.

Park Life

A Paris prosecutor yesterday called for French film legend Brigitte Bardot to receive a two-month suspended prison sentence and a £12,000 fine for inciting racial hatred in a letter.

Brigitte Bardot, now an animal rights activist, has been convicted four times since 1997 on similar charges

In December 2006, Miss Bardot, 73, now an animal rights activist, wrote to President Nicolas Sarkozy of France, then the interior minister, criticising the Muslim practice of slaughtering sheep without first stunning them.

In the letter published by the magazine Info-Journal and handed out to members of the Brigitte Bardot Foundation, she wrote: "We're fed up with being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts".

Several French anti-racism groups filed for charges of "inciting discrimination and racial hatred" against Muslims.

Miss Bardot was not in court, citing "difficulties in getting around", but her lawyer read out a note in which she said she was "appalled" at the "harassment" of anti-racism groups.

"I will never keep quiet" until animals are stunned before ritual slaughter, she added, saying she was "tired and weary".

"I too am tired and weary", said the prosecutor Anne de Fontette, pointing out that Miss Bardot had been convicted four times since 1997 on similar charges.

"She might as well write that Arabs should be thrown out of France", she said. "It is time to hand out heftier sentences".

Arabs and France eh. ;)

73 eh?

Anyone still would?

She's got a very sexy gravelly voice apparently.

I'd phone sex it. ;)

I'd be up for that, as long as she didnt come out with any anti-arab shit halfway through. That's unnacceptable.

73 eh?

Anyone still would?

I'd phone sex it. :aye:

I'd be up for that, as long as she didnt come out with any anti-arab shit halfway through. That's unnacceptable.

Might spice it up if it was part of a 'performance'. ;)

73 eh?

Anyone still would?

I'd phone sex it. :aye:

;)

Wait until the end love.

Even if only just to be able to say you'd done it...?

definitely

there's very few famous people I wouldnt do just so i could tell my mates down the pub!

if i wasnt married of course ;)

Patrick Moore?

definitely

there's very few famous people I wouldnt do just so i could tell my mates down the pub!

I can just picture it. "Alright lads, yer knaa that Patrick Moore?... Shagged him." A prolonged period of silence.

Edited by Geordie Boot Boy

definitely

I can just picture it. "Alright lads, yer knaa that Patrick Moore?... Shagged him." A prolonged period of silence.

:aye:

In the letter published by the magazine Info-Journal and handed out to members of the Brigitte Bardot Foundation, she wrote: "We're fed up with being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts".

Several French anti-racism groups filed for charges of "inciting discrimination and racial hatred" against Muslims.

Miss Bardot was not in court, citing "difficulties in getting around", but her lawyer read out a note in which she said she was "appalled" at the "harassment" of anti-racism groups.

More a case of "anti"-racism groups using the usual political and judicial bludgeons to support their own causes than anything else.

Fact is if you used that method of slaughter with non-religious justification you'd be in trouble.

Speak out against it though and you'll be "stoned".

It's like the cyclist>pedestrian>disabled pyramid of "moral" power.

More a case of "anti"-racism groups using the usual political and judicial bludgeons to support their own causes than anything else.

Fact is if you used that method of slaughter with non-religious justification you'd be in trouble.

Fop momentatily morphs into Christopher Hitchens. ;)

Fop momentatily morphs into Christopher Hitchens. :aye:

Nope still just me, and speaking the truth. ;)

At what stage does it become unacceptable irrespective of their celebrity btw?

Presumably nobody wants an 80 year old's notch on their bedpost?

Would you shag the queen? You'd be able to dine out on that one for a while, I'd imagine.

At what stage does it become unacceptable irrespective of their celebrity btw?

Presumably nobody wants an 80 year old's notch on their bedpost?

Would you shag the queen? You'd be able to dine out on that one for a while, I'd imagine.

but you wouldnt be ashamed to shag someone who is a 'little over the hill', if they were dead famous like surely? I admintbrigitte and the queen have seen better days but a small price to pay for some cracking pub banter